Kekkaishi e no Tensei

Fed-Kun's army
This is a really fun read. And dont scroll down trust me. Too much spoilers that does not use spoiler tag. The twists are fun but you cant re experience that. read it first and then comment.

I dropped this title, I call it trash.
Is it because of the 'tragedy' tag?
Far from it.

It is because of intentional misleading by the writer (show reader conflicting information to make some characters look 'smart'), inconsistency (elements come and go as author pleases) and extreme idiocy shown by characters. The tragedy itself is used primarily as a shock value, rather than developed aspect of the story,felt like a... let's say 'an acquisition from the rear end of digestive system' [henceforth 'AFREDS'], and with a buildup and subtlety of, ironically enough, an isekai-truck.

Due to nature of the above further explanation will be done in spoilers. Data as of chapter 12.1
I will try to keep the comment in a 'family friendly' language, mostly, despite series not being family friendly.

#1 - Bloating of backstory. This is supposedly isekai, though the 'otherworldly' aspect is insanely limited, and I am willing to say at this point - inconsequential; A guy from our world got thrown into, what wants to be, a cutthroat quasi-medieval world. ENTIRETY of 'otherworldy' elements is backstory, it has no impact at all on character; Characters acts as an in-world inhabitant would, and after removal of that aspect nothing in the story would change. The character adopted to the world LITERALLY within minutes at worst.

#2 - Inconsistency - Could author please decide, whether or not the 'kill aura' even exists, and if it does is it a problem or not? The 'problem' was fixed literally within minutes of meeting someone else; 'Magic beats', true but still [btw: Except for exotic animals, no animal was shown to be of any intelligence above what you would expect from a lizard or a bird, so having suddenly magic beats is an AFREDS in itself]. Only when plot demanded ANY intelligence of interest is shown, in exactly the scope it needed - a single beast.
Also - is that beast strong to remove a 'kill aura' or can anyone do that? If the latter - why the hell isn't it common? Also - why revenge killing makes you marked but apparently - working in a military, or in 'shady business' has no impact on it whatsoever. A coup? No problem; Killing of killers? Now you've done it.

Another example - In later chapters royalty orders the family to 'release MC from servitude and adopt it', later on point is made that one character is thinking about relationship with MC, as if it changed at all, and another example shows that the MC was actually adopted into family...
In practice however he is still bound by a servitude contract [which has another issue, about that shortly], so why is there a difference in relation expected? The LACK of removal of servitude is hidden from the reader, implying otherwise, only to use a shock value of the 'tragedy'.

Barriers - Could author please decide what these supposed barriers can and cannot do? Apparently they can block and manipulate air inside, but cannot protect from burning, apparently they are good enough to keep family treasures [supposedly even royal treasures], but can be bypassed by as much as WALKING THROUGH THEM even if you have no permission.

On a side note - It felt like the martial abuse backstory was shoehorned in for the 'pity' points alone, as frankly - despite being told about it the effects on the character were extremely limited, to the point of teasing of MC in ways that I would be willing to bet a martial abuse victim of that type would not even think of as being 'funny'.

#3 - Insane degree of stupidity of characters.
Let me ask you two questions:
Situation - You live in a cutthroat world, where even relatively good guys make insane demands, probably to find a hook on you AND the danger is so high that you are specifically looking for 'barier master'.
Question - Why in the hell's name would you allow 3rd party [not the guardian and you] to have ANY control over that guard?
You have even given the guard access to family treasury AND adopted him into family. Why in the hell's name would you allow anyone else to have any degree of control to them, especially someone in business of human trafficking?
If you answer 'because he's a slave, and slavery is normal' then tell me - will you give someone your banking details? Will you give for example a bank clerk your internet banking login, password and 2FA data?
No?
Why not? they have access to banking system anyway.

#4 - buildup and use of tragedy
Entire buildup comes from a single mention 'yeah, we'll F him up', until the actual S hits the fan. Aforementioned logical [in-world] and inconsistent elements are used in order to deliver shock value, frankly similarily to overglorified [regarding tragedy aspect, in my opinion] Martin's series. Edit: in hindsight - in Martin's work there's much more buildup, but still tragedy elements are largely introduced for shock value.

All in all - making a 'serious' type of world and story bears a higher level of difficulty than a simple, lighthearted one simply due to nature of the world. Half-assed silliness and extremely stupid choices and poor decision making may be tolerable in light-hearted works, and blamed on the world itself, but not in a supposedly 'harsh and cutthroat world'.

Premise of this work is usable, but it is NOT well executed.

EDIT - found a typo;

Group Leader
HdMVfTC.jpg

FFFFUUUCCCCKKKKKKK AAAAAAAAA I ALMOST CRIED DURING THE MIDDLE OF CLASS OML THERE ISN'T A TRAGEDY TAG FOR NOTHING AAAAAAAAAAAA

(I personally think this is an amazing story so far.)

I have a simple brain, this is a simple story, almost teared up a bit. I like it so far, didnt expect the tragedy to happen but eh.

All I can say is, I like it.

Now that was a curve, a lil bit of sadness and fear from the start more like confusion, and yeah just read what happens next... as for the ch 12 Im hoping to see the same brightness as the cover rn as of january 26

ok.....that was a hard af twist out of nowhere

nice manga but god I wasnt expecting that

Aggregator gang
All I needed to hear was magic slavery badly done.

Once you hear that you know the story and the world are trash.

So I'll just pass

Why is this an isekai again? I mean, if it was just an ordinary fantasy story instead of an isekai, would anything even change?

Group Leader
This manga is actually pretty interesting. The rating doesn't do it justice, and I think most of the people only gave it that because they didn't like the good twists in the story.

ow its isekai, i thought its kekaishi like old anime i watch back then, defending school with box jutsu thing

Users who are viewing this thread