Kekkaishi e no Tensei - Vol. 2 Ch. 10.2

I was wondering why it was tagged tragedy until I caught up with it and god damn my heart man 😔

Fed-Kun's army
I don't understand why people hated on this manga. Tragedy is a thing, and not all mangas can be all happy and lovely, otherwise all would be the same

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the author just tackled this wrong. If they had started the story from when the mc was living on his own and traveling (maybe much more cold) and met someone that reminded him of his family this would have been much more interesting. We could have gotten hints at what happened to him until he finally opened up and told his new family (which also could have allowed for character development and for him fo become more kind to his companions). Most importantly it would have been clear what type of story this was from the start. The way it was done feels like the author just wanted to sucker punch me. I thought the series was one thing I really enjoyed (slow life style isekai with it being centered around the family) and now all that’s gone. Why would I be happy that the entire reason I was reading this series is completely gone? So what the last 8 chapters were nothing but setup? As a reader that just feels cheap and unwarranted. Start with the story you want to give me from the beginning; don’t change lanes midway through. It’s not clever (not to mention the mystery of a past tragedy and trauma and hinting at it or leading up to it is SO much more interesting than just showing it happening all in one chapter and one early chapter at that).

@dzro because of what the author did the last few chapters when they forced that tragedy and killed off the entire reason a lot of people were reading (and in a kinda dumb and forced way). If you look back on the chapter that did that, the comment section was not happy. I’m sure it had a higher rating up until that chapter (well unless people review bombed it from the start).

Dex-chan lover
new waifu get

@dzro
> wtf idk why this is have low rating

cuz it was a proper manga well made and then author just said "ah! to hell with it!l" and went to the usual OP MC and animal-eared waifu after some tragic asspull

Aggregator gang
okay, yesterday i read commet state that that is just dream, their ghost, or he gone mad.... great, i thought it will be like they just lost their nobility, and that last event is they using some magic to fool them....

thumbs up dude

The way I see this is one way the author didn't know how to proceed with the MC and rather than redo the series, he killed off everyone except for the MC to start off with a blank slate. Authors sometimes kill off characters that they don't know how to proceed or doesn't work with the story the author is trying to project to the readers. At least the author gave an option if the killed off characters could come back from the dead later in the story, maybe.

@Goldenzeal I just try out those mangas with isekai, hoping for some strong character (physically and/or just characteristic) and a sound story with some progress (can't deal with 'slow life' with detailed progression of cooking a chicken)

I like Mahouka Rettosei and Overlord. I've read only Overlord to some point, though. So mostly Anime for those.

Reading not as much, last ones I've read was Dungeon Defense (It's crazy, but I love it). But the author hasn't released any new volume since years, because of hiatus or smth.

But normally I'm open for most, but too lazy to get into mood :)

Dex-chan lover
@Taima

Oki Doki Loki.
You never said if you wanted manga or novels, so here is some of both.
focused mostly on the reincarnated as a monster part, but if you want some pure LITRPG stories I can give you some more later.

warning, may contain egregious amount of misspellings and poor grammar.
And unnecessarily manny spoiler tags to not fill up a whole window

Going to start dumping some of the more popular mangas without spoilers just in case you have not read them.
You can ignore these if you have read a lot of "reincarnated as monster" stories already.
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime ( has an anime )
Overlord ( has multiple seasons of anime and spinoffs, also MC is actually evil for once... )
Re:monster ( one of the most popular after the one above, but tbh it's gotten a bit stale for me as of late.. morally grey MC )
Reincarnated as a Sword ( not really a monster, but eh it's popular, its a LitRPG with a sword that eats monster souls to get stronger and adopts a slave catgirl daughter as his wielder )

Now for the somewhat more uncommon recommendations...
First off the mangas

Skeleton Soldier Couldn't Protect the Dungeon.
Think Re: zero but with a skeleton MC. ( if you know what that is )
Focuses more on time travel then the fact that the MC is a monster, but its one of my favourites" MC is a skeleton" stories.

MC is revived by a necromancer and has no idea who he is.
He can see status windows ( but others can´t...
except when they can because of PLOT TWIST! ( this is a thing that happened in the latest chapter of the story )
The MC has is sent back in time every time he dies so he can start over, but he keeps his stats and skills, but he also has no control over where the "checkpoints" are.
He dies a lot and is thrown back in time a lot while he explores his options.
The goal of the MC is to keep his friends alive and to find out who he is and why he can see the status windows and go back in time.
Mystery and adventure aplenty in this story.

Live Dungeon
MC is reincarnated into a world similar to game that he used to play.
He uses his game knowledge to get ahead of everybody and a lot of drama ensues because people are stupid.
Its pretty simple in its story and its focus is on how the MC flexes on everybody and character interactions.

Spirit Migration ( it got axed, but is still a really good read IMO )

No game elements but it's a good feel-good manga for how short it is.
MC is reincarnated as a spirit inside a dungeon, who has the ability to possess monsters.
He finds his way out of the dungeon and tries to find out who and what he is.
Can´t really say much more without spoiling too much as its kind of short with only 27 chapters...

Reincarnated as a Dragon’s Egg ( link to the manga on Mangadex if you want to check it out )
The manga is much more fast phased and it skips some details and less important parts like you do.... but its a perfectly fine adaptation if you want to quickly get a feel for the story.
It has a similar feel to this manga, but with a dragon MC instead of a demon lord human.
It can be a hit or miss depending on how good you are at turning off your brain when the MC does stupid stuff... and he does a lot of it.
Its an adventure story with game elements like status windows and skills etc and it's about an MC who becomes a dragon.
It's not a super-serious type of manga ( its a comedy after all ) but it does at times try and make it a bit darker and serious.
For example
when he eats a person alive to save a village or
that one creature who enslaves a whole village to have free human sacrifices every other Sunday for dinner

MC is reincarnated as a dragon egg, becomes a dragon who because of unfortunate events evolves into one of the evilest/dangerous dragons in existence to save a town of humans/elves.
Said dragons curse the land just by flapping his wings so he everyone thinks he is a super evil dragon ( and because he ate a guy to evolve while trying to save the town ).
then travels the world trying to find a way to become human so he can speak to people and makes friends and a whole lot of enemies along the way...
And now for some novels.
Dungeon core online ( MC is a dungeon master in an RPG game and not a monster)

This is a futuristic setting with virtual reality technology, so its a Sci-fi and not a traditional fantasy. ( but it's my favourite dungeon master storey so I'm including it anyway)
This story is 100% a hit or miss depending on what type of humour you like.
It relies heavily on internet meme culture and such jokes so if that is not your cup of tea, you might not like it as much as I do.

But for me who likes memes its one of the best comedy dungeon builder stories that is not afraid to make fun of itself...
In fact, there is even one part where the author references himself in the story as an inside joke to the people who have read his other web novels.
The MC is your typical Japanese student who lives alone in his house because his parents are off working somewhere else... but in the future !! ( oh wow so original )
He is given the job to be a dungeon master in a new game ( yes its literally a job ) by the government who may or may not be up to some shady stuff, just like that one arc from sword art online...

His task is to build a dungeon that people in his city ( and only the city, other cities have other dungeons ) can enter and do normal RPG things in.
It sounds not that great on paper, but the comedy comes from his interactions with his assistant fairy AI that helps him out with building a dungeon.
That said building the dungeon is in itself also a game as he has resources that he has to spend and he gets experience whenever he kills a player or completes achievements.
It has a few serious moments like that one time
where the MC almost got his memories erased because he won a bet against a person from the government
but for the most part, its none stop comedy and meme jokes with some dungeon building sprinkled on top.

The Devil’s Evolution Catalog ( light/web novel only )

This is a guilty pleasure of mine, it does not have any game elements but its a funny reincarnated into a monster story with a ( kind of but not really ) gender-bent MC.

MC is reincarnated into a fantasy world where might makes right ( kind of like those cultivation stories but with fantasy sword and magic settings. )
He is the definition of the alignment chaotic stupid but it can be pretty enjoyable to see him struggle and mess up in a world that is literally out to kill him.
This is also an adventure story, but the goal of the MC is to find his way back home from hell to find the love off his previous life by leading an army of devils and other demons.

