Kaya-chan wa Kowakunai - Vol. 5 Ch. 32 - Nice people aren't scary?

Dex-chan lover
I know that this girl on page 1 is just doing a genuine smile but something about the eye squint makes me chuckle. It's not derpy or anything, just unexplainably funny:
0EwXzVo.png

Dex-chan lover
You know, there’s been some shitty character who kinda had it coming. The jerky guy on the train, the man with the cigarette in the park, and the two faced mom from last chapter.
However, none of them compare to the sheer ick I got from this guy. Worst part is he just bailed when people starting getting wise on what was going on. Not arrested or anything. Plus, he tried to shift blame on Kaya and her dad for her wandering about (even though this is a community/family, especially children, friendly event) I say lock him up underground

It’s like what people say, the evil and dirty, disgusting nature lurking within humans is much more terrifying than ghost/the paranormal or supernatural.

Dex-chan lover
considering he's human and not removed from the situation even if he did get a bit of attention he could easily target another kid without someone keeping an eye on them, so hopefully the other teachers are going to ask him to leave lol.
The various children's ghosts that have appeared across the area the story is set in has very dark implications with the reveal that there is a living pedo still roaming around, one whose evil is so great that it triggered Kaya's "evil spirit" detector.

She may have sensed the grudges of his past victims lingering on him and she thought it was a ghost.:fml:

Dex-chan lover
The scary thing is that if he didn't help her she might have been kidnapped in broad daylight in front of all those people. And none of them had any thoughts on helping her or doubting him.

Dex-chan lover
Question unrelated to chapter. Is your Profile Pic on that manga with the Owl girl?
Oooh, I’m glad you asked! Long story associated with this image.

Yes, it’s Rui from “Moukin-chan” after summoning some birds. “Moukin-chan” was the first series I scanlated by myself, and I intended to scanlate it fully but came across “Kaya-chan” when searching for raws for “The Female Knight and the Kemonomimi Child” for Kafka’s scanlation team (I’m the translator of that series, too). Initially, I wanted to scanlate both “Kaya-chan” and “Moukin-chan” at the same time, alternating releases, but I couldn’t find the time to after entering med-school.

I was so interested in catching up to the raws of “Kaya-chan” that I promised myself I’d only drop “Moukin-chan” until the day I catch up to “Kaya-chan.” That day happens to be today.

I really do want to continue “Moukin-chan,” since I technically translated its entirety, plus Shoganai Projects, the ENG->ESP scanlation team for “Moukin-chan” has graciously shared me the clean pages of the rest of the series. So really, if I were to pick the series back up, the pace of chapter releases is only a matter of how fast I can typeset the pages in my free time. However, medical school only gets harder by the day, and the burnout is real.

In the end, I’ve always kept this image of Rui as my profile pic to constantly remind me that I have a series I need to finish. Whether I will pick it up is moreso whether I want to push myself even more or not. In any case, I’ll never forget Rui’s smiles in this series, which is why I picked up “Moukin-chan” in the first place (To this day, I have never seen a smile more worthy of protecting).

TLDR: Yes, it’s the owl girl, Moukin Rui. Since I’ve finally caught up to “Kaya-chan,” I might pick up “Moukin-chan” again and finish its last two volumes.

Dex-chan lover

Yes, it’s Rui from “Moukin-chan” after summoning some birds. “Moukin-chan” was the first series I scanlated by myself, and I intended to scanlate it fully but came across “Kaya-chan” when searching for raws for “The Female Knight and the Kemonomimi Child” for Kafka’s scanlation team (I’m the translator of that series, too). Initially, I wanted to scanlate both “Kaya-chan” and “Moukin-chan” at the same time, alternating releases, but I couldn’t find the time to after entering med-school.

I was so interested in catching up to the raws of “Kaya-chan” that I promised myself I’d only drop “Moukin-chan” until the day I catch up to “Kaya-chan.” That day happens to be today.

I really do want to continue “Moukin-chan,” since I technically translated its entirety, plus Shoganai Projects, the ENG->ESP scanlation team for “Moukin-chan” has graciously shared me the clean pages of the rest of the series. So really, if I were to pick the series back up, the pace of chapter releases is only a matter of how fast I can typeset the pages in my free time. However, medical school only gets harder by the day, and the burnout is real.

In the end, I’ve always kept this image of Rui as my profile pic to constantly remind me that I have a series I need to finish. Whether I will pick it up is moreso whether I want to push myself even more or not. In any case, I’ll never forget Rui’s smiles in this series, which is why I picked up “Moukin-chan” in the first place (To this day, I have never seen a smile more worthy of protecting).

TLDR: Yes, it’s the owl girl, Moukin Rui. Since I’ve finally caught up to “Kaya-chan,” I might pick up “Moukin-chan” again and finish its last two volumes.
No rush at all! Med school! Wow! Thats one hella of a beast. Good luck!

Double-page supporter

Awesome! I was waiting for this series to resume scanlating for so long I nearly forgotten about it. I hope that we'll see next chapter of Moukin-chan soon ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread