Kekkon shiyou. Rikon zentei de. - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
Considering this is categorized as Josei, the exaggerated Shounen-level MC is an even odder choice. IDK I feel like there was a better balance somewhere between emotional maturity of a child and perfect dream man that could have been used here.

Dex-chan lover
Part of me gets it. But, the rest of me finds this man exhausting.

Like, c'mon man. The only way to get better at something is to practice it. At this rate all of your romantic firsts are going to be appallingly bad memories.

Dex-chan lover
Nah... he is just a normal japanese dude... watch love Van on netflix and yeah... every single one are just like him and they are from all

He is a normal japanese dude... watch reality tv dating shows of normal japanese... all guys are like this, even the extrovert ones.

But is like this... alot of 30 year old japanese dudes are like this...
Dude, maybe some JP guys are like that, but you are definitely wrong to say that the MC is representative of japanese men. Like, the MC is very obviously an exaggerated caricature of romantics so to say he's accurate to the japanese is pretty fucking racist.

Plus your source is.... TV shows? Brother, even "reality" shows have people acting to be more dramatic, they can NOT be used as a reliable source.

Dex-chan lover
Idk maybe it's just the difference in culture. Japanese is definitely leaning more towards the reserved side but I can't exactly say that his level of nervousness normal.

I feel like people are acting shocked that a story about a recovering NEET is actually acting like a NEET.

Dude's entire demeanor has made it blatant that he was also a shut-in and a loner back in high school. It's not a shocker at all that he lacks social skills.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like people are acting shocked that a story about a recovering NEET is actually acting like a NEET.

Dude's entire demeanor has made it blatant that he was also a shut-in and a loner back in high school. It's not a shocker at all that he lacks social skills.
Yeah it's a lot less strange when you realize you're supposed to go "oh man, something seems wrong with this guy." Cause something is. But also, it's important to consider the demographic this is aimed at. This isn't for guys who imagine themselves being the guy. This is for girls falling in love with the guy. A vulnerable, kind romantic who's a great cook, great to have around the house, and handsome in an emo teen way. Even acting like a young dude who gets easily flustered by touch and attention. Basically:
I love this mc he's so cute and endearing 😍
is the point

Dex-chan lover
Definitely intended for josei. Also, Male lead remind me of Dog and Scum MC. Enjoyable nonetheless.

Dex-chan lover
I'm surprised no one else seems to view his behaviour as "I really do like her, and I wouldn't be able to just fake it. Doing stuff like that knowing it's just an act to her would kill me inside." That's a very different motivation than just "why is he acting like a kid/pussy/bitch" of course he's not going to treat her like some "pump and dump" Tinder hookup where he just jumps at the first chance he can to use her for sex; he cares about her and only wants real love.

I'm surprised no one else seems to view his behaviour as "I really do like her, and I wouldn't be able to just fake it. Doing stuff like that knowing it's just an act to her would kill me inside." That's a very different motivation than just "why is he acting like a kid/pussy/bitch" of course he's not going to treat her like some "pump and dump" Tinder hookup where he just jumps at the first chance he can to use her for sex; he cares about her and only wants real love.
Fr all the folks in here getting upset at a neet acting like a neet are self-disclosing too much lmao.
Plus its Josei.... the idea isn't about having Rui be your sugar momma it's about Kyousuke being Rui's timid manwife.

A friend summed the quintessential reaction to rom-com characters as:
When she girlfailures "aww, she's so cute. I wanna take care of her!"
When he guyfailures "disgusting, what's wrong with you! put your dick away!"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread