Karate Survivor in Another World - Vol. 6 Ch. 42 - A WIldling Entrapped 3

Dex-chan lover
Been a while since I started reading this, but was there not a system where he could only obtain xp from killing humans? What happened with that? There have been no xp gained, at least visually for quite some time now?
The same happening two or three times like it has would be less jarring if we could at least get the satisfaction of him gaining something from it at least, instead of just having to run away to the next town for being a murderer, even though people clearly know that they were trying to kill him, so in self defense he killed them instead.
Idk, i like it better without the system. It's less cliche that way.

Dex-chan lover
Seeing him break through every unreasonable situation is great, but I do wish he’ll be able to make a base for himself and set down his roots
That will be hardcore he was transported in an realistic middle age, having an non friendly face with no talent to sweet talk (beside if you are too good in that will be worst) in an medieval world full of clasism, disparities, bad people, corruption and nobles

The good thing is we don't see those things like in earth:
supremacist by religion (christian and muslims)
herecy by random knowledge (courtesy of supremacist religions)
real heretics (like those into human experimentation, sacrifice, cannibalism, or lovecraftian cults)
creepy superstitions/folklore/legends (that can make you a target or a prey just for being foreigner or diferent)
expansionist empires
wars by random reasons... etc

Aggregator gang
Been a while since I started reading this, but was there not a system where he could only obtain xp from killing humans? What happened with that? There have been no xp gained, at least visually for quite some time now?
The same happening two or three times like it has would be less jarring if we could at least get the satisfaction of him gaining something from it at least, instead of just having to run away to the next town for being a murderer, even though people clearly know that they were trying to kill him, so in self defense he killed them instead.
His spacial awareness (the "heat-vision" panels in this chapter) skill leveled up a chapter or two ago. As you said, either the author forget about full level ups, or he's at a point where he needs a buttload of xp for his next level, like the world is going off of Western RPG rules for levels (usually Level 20 is Max) and not the JRPG "throw numbers on the board" leveling system.
He can level but he hit the soft cap (19), and needs to get the killing blow on a higher tier creature (level 20 or higher), remember they pooled their money to buy a black steel axe so that their big bald friend can get the kill on the big monster (you see a flash back in this chapter with the wagon on page 26) and he did get the kill and level up over 20 but the town noble came after them and they had to scatter.

As an other worlder he can get exp from anything he kills including humans, on that note last time he stated that the guard was higher level, so it would be hilarious if he accidently killed him with that punch and broke through to the next tier by accident.

Fed-Kun's army
That was pretty metal to see Yajin twist Gary's head and pretty unique to see the aftermath of the broken neck.

Not so metal is Yajin once again getting stuck in the wilderness without any supplies. Only now, I understand the meaning of the title and how true it is for the series. Yajin (Wild man) Reincarnation.

Dex-chan lover
really consider to dropping this if almost every guy he meet always try to kill him and then he somehow become guilty party again. Let see how next arch going.

Group Leader
Three steps forward, two and a half steps back :fml:
giphy.gif

Aggregator gang
can we have 1 arc just of him relaxing, this is depressing to read
he constantly struggling with no break and always have to watch his back

Dex-chan lover
@RiceScum1 @CatLife
I think the author is using the old western/hero-wanderer trope, mc rolls up into town, stirs up the rabble rowsers, beats'em up, then dips. In a way, I think I enjoy this cause I grew up watching stuff like it (Samurai Jack, Stardust Crusaders, and somewhat One Piece specifically come up as the most recent examples) so I don't find it as bothersome.

Dex-chan lover
oh, now someone with a ranged weapon (bow) come out!? what the hell did that guy do all this time!? are this guy really an adventurer with how much of a brain dead they are?

Users who are viewing this thread