Karate Survivor in Another World - Vol. 6 Ch. 42 - A WIldling Entrapped 3

Dex-chan lover
with how this people react to mc's strength, its a matter of time before they get killed by other people lmao.

Dex-chan lover
oh, now someone with a ranged weapon (bow) come out!? what the hell did that guy do all this time!? are this guy really an adventurer with how much of a brain dead they are?
Friendly Fire
You want to hit you oh so scary bosn that probably shrug off thot arrow an rip you in half with his bare hand when Yajin finally lose?

Dex-chan lover
Friendly Fire
You want to hit you oh so scary bosn that probably shrug off thot arrow an rip you in half with his bare hand when Yajin finally lose?
how about... don't engange in melee in the first place with someone who's CLEARLY capable of it, as shown in previous duel? this is why I have a hard time thinking this Gary as a smart guy for a leader.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the chapter
I think that yajin shouldn't settle yet or the story would become predictable and the writer would have to reduce the number of fights
Instead I hope in every town he learns just a little more and eventually leads to him finding a home and being super wise and strong but not OP

Dex-chan lover
how about... don't engange in melee in the first place with someone who's CLEARLY capable of it, as shown in previous duel? this is why I have a hard time thinking this Gary as a smart guy for a leader.
You're not wrong but then again, he already defeated Paul and his team. Maybe they think arrows alone won't do much and guy fired in the heat of the moment since how can THEY NOT SEE a shieldbearer moving in to defend him?
I think thah Gary chose to swarm and melee to make a brutal example.
Getting sliced in half is way more brutal than getting shot but arrows

cgr

Dex-chan lover
how about... don't engange in melee in the first place with someone who's CLEARLY capable of it, as shown in previous duel?
this is why I have a hard time thinking this Gary as a smart guy for a leader.
More likely, one of the reasons Gary was leader is for his strength / personal violence, so Gary did need to show it off (Yajin judged him as strong in chapter 41 so he's clearly much stronger than Paul).

He'd probably lose a lot of respect and would have a much harder time keeping his leadership of adventurers (probably disorganized ruffians, of which only a few are truly loyal to him), if he just came at Yajin with too many numbers from the start - and he is likely to lose more men if Yajin rushes to defend himself at the start.

also, previous duel shows Yajin is capable but it's still just a barehanded fight, Gary may have judged he had the advantage with a weapon when he saw Yajin (without a large weapon), but he didn't expect Yajin to have poisoned weapons.

another possibility is that Gary doesn't have many skilled ranged fighters so he's not likely to corner Yajin, that one archer may have just been a guy excessively loyal/enraged.

As an other worlder he can get exp from anything he kills including humans, on that note last time he stated that the guard was higher level, so it would be hilarious if he accidently killed him with that punch and broke through to the next tier by accident.
I'm very skeptical of chapter 40's translation, more likely he means the guards are level 20, (above level 20 seems too much of an escalation since even Yajin had a hard time passing level 15 against rock lizard, and still need to fight/kill often to get to lvl 19) : so Yajin wouldn't break the level 20 ceiling from punching (killing?) that guard.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm very skeptical of chapter 40's translation, more likely he means the guards are level 20, (above level 20 seems too much of an escalation since even Yajin had a hard time passing level 15 against rock lizard, and still need to fight/kill often to get to lvl 19) : so Yajin wouldn't break the level 20 ceiling from punching (killing?) that guard.

The line in question is:
こいつらはパウールべリングでレベルを20まで上げているからそうこらの冒険者よりずっと厄介だ

I think you're probably right, and 20まで上げている means the level was raised up to 20, not above 20. So that's my mistake. I'd still like to know who this Paulo Belling character is though!
Otherwise, you're also right about Gary, I think his reputation as a strong man was somewhat literal, so he only started to consider asking his men for direct assistance once Yajin's poison had begun taking effect.

