Kekkaishi e no Tensei

Thanks for picking it up! Despite all the other comments saying otherwise, I am excited to see where this goes, and will save my judgement UNTIL this series is finished.

Dex-chan lover
God I remember reading this 4 months ago and immediately dropping it after they did that, what a great way to ruin a good story

This story is so bad, whenever a Japanese novel author steps into isekai it seems they involuntarily turn the whole story into the same copy-paste stuff.
Guy buys female slave, has only one special skill but then somehow is able to learn everything else through that one skill(or because of Deus Ex Machina), becomes a badass adventurer and then is involuntarily involved in politics (the adventurer step can be skipped if the guy is either a. a noble from the start or b. a merchant instead), turning the complete story into a cluster of genres and stories, leaving everything half-baked and superficial + boring because the character is already so overpowered that he can't lose, or if he is losing, Deus Ex Machina comes to the rescue.

The only good stories that at least partially evade going down this path are the revenge stories, where the main character has to overcome his humanity to survive on his own. But even then, there is too much Deus Ex Machina that makes you want to skip through all of the story because you can predict how it's going to turn out and reading just wastes your time with empty pages covered with words and numbers.

It could've been a good story if they at least saved the female divorcee as his bride, and he would've had to build up the noble family with her help from the start (as both are pretty much not accustomed to being a noble, it would've been a better story seeing them struggle with the sudden collapse of the kingdom and the power-&administratory vacuum).

Asriel: No, shut up. Stop being a pretentious dimwit.

Thanks for picking it up. I like this, even though it ended up very sad.

The story is great although it's little bit downer in the end. Anyway, thanks for pickin' up this manga. Hope this will continue

re- read again after on hiatus for english translation, forget there's " tragedy" in here, i'm not ready for this

I am willing to accept that the story takes 10 chapters to develop a concrete back story. Although the tragedy was jarring and kinda hard to take in at first, I think this story offers a refreshing path that is slightly different from the cookie-cutter isekai we normally see. I am holding my judgement until the story develops further.

any LN reader here? I've looked into the raws, and tbh while i don't get the language, I know what the author replaced the family with. So will it be good or drop it?

@enteitaki people are snowflakes and instantly rated 1 when they saw the tragedy tag.

Just look at the rating distribution and have a chuckle.

The rating is so not fair. Yes, it has tragedy in it but that alone doesn't make it bad by default. We are just in at 10 chapters, I will give it another 10-15 chapters to see where this goes. It has good art, interesting MC, and a fairly extensive (but tragic) back story.

This is the type of tragedy I am willing to cry to, just like how Adachi's work does. Not some revenge-based empty feeling, it's finding the strength to live on for those that have fallen.

Users who are viewing this thread