Karate Survivor in Another World - Vol. 6 Ch. 42 - A WIldling Entrapped 3

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for chap. Nice ending of this arc. Honestly like other people say, It could be resolved bit differently, maybe more peaceful, sure maybe some fight to settle things down but at end not push more fights. Maybe it could be shown that things started to become peaceful for him, but deep inside it was not right thing, something stirring up, desire for adventure pushing him out of comfy town.
But maybe author really wants to push idea of unforgiving world where you either eat people or get eaten, where Yajin can't really get easily out of uncomfortable situations.

Dex-chan lover
Been a while since I started reading this, but was there not a system where he could only obtain xp from killing humans? What happened with that? There have been no xp gained, at least visually for quite some time now?
The same happening two or three times like it has would be less jarring if we could at least get the satisfaction of him gaining something from it at least, instead of just having to run away to the next town for being a murderer, even though people clearly know that they were trying to kill him, so in self defense he killed them instead.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapter! Hoping they build on it each time as he learns. First time he had a party, this time he worked with dismantlers. Next time should be him living with someone as he learns to fish with the village being small and people initially wary of him but then coming to accept him after some monster attacks the village or he saves a kid. It is repetitive but I'm still not tired of it yet cause it's being acknowledged I have hope it will be addressed.

Fed-Kun's army
I understand why folks are disappointed that the story didn’t give Yajin the respite he deserves, or at least a change of pace. Despite the increasingly formulaic nature of the story my heart still races from page to page not knowing whats going to happen. I have the strong impression that Yajin could die suddenly and without meaning, and that this incredibly bad karma he's accruing is going to catch him midway his journey for peace.

I liked the chapter, thanks for translating it.

Contributor
Been a while since I started reading this, but was there not a system where he could only obtain xp from killing humans? What happened with that? There have been no xp gained, at least visually for quite some time now?
The same happening two or three times like it has would be less jarring if we could at least get the satisfaction of him gaining something from it at least, instead of just having to run away to the next town for being a murderer, even though people clearly know that they were trying to kill him, so in self defense he killed them instead.
His spacial awareness (the "heat-vision" panels in this chapter) skill leveled up a chapter or two ago. As you said, either the author forget about full level ups, or he's at a point where he needs a buttload of xp for his next level, like the world is going off of Western RPG rules for levels (usually Level 20 is Max) and not the JRPG "throw numbers on the board" leveling system.

Users who are viewing this thread