Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi - Vol. 5 Ch. 24

Dex-chan lover
A lot of people are talking about social cues, and all sorts of other tangential aspects.
But this:
Then there's the fact that she's right in how forcing Ryuuto to confess as a punishment game is a d!ck move no matter the reasons and they're just lucky it turned out good for them this one time.
is absolutely correct and her core motivation for her arguement. As well as the fact that he genuinely doesn’t know her and she feels uncomfortable that as soon as having made contact he shoots his shot with reckless abandon. Some people just aren’t into the idea of getting to know your partner as you date, they would rather be in a relationship with someone they are already familiar with, and that’s a personal choice.

Don’t get me wrong I think she was overly harsh and certainly shouldn’t have gone that hard, but I find it difficult to simply say “she’s a bitch” and leave it at that.

Dex-chan lover
She wants someone to like her for more than her appearance, but Ijichi does like her for more than her appearance, he likes her for her personality too and specifically how she treated him when they went airsofting. It's not just that Ijichi has a hard time saying what he wants to say though, she's so upset from projecting onto him that she asked him what he likes about her in anger and didn't wait for a response because she just ASSUMES he only likes her for her looks.

She said it herself though, she really just wants to be confessed to by a guy that she already likes, or is at least clearly interested in. She is upset at him for acting without knowing how she feels, but for a guy like Ijichi, when she compared him to a male idol she liked that was the closest he ever got to being flirted with in his entire LIFE lol. That's about as clear a sign of interest as he ever thought he could get.

IMO she has a pretty immature view of confessions because she seems to think they're all or nothing, either acceptance and you start dating or rejection and both parties walk away hurt with an eternal schism between them. Runa's approach of giving dating a shot even though she didn't have feelings for Ryuuto when he confessed didn't just confuse her, she brought it up here because it UPSET her. She doesn't have the emotional maturity to empathize with Ijichi right now because of her past bad experiences or to consider getting to know him AFTER his confession to see if she might like him knowing he already likes her, whether by going out on dates or by just spending time together with their mutual friends. To be fair, she might just not like fat guys, but if that's true, and it likely is given her attitude later in the anime, she's even more immature for not saying that outright and talking all that shit about him only considering her looks.
This^ she's a bitch and our boy deserves the world so she can get fucked

Dex-chan lover
ISTG the first time I heard the term "situationship" I lost my god damn mind. Just piecing it together from context clues, I couldn't believe just how dumb a concept it was let alone how unhealthy it was that people are willingly entering into these kinds of relationships.

Granted, it's great that there's more vocabulary to bring awareness to unhealthy relationship dynamics now that people are learning about psychology and openly talking about it, but sometimes I hear new words and popularized phrases that just make me question if we're actually going backwards as a society.... The worst is when therapy-speak is weaponized by selfish, immature, and sometimes downright narcissistic people. Hopefully it's just that we're more aware of it than before than that it's actually gotten any worse lol
It has gotten worse.

Dex-chan lover
If he want to compare, it should be like comparing Vegeta with Yamcha :dogkek:

Fed-Kun's army
Akari's right tho. Who the hell confesses so early, especially with the odds stacked against them so much? It's not tinder dating or whatever, why would she agree to date a guy she barely knows anything about and have interacted maybe 5 times overall and who in his current shape isn't attractive to her?
She even said herself that if he gave them more time she might have become interested in his personality (to offset him being uber-mega-fat), and vice versa, if he at least was attractive (and not a dick during what little interactions they had which he wasn't) she could give him a chance, although this one's less likely cuz I'm pretty sure she was confessed by hot guys before (judging by the phrase "she's always being confessed to").

Users who are viewing this thread