Kekkaishi e no Tensei

Well it was a good manga while it lasted..............sad to see it die because the author couldn't keep it running with out making it dark and fucking over everyone and making it worst by the day oh well

I really liked this manga. Now I have no clue what's happening, and judging by what people who've read the raws and light novels are saying, it only gets worse. I don't even know where this is going anymore.

That went south real fast that I don't even know what's happening lol. Dropped.

Group Leader
That went from readable to hot trash so fast that I’m none too sure any subsequent chapters redeeming the series. For anyone curious about the series, I’d wait until the chapter 20 to see if it’s worth starting. As of chapter 9 most likely not, considering even the scanlation team dropped out

Supporter
Kinda took solace in the fact I'm not the only one who felt confused by the plot and the killings of those characters :v

Fed-Kun's army
I don't know why people are complaining. It's actually good story. Life cannot only have the happy side of things, everyone had their fair share of bad luck and grive. if someone too drunk inside their own little world then there's literally no point in the story, just your normal happy shitty isekai. People didn't even read the TRAGEDY tag.
i guess alot of people really just read manga just to run away from cruel life and fastasizing living inside happy comfy SoL manga. Life is not a sweet sugar coated world, there's always up and down, you cant expect life to stay happy all the time, sometimes you need to feel some sort of despair to grow and become stronger.

"what doesn't kill me will only make me stronger"

Sorry for bad english. so please dont hate the manga, if its not your taste just don't read it and move on, salting only hurt the author and those who actually enjoyed it.

@DragonRider45 I can't speak for everyone else who didn't like it, but my issue wasn't with the tragedy. It had more to do with not giving enough time for character development or world-building.

At no point were we told anything about where the story was happening. I don't know the name of the planet or continent. I don't remember if we were ever even told the name of the country. We weren't told anything about the neighboring countries. I don't know anything about the local geography. The entire story takes place either in a noble's manor in the capital or in a forest that's somewhere near the capital.

Without knowing anything about the city, country, or any of the local geography, I didn't really care much that he turned everything to dust.

The author gave us 5 chapters to get attached to the characters. That's not enough time. Even the recurring characters weren't given enough time in the story to flesh them out. What does each of the recurring side-characters like or dislike, what are their quirks and values?

After the initial impact of what the MC did, I didn't feel anything. I don't know anything about most of the characters the author killed off, which means there wasn't much of an impact when they died.

I'd have enjoyed it more if the author started the story after the MC leveled the capital. If the author started out with the MC as being a brooding loner and slowly unraveled his past over the course of the story, it would have had a lot more of an impact and felt less like the author just decided to restart the story after 9 chapters.

I for my part enjoy it so far, even to the point where i'm genuinly interested in what's going to happen from here on out.

@Lepper i wouldn't necessarily agree with you on all of your points to be honest. While it's true that we've not been given enough time to get attached to any of there characters i think it might now be super important, so far i think it might just be there as a keypoint in the MC's directive and or story-building. I still disagree on all the fleshing out of the story, country, powers and such. I often feel like it's some kind of exam or SAT going on with borders, intrigues that might be happening and all that stuff being offloaded in the first 5 chapters and A LOT of names of kings and whatnot being thrown around, I often feel like it's too much even.

On the other hand .... there could have been a LITTLE more information.
But still, i do enjoy how it's going and how there's some holes that leave some big questions... i feel like there's a lot of potential here with us all being forced out of those areas the MC had been restricted to so far, even being forced to because of this tragedy.
I'd really like to follow the world building a little more than just having to cram it in some kind of isekai-tutoring chapter given by hot teacher xy, "royal f* tutor or whoever flown in to educate you".

Not saying it's the best there is. But sure has me wanting for more. There's questions i want answered. And hell, i'm going to read the chapters and if they're being answered i might even say more about it. And if not... so be it.

While i agree the character building is shit
I think it has it own charm, we'll see how it goes from this point.

Contributor
I looked at the raws and there is some important stuff that's missing compared to the wn.

IF you like this style of manga and want to read it but ch10-12 seem rushed, I suggest reading wn.
Even ch8-9 was chopped up for manga.
Destroys castle first, then tortures and kills wyvern/(dragon?)

I really like this manga lol, I really like how edgy and dark it is and how it’s different from other adventure isekai mangas. Shame that they dropped it, hope someone picks it up soon.

@Tertium I also hate massive world-building information dumps. My eyes glaze over and I skip them when I see them. I'm glad the author didn't do that in this work. The issue is that in 5 chapters, there's no way to organically include all the world-building information that you'd need without doing so. That's why I said I thought the author should have extended the opening arc to take some time to develop the world and characters rather than spend it entirely developing the plot.

I haven't read ahead of the translation, but from reading the comments of those who have, I'll include a spoiler if you want to know what happens next:
The author completely abandons everything he developed in the first 9 chapters. There is no resolution to any of the plot points left open from his time in the capital. The MC spends a couple of chapters moping before getting a pet unicorn and dog. It becomes a generic isekai complete with a harem.

Users who are viewing this thread