Wow, that crack was nicely executed typesetting, well done and thanks for translation!
Okay arc, poor guard got caved in for appearing in wrong place at the wrong time.
It's funny, because the original kana are deliberately more plain than the usual sfx typesetting, but for the English I had to go completely the other way to distinguish this sound effect.
Also, that guard wasn't poor, he's been shaking down travellers for all their money! ;)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Been a while since I started reading this, but was there not a system where he could only obtain xp from killing humans? What happened with that? There have been no xp gained, at least visually for quite some time now?
The same happening two or three times like it has would be less jarring if we could at least get the satisfaction of him gaining something from it at least, instead of just having to run away to the next town for being a murderer, even though people clearly know that they were trying to kill him, so in self defense he killed them instead.
I believe he never overcame the wall (You have to defeat a higher existence to be able to increase your level further) he can increase his skill level but before he deals the killing blow on a powerful monster he is unable to level up. I believe when he and Gons defeated the powerful monster he gave Gons the final strike believing that once Gons is high enough level Gons would be able to carry the other three in killing a powerful monster. Though, the noble kinda stopped that so Yajin never dealt the final blow to a powerful monster. (Basically, until he manages to deal a finishing blow on a monster like the one Gons finished he has to deal with a level cap) - at least I think this is the reason

reu

Dex-chan lover
breaks the face of a local asserting the local pecking order, instead of just making a name for himself with his skill
I dindu nuffin, lmao
What's suprising is that the butchers let him work while knowing he had started shit in his first day in town, they were getting squeezed by Gary so that probably was their passive-agressive way of getting back at him, "he's one of us, you can't just openly go at him without a good cover story".

Dex-chan lover
Eh, I feel like this arc needed to be longer. It's over and I don't really feel anything about it. We didn't spend enough time with the dismantlers for me to be fond of them, nor enough time with the adventurers for me to hate them. What's the point of redoing the last arc if you're going to do it worse?

As long as they don't pull three in a row, I'm still game...

Double-page supporter
The line in question is:
こいつらはパウールべリングでレベルを20まで上げているからそうこらの冒険者よりずっと厄介だ

I think you're probably right, and 20まで上げている means the level was raised up to 20, not above 20. So that's my mistake. I'd still like to know who this Paulo Belling character is though!
;)
I think that he said power leveling but in english, which turned into "powru reburring" due to the japanese accent, maybe as some gamer slang.

Dex-chan lover
I think that he said power leveling but in english, which turned into "powru reburring" due to the japanese accent, maybe as some gamer slang.
Holy cow, you're totally right! Now I'm a little disappointed that the final boss won't be a guy called Paulo, but I guess my final boss is translating...

Aggregator gang
I feel like I am reading a manhua with the number of mf's courting death.

Author completely brushed aside and forgotten that they had established that the MC can gain levels by killing humans too. Can the MC break through a level cap by killing a strong enough human? Who knows. I feel like the skill and leveling system in this manga is completely arbitrary and it's as if the author didn't want to add it to the story but the editor demanded it be included because, isekai tropes be popular y'all.

It's starting to get ridiculous how basically everyone he meets wants to kill him to the point where I am wondering if this guy really is cursed. How does this society even function with the sheer number of morons going around openly killing each-other. Like, you'd think that after 10's of people mysteriously go missing after declaring that they're going to kill the MC, you'd rub 2 brain cells together and think, maybe I shouldn't go after this man.

Since these people can't seem to ever get a clue, maybe MC should start putting his butchery skills to the test and skin a human or two and wear it to establish to these knuckleheads that he is not someone to be fucked with.

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand why ppl are complaining about this manga being set in a world that is exceptionally difficult to live in and demands a certain toughness.

Its a breath of fresh air compared to most "op from the beginning isekai" trash where the MC strolls through with minimal effort.

It's great that Yajin has to work hard and suffer. Levels are hard to earn, and even his "cheat skill" is something that he trained very hard for in his first life.

Who cares if its a bit repetitive? It clears most isekai for interest and entertainment.

N2O

Dex-chan lover
Huh. First place had some emotional investment for me with the party and everything. This place not so much. He was just kinda there and now he's gone, doesn't feel like anything happened really :nyoron:

Users who are viewing this thread