Katainaka no Ossan, Kensei ni Naru ~Tada no Inaka no Kenjutsu Shihan Datta noni, Taisei shita Deshi-tachi ga Ore wo Hottekurenai Ken~ - Vol. 6 Ch. 26…

Dex-chan lover
So, the dude is part of a human traficking organisation, he tried to kill er, then backstab her, then kill her again, but she dont kill him? Yeah right, he totaly try to kill her again after this...

he did forget that a wounded lion is far more dangerous since it got nothing to lose.

i do wonder to put poison on a sword works well or is useless?
It depend on the poison used, but it's almost always useless. You need to pierce your enemy skin for the poison to act, and if you pierce his skin you might as well just kill him with your blade.
On top of this the point wont stay on the blade, it's in metal, so most of it will nearly instantly get throw around.
And the main reason no use it is because you'll throw point everywhere, and you could easily throw some in your own eyes when swinging your sword.

Contributor
So, the dude is part of a human traficking organisation, he tried to kill er, then backstab her, then kill her again, but she dont kill him? Yeah right, he totaly try to kill her again after this...
It's dumb as fuck in a combat context, but if you're trying to take out a crime ring you need as much intel as possible, so she has to keep him alive so the interrogators can get to him.

Dex-chan lover
It's hard to translate the manga choreography to anime cause there really isnt much content. All the fights while it seems long to us have very few movements that'll last only seconds to maybe a minute so I'm predicting a lot of slo-mo
That's where light novel should come to the rescue. The author seems quite good at swordfighting, and definitely good at describing swordfights. I think it should help animators where manga is not enough.

Yes, it’s normal for the adaptation to be based on the LN, but here’s the thing:
The LN is frankly nothing special. This series gained its popularity thanks to the manga, which elevated the story to a whole new level with its overall choreography. Actually, the trailer mentions that the series has sold over 5.5 million copies, but what they don’t mention is that a huge chunk of these sales are from the manga alone.

If they adapt the LN without putting effort into what truly gave the series its spotlight—the intricate manga battles—it will be nothing but a forgettable anime, which are all concerns expressed in the comments.
Manga adaptation is, indeed, quite good. But the novel it's based on is exactly the same - focused on detailed, realistic and intricate battles.
Now it's up to the director and animators to do both the LN and manga justice.

Dex-chan lover
i do wonder to put poison on a sword works well or is useless?
It can be done, but it's not particularly useful. There are many factors that make it impractical, and this manga has just demonstrated one of them. Another factor is that you need a poison that's stronger than tetanus, a common medieval wound infection that killed more soldiers than any weapon.
It seems that historically, most poisoned weapons were arrows. At least, before poison gas was unleashed in WWI.

To be fair, she was running after her leg was pierced by a lance. So authors probably dont realy care abour this kind of stuff.
I think adrenaline allows this to happen. They will both feel it later, when adrenaline wears off.

"The joy of swinging a sword" sounds so fucking grim after you see her cut a man's arm off.
I think this flashback, was for contrast with the current battle, which is not joyful at all.

Fed-Kun's army
There's a reason why it's called a pommel, you pommel people with it.

Thanks for the TL, and I hope the anime have some sick ass choreography.

979.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread