Karate Survivor in Another World - Vol. 7 Ch. 45 - Flashing Grey Matter

Double-page supporter
if the kid betrays him imma riot
I doubt he does, but it's as Yajin says - co conspirators, not friends. If the kid has to choose between himself and Yajin, he will choose himself. This is rightly so, as from his perspective Yajin is a sketchy drifter with a knack for violence. That is not the type of person you put yourself on the line for, nor do you fully trust that kind of person simply because they found cooperating with you in one situation to be worthwhile.

We also know he is a coward/fearful, though this is also justified given the level system. He will not want to piss off Yajin, a high level guy, but if someone worse than Yajin shows up he will side against Yajin.

Probably what happens is that Yajin takes the fall for killing the head fisherman to avoid political fallout in the village, but the kid does not stop him from escaping, resuming Yajin's life on the road.

Dex-chan lover
He must have a fishing rod made from Black Metal...
Fish out a monster that is level 30 out of water and let it die due to lack of oxygen passing through the gills. Terrain advantage can make fishermen break the level cap faster.

Double-page supporter
It's interesting that Argo proclaimed Yajin's level to be 25. Yajin clearly wasn't aware or hasn't been checking, because of the surprised internal monologue Yajin had. Does Argo have some sort of appraisal skill?
he didn't say yajin was level 25, he said his uncle was level 25. yajin was worried because the guy has a higher level then him.

Dex-chan lover
Which implies that Yajin is still aware of his own level and presumably hasn't been that higher from his adventurer days (iirc the level breaking thing only applies to the guy with killing blow?)

Dex-chan lover
Fish out a monster that is level 30 out of water and let it die due to lack of oxygen passing through the gills. Terrain advantage can make fishermen break the level cap faster.
Technically, so long as their gills are wet they can breathe. A fish out of water can survive for a long time if the conditions are right, provided they don't die of exposure to the sun.

Unless they use ramjet ventilation

Dex-chan lover
Originally for RPG standards, especially TTRPG, you reach level 25 when you're close to the endgame.

Makes you wonder what the hell the Uncle did to have a level that high. Did he use to be a criminal or something?

Dex-chan lover
Technically, so long as their gills are wet they can breathe. A fish out of water can survive for a long time if the conditions are right, provided they don't die of exposure to the sun.

Unless they use ramjet ventilation
Also need some hella stronk back, core, arms, stance, & possibly a group to outlast it's struggling.

I originally pictured something from river monsters, but remembering the last lvl cap monster makes me rethink that.

Dang, level 25 already? This is some DBZ power escalation between arcs (lmao).

I wonder if there's another level cap after 15? Apparently town guards could level up just by doing their jobs where adventurers had to jump through a bunch of hoops, but it makes me wonder how Melgo got that strong. Maybe fisherman is a job with high XP gain? Although he'd still have to have dealt with the level 15 cap somehow.
Why don't you guys think dude just lied about his level lmao. Do you think some fisherman could get black metal and kill lvl 15 beast just like that? As Yajin said, no point in being village head when he could get hired by a noble. Also, who would try and check? As you saw, his men are fodder, they probs don't know a difference between lvl 10 or 25.

Dex-chan lover
Why don't you guys think dude just lied about his level lmao. Do you think some fisherman could get black metal and kill lvl 15 beast just like that? As Yajin said, no point in being village head when he could get hired by a noble. Also, who would try and check? As you saw, his men are fodder, they probs don't know a difference between lvl 10 or 25.
I should probably read the light novel so I can guide the translation more accurately, but my guess is that Melgo has some sort of secret that explains his unusually high level and also why he hasn't achieved more with his life - and that secret won't be revealed till the showdown with Yajin. But maybe it's just a plot hole - as much as I enjoy the series, I think the underlying story was always the weakest part of the manga.

Dex-chan lover
Can't wait for the boy to betray him after getting the throne.

Dex-chan lover
Which implies that Yajin is still aware of his own level and presumably hasn't been that higher from his adventurer days (iirc the level breaking thing only applies to the guy with killing blow?)
YES HE NEEDS TO KILL A HUMAN LIKE HOW HE KILLED THE GUILD MASTER.

Aggregator gang
Dang, level 25 already? This is some DBZ power escalation between arcs (lmao).

I wonder if there's another level cap after 15? Apparently town guards could level up just by doing their jobs where adventurers had to jump through a bunch of hoops, but it makes me wonder how Melgo got that strong. Maybe fisherman is a job with high XP gain? Although he'd still have to have dealt with the level 15 cap somehow.
IIRC there is a cap every five levels, also the guards got power leveled by the nobles enough to be a threat to the average peasant but not enough to be a threat to the nobility.
So if he kills the Uncle that’s lvl 25 would that make Yajin able to lvl up to 25?
yeah it would remove the level cap until that tier (every 5 levels is a tier) but only because it's Yajin, other people cant get any rewards for killing members of the same race.

Im wondering if melgo knows of a shallow area where he bait's sea monsters (using people? His brother?) in then blocks it and waits for the low tide to kill them.

Fed-Kun's army
It's interesting that Argo proclaimed Yajin's level to be 25. Yajin clearly wasn't aware or hasn't been checking, because of the surprised internal monologue Yajin had. Does Argo have some sort of appraisal skill?
I thought he was saying Melgo was lvl 25?
"Uncle is level 25, yeah?"
I know Uncle can refer to just an older male but isn't Melgo literally his uncle?

Users who are viewing this thread