The MC is reborn as a poor, weak nobody who is adopted into a family of veteran adventurers but leaves the family because he was being bullied for being weak (and some other things )
Not far from his home he finds a girl who is attacked by goblins, and he dies trying to save her... ( oh boi here we go again )
He is granted a wish by the girl he saved who turned out to be a devil princess and daughter of 1 out of 7 demon kings( for the 7 deadly sins, also devils are enemies of humanity in this setting and btw )
I forget what he wished for but it ends up with him "forced" into a marriage with her and reincarnated again in the demon world as the lowest tier demon ( an imp )

Imps have the intelligence of a child so he gathers an army of imps ( and later on other races after he evolves into a higher tier demon ) while trying to make his way out of hell.
The MC himself is actually really weak all throughout the story because of the way he was reincarnated but has the potential to become a demon king himself if he is allowed to grow up.

He struggles to fight pretty much everybody as he is usually a lower tier of evolution than others and has to use his intelligence to bribe, bargain, and dominate others to fight for him.
Demons and devils are also evil and selfish by nature unlike the MC who is just stupid for the most part, so he to struggle to get everybody to work together.

Also, I should point out that he is technically genderless because of plot reasons, he also looks like a lust demon ( who are always female, think your standard successes ) everyone thinks he is a girl.
( one of the reasons the MC has crazy good potential is that he is a demon of multiple sins (lust and envy, and later on also pride after he meets Lucifer )
But for the same reasons he is MUCH slower at evolving and levelling up in power which makes him a lesser tier of demons then everyone around him.

Also just to make it even more of a mess...
The person he loves is
his "sister" ( he was adopted and has no blood ties )
Who is also out to kill him because she thinks the devil he becomes after reincarnating was the one who killed him ( the second time that is, he reincarnates twice in the first 10 or so chapters )

Wait! I watched too many generic isekais and don't tell me this is going a fox loli route. No! Please no! Don't just destroy everything you built just to make it a generic isekai!! Someone please spoil me!

Dex-chan lover
@bakauguu

Some Isekai mangas with a strong MC coming up.
( also I made another post that focused on reincarnated as a monster / litRPG stories where you might be able to find some stuff too. )
Live dungeon and Skeleton Soldier Couldn't Protect the Dungeon, in particular, might be something for you.
Reincarnated as a Dragon’s Egg and Reincarnated as a Sword might fit you as well, but they are the slower kind of stories.
Not as bad as some of the "hurr durr I make this awesome " superior Japanese cuisine called Miso sauces with rice" praise me, peasants, for I am your new god!
but still...

Now with that said, for the new recommendations...

Let's start off with some " I am the demon lord " stories

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord ( also has an anime )
MC is summoned into the body of his game character who is/was called a demon lord/king ( technically a LiTRPG story, but the game elements are very small and you could easily forget about them )
His summoners ( yes there are two of them for stupid plot reasons ) tried to summon a battle pet and got him instead.
Before he can get a grip of what is going or say anything, they try to bind him with a ritual but MC has a ring that reflects magic so they get bound to him instead as pets slaves.
The MC himself is a shut-in weeaboo who has zero communication skills so he starts pretending to act like he believes his character would do.

The story is a comedy adventure story with a MC who acts super high and mighty but deep down is a too nice for this world cinnamon roll.
he is, by all means, one of the strongest people around, but he no idea what he is doing two-third of the time.
meanwhile, he is trying to find out what the heck just happened, how he got here and what am I to do with these two hot slaves who literally can't leave my side.

I don´t even have to go into spoilers past the first episode of the anime to express what kind of story this is.
I could explain more going past the first two episodes... but do I really need to?

Maou-sama Retry

Its an adventure story with kingdom building elements with an MC who is a good guy but everybody believes he is an evil demon lord who is going to take over the world.

MC is reincarnated as his game character (yes another one but this one has kingdom builder elements )
His character is basically a demon lord god-emperor from the game setting he is from.
The people in the new world actually believes he is a demon lord, but he is basically immune to all physical damage so he curb stomps everybody. ( but he later finds out not magical )
The MC himself is actually a good guy, so he rescues a poor orphan girl ( like you do as your typical demon lord ) and sets out to make an economical hostile take over of the kingdom. ( not by force )
He does this so he can rebuild the kingdom into a better place to live, but also so he can find out how he got to where he is and how to remove a ring that is possessed by an evil god or something...

To keep the train going with a strong MC who has a timid personality...

Elqueeness

MC is reincarnated as a spirit king of water, basically a god of water.
But because he fucked up his own reincarnation he has no idea how to use his power.
He makes a contract with a boy king who has just been dethroned and starts a journey to restore the kingdom ( and the world thanks to spirit king of water being gone for so long )

The MC is a super powerful spirit who can control all the water in the world, but as long as he is in the mortal world he has to drain mana from a contractor or he loses his body.
The problem is that because of his own fucked up resurrection he has no idea how to use his power and has to learn how to do it from zero
( he was supposed to have been reborn with this knowledge, at the cost of his previous life's memories and personality, but he got away before the ritual could be finished )
His contractor is the rightful boy king of a kingdom who has been dethroned because of superstitious nobles who blamed the droughts ( because the MC was missing from the world ) on the previous king.
Now the MC is travelling around the kingdom with the king (who is the first human in history to make a contract with a spirit king of water )
To try and fix his kingdom from extreme corruption and drought while being hunted by the imposter king and his men.
There are also subplots with gods, devils and the other three spirit kings of fire, earth and wind along the way.

And now for the compleat opposite, physically weak MC but who are super smart...

Obligatory recommendation of Release that witch
This is one of my favourite light novel and manga of all time, BUT ITS REALLY REALLY SLOW!
The manga manages to slim the story down a ton by skipping the excessive amounts of details from the light novel, but its still a pretty slow going story.

MC is physically weak and never fights anybody, but he was a civil engineer who can apparently remember high school science books from memory.
He is reincarnated as a prince who is watching the execution of a witch, he stops the execution and learns that witches are prosecuted all over the world.
He takes over the city he is in and rebuilds it into a place where Witches doesn't have to fear for their lives, by using the witches powers to make an industrial revolution.
But before he can get very far somebody assassinates the king and throws the kingdom ( and later on the world ) into civil war.

If you think you like this type of Story
"Ascendance of a Bookworm" is also a pretty good choice, its has an anime that is ahead of the manga ( but not the novel ) so watch it as an Anime.
It's about an MC who is reincarnated as a sickly child.
She is so weak that walking a few hundred meters can make her faint because of ( BIG plot point spoilers )
The reason she is sick is that she has too much magic, and its slowly killing her.
But on the other hand, she has A LOT of magic... magic is always good... right ???
She is obsessed with books, but because she is a poor peasant in a fantasy world she decides to craft her own books.
The story is basically about her journey to become a books salesman in a fantasy world, but because nobles are nobles its not very easy for her.
It sounds pretty meh on paper, but i like it a lot.

Dungeon Seeker
This is a short 33 chapter story that is actually finished.
It's pretty grim dark and has some gore in it, but I put it here anyway just to have some that aren't a happy go lucky adventure story.

The story is about a guy who is transported into a fantasy world, but he is betrayed by his friends and thrown into a dungeon that nobody has ever survived.
He then against all odds manages to survive in the dungeon by sheer determination while growing stronger by defeating the almost impossible to defeat monsters in the dungeon.
The dungeon is in a weird time bubble and because the whole journey is everything I can´t say much, but it's not your standard revenge porn isekai story and it's actually finished so...
yeah...

These all ended up with similar types of stories , but I have to run off for now. ( running late for a meeting )
I can get you some more later with other themes if you want tho.
So if you did not find these to your liking , send me a private message :p

goldenzeal. although some of them are good the other half are not. the later's plot are boring/not engaging too much or maybe lackig some plot twist here and there. (you know?[maybe?]) its like ridding a kid's rollercoaster while being a grown up— feeling.
cant argue that yes, if you atleast have the patient of a (slowpoke?) and read thro those boring thousand lines until the story becomes engaging again, you "CAN" find a gold as what youve been searching for. (and yes just like mr.columbus)

Users who are viewing this thread