Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 21 Ch. 178 - The Girlfriend and the Tiger’s Den (Part 3)

@TheEjaculator : If he's not screwing with their heads, why is Mizuhara completely panicking? Doesn't seem very helpful to her to take her words for himself and then make sure she hears them from oblivious Kaz. Considering that he organized this whole party to make this situation happen, I am a little doubtful that this total mess is an unfortunate accident. This is at best revenge on Mizuhara for picking Kazuya over him, and at worst he's got some more shenanigans in store.

I've seen this type of guy a million times before. Slick, savvy, successful -- slimy. He's that guy in the restaurant who's got the waitress sparkly-eyed and eating out of his hands, and then when she goes out of earshot, he says in a nasty voice, "Ha! She must love to suck cock."

The chapter is called "the girlfriend and the tiger's den." I think for a reason.

Dex-chan lover
Kazuya...
Have you ever stopped to consider that you're not nearly as bad as you think you are?

Here's hoping Umi talks with Kazuya more– if there's anybody who could reliably build up his self esteem, it's him.

WOW when Kazuya is not hard simping and self deprecating to extreme degrees he's likable and relatable

Dex-chan lover
If this was a korean series, next chapter would be Umi drugging Mizuhara and trying to rape her.
Since this is a manga, there is still a chance he is actually a normal nice guy.

Fed-Kun's army
178 chapters for the first true blushing face of Chizuru... Wtf... The progress was a bit slow, wasn't it?

I feel like Umi is not a bad dude.

He pretty much knew what Chizuru was thinking when she rejected his advance and indirectly said she liked Kazuya.

Besides, I never took the phrase "I don't not like him" literally.

The meaning behind those words is actually someone struggling to admit to his or her own feeling.

I think Chizuru had started developing feelings for Kazuya ever since he saved her at the beach.

But since he's her client, Kazuya was still trying to get back with Mami, and she wanted to keep being a professional, she's been bottling up her feelings towards him.

Her saying "I don't not like him" was basically like you getting caught lying and you don't want to admit it, but you also suck at lying so you have cognitive dissonance and say something contradicting.

I had to go back like 50 chapters to find out what the i dont not like him meant but now its making some more sense about why she got all flustered and now I'm suspicious of umi even more then I was before

Fed-Kun's army
Also I kinda wish they become good friends, Umi and Kazuya, tbf he didn't play dirty yet. He confessed his love and was rejected, nothing more nothing less, he just gave a present and focused on Kazuya... Felt good. Please, don't make Umi be a common korean character that drugs and rape lol.

@dafater

I actually disagree with you on the beach part. I don't think Chizuru started developing feelings for him then. I think that incident made her feel like she could trust him. That is, that he isn't some scumbag who only wants her body or anything. To me I interpreted that as her thinking she could be friends with him.

I'd argue the seeds of her feelings for him were planted around the time Ruka stayed over and Chizuru was shocked at what Ruka said, Around chapter 100 for so. Then it increased when the filming started, and increased again when they went alone to film the final shot.

@frumpyjungle : Exactly. It's pure genius on the part of the mangaka to make all his knives come out, and half the readers don't even realize yet that he's out to destroy the two of them and these readers are continuing to think he's somehow got "good intentions."

Double-page supporter
i am getting bunny girl senpai vibes from the "you stepped on my foot " line , and i think it's a good sign o(*°▽°*)o

Not going to lie I was going to drop this and just read this chapter. Can someone catch me up with a brief description lol. By her face I'm assuming she said she likes him to the guy he was talking to and he brought it up? This guy helping those 2 or trying to get in between them?

That ending is just another stab at the readers... "frustrating, but that's fine!" Yes, it's frustrating that nothing moves forward even when there seems to be some kind of development. And no, that's not fine! Time for a 6 months hold on this - hope it has ended by then, but this will probably run for another 10 years without either one of them actually making a real move on the other.

Users who are viewing this thread