Kekkaishi e no Tensei

Writing is lazy. Author dialed the shock factor up to 11 at the expense of everything else.

Some readers might enjoy a pair of high heels on their balls. But let’s not pretend there’s any depth here. If you were a fan of The Human Centipede or Saw this will probably be your cup of tea.

Is this manga worth reading after they killed off the family

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I'd still recommend this even after the killings. I know people would be incredibly put off, especially after creating a sense of familiarity. However, unlike most isekai that go through tragedy, this one seems to have a clear upward trend. He's beginning to meet people who have stories about his loved ones that he never knew.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

story is great, twist and plot development are also great,
the people complaining about the twist are the same people who dropped game of thrones because ned stark died.
ignore them @kangbin the story gets better.

Dex-chan lover
Why are we at a 6.86 score when this is clearly an above 8* hands down.

@konpyuutasan I agree, I don't think this needed to be an isekai to be the story that it is right now.. There was no relevance in MC coming from our universe so far.

Dex-chan lover
Probably deserves to be a high 7 or low to mid 8 rating, but is bombed because of the Tragedy.
While extremely successful in separating the story into two distinct sections, it wasn't done very logically and instead relied very strongly on the emotional response instead.
MC: Oh no! How did you get past my barrier!?
Dude: Because I can! Nyehehe! And now I am your Master! Release all the other barriers!
MC: Curses! If only my adopted parents hadn't kept the slavery enchantment active for these past 2 years, despite officially adopting me like the prince ordered them to!
And the inclusion of a talking magical sidekick came out of nowhere in the second part, but I guess the author/editor wasn't ready to fully commit to grimdark.

very generic with a lot of cringy moments and there’s very little sense of direction but otherwise it’s good
6/10 not worth your time compared to other great ones but meh

This manga made me crying a looooot T . T
It definitely not that smooth OP of MC-isekai manga type.

But it is interesting. I love the character development, and that twist that made me cries a lot.

Thankyou for translating this.
Me rating right now 8/10

I see a tragedy tag and someone saying they killed off the ML,
Hell no I’m out of here XD

Fed-Kun's army
If, as a reader, you can't handle a little shock or tragedy, then reading might not be good for you. The manga's definitely not trash, it's the people who drop it after something bad happens.

Everyone’s really over here calling this trash because some main characters died, maybe you should’ve noticed the tag which clearly says “TRAGEDY”. What did you think was gonna happen, a happy ending?

Please for u spoilers put
PUT SPOILER TAG U FRIK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tag in your comment as to not ruin the other untainted readers to read this.

Dont scroll down, alot of people not using spoiler tags. Good manga, do note the tragedy tag. The first 9-10 chapters felt like an introductory ark and basically showing us what the tragedy tag is there for. Cant wait to see more. The low rating is due to people not noticing the tragedy tag, would probably be 8.3-8.7. Wish we got more of an explanation of the full range of abilites MC has (dont think it's just barriers and the manipulation of whats inside the barriers) and am hoping that will be explained. I think the author did a good job so far on the psychological aspect of the manga. The art was fairly good. Last thing I should mention is the story is set up for the long run, so we might not get an ending for awhile (another one to two years depending on how long it takes to draw it. Id honestly pick this up, its better than most.

@gagegageha
They were talking about the FL dying not the ML, guy prob hought ML meant FL. And if they meant ML, then if they already knew how the story went and didnt like it the first time then they shouldnt have expected different of an adaptation of the original.
spoilers are chapter 8-10 spoilers. Dont click if you havent caught up (for people just starting the manga)

Users who are viewing this thread