Kemono Jihen

this is so good, this series is fascinating and i feel like it plays a good balance of mature and innocent(? idk the right word). like you learn some shite in there and ur like, man, thats facked up. but then like also he befriends a lot of people. though its not quite talk-no-jutsu... and its not like the people that like him go on his side all the time. but i mean it strikes a fascinating balance that ive never personally seen executed quite this well. most under this genre tends to weigh either on the innocent or the mature side, or do somewhat of a switch in between. Id but naruto way to the edge of innocent and like attack on titan on mature. Demon slayer is balanced leaning more toward mature, while my hero academia is more toward innocent. not saying thats bad because really it depends on what the author wants. This series however strikes a good mid ground. I quite enjoy it, and i really recommend it to others who may be thinking about reading it!!

My theory is that nobimaru is actually kon's brother and he acts like he hates her bc she's the only one forgetting abt what happened to their mother and on top of that idolizing inari.

Fed-Kun's army
an edgy shonen with sexual violence tag ? thats a first.

is it recurrent or just a small event ? and is it on a main character ?

Fed-Kun's army
@daywithoutgames errr... Have you heard ayumu voices? He sounds like a girl (And look like one. LoL). His voice range's sooo wide. He could be that magical girl or volleyball maniac boy. Murase Ayumu was the best choice for Akira. Guess he will voiced the older brother too.

@migh ooh, you'll be surprised. (Since i did). Not the main chara, but someone important for the team. I mean...Yeah... Its big event that move the story,a lot of it but in subtle way. Just read it. No regrets.

Dex-chan lover
Friggin Inari's fox form...
I'm scared. But also aroused. Scaroused if you want.

Dex-chan lover
@migh : about the $exual violence , IIRC , it happens to at least 3 peoples , or maybe a dozen of peoples . some is showed on-screen , some is off-screen .

but anyway , this manga 's art is very good , its plot is also good . this manga is more better than some trashes from shonen jump aka shonen dump , like :

- one piece ... of fece , aka none piece .

- hungry marie .

- black clover .

- naruto aka narutard .

- boruto aka borutard .

- samurai 8 .

- assassin classroom , aka a$$ cla$$ .

- im from japan .

- hinomaru sumo .

- teenage renaissance .

- world trigger .

- haikyu .

- psi-nan .

- shokugeki soma .

- rurouni kenshin .

- bleach .

- gintama .

- sket dance .

- my ZERO academia .

- the promised neverland .

- nisekoi .

- death note .

Fed-Kun's army
Basically humans in this manga are cannon fodder and don't have any ability to protect themselves, they're just food for the Kemono.
Kemono are basically the only ones who have the right to live apparently and can go unpunished even if they hurt or kill humans.

So I binged this, and recent developments are awful. Spoilers up to chapter 44.

So apparently none of our cast bats an eye at any of this, our three boys know the whole business with the human farming and none of them, not even Shiki, seems to care in the slightest about the actual practices going on, who I would think would especially sympathize with mothers being abnormally pumped full of babies that are born exclusively for abhorrent exploitation.

(Admittedly the exact situation of the mothers is unclear, but I doubt that it is consensual or favorable for them.)

For (Most of them) being half human themselves, they sure have zero empathy towards humans.

They have more sympathy for that Oni man, whatever his name is, they care that he cares about the little girl, even call him a good person, but production hasn't ceased, nobody has said the child butchering is over, he's still responsible for terrible things, past and on-going.
But that's OK, as long as the Oni man is happy that his pet human can still see the sterile walls that cage her for the next few years or whatever until they harvest her.

Then they let Robara off with castration (That he can easily fix with his nonsense "Inexplicable even to the guy himself" glue powers, no?) and a promise to do no more harm. (Which he had made previously and then broke a very short while ago with Hinata, not for the first time. The gang might not be privy to that particular fact though.)
They have only just been introduced to this guy, who has displayed nothing but irredeemable actions and a lot of mental instability, zero reasons to trust him, and they're going to let him off completely free and untraceable.

Hinata was just an extension of Robara, even before she was physically attached to his chest.
The entirety of her character is that she's devoted her life to enabling him, her offhand mention of wanting to be a schoolteacher/good person is meaningless and a poor attempt at garnering sympathy, she chose the life she has, she lets Robara do whatever he wants, punching him and telling him not to murder people obviously was never going to work, and even without the murder there's still a lot of life ruining happening.
Her justification for his and her crimes is that her desires matter more than anyone else's.
"We live in a cruel world that won't accept being sadistically violated beyond comprehension by my boyfriend," she says, "My only wish is for a world that accepts being sadistically violated beyond comprehension by my boyfriend," she says, "I don't want to take lives, but am completely willing to do that and worse in order to achieve this dream." she says.
The best thing she's done for this story is die, she is a better character as a lifeless caricature weighing on Robara's mind. (And chest)

Also her sword is dumb.

Lastly, not wholly a recent development, but hiding the truth of the world from all humans means the humans are completely at the kemono's mercy (Of which they have very little), but everyone, including our gang whose job motto is "Mediation between the two worlds", seems to agree that keeping humans ignorant and defenseless is best.

Their excuse being "Oh those crazy racist/specieist humans, if they know about us they'll try and protect themselves from the horrible things we subject them to, such evil creatures they are!"

Their other excuse for eating humans is "That's the natural order, eat and be eaten, gotta eat to live, it's just how the food chain is", except none of them actually need to kill humans in order to live (Except for maybe ghouls, which nobody seems to actually know anything about despite how important they are) so that's all just plain bullshit, it's simply unnecessary predation of a conscious species.
Human meat is just a cruelty guaranteed luxury meal.

We haven't been explicitly told why there was a great war in the first place, but the reason is shaping up to be because the kemono are assholes that think themselves better than everyone else, especially the humans.

The overall conclusion made by the story and the characters in it seems to be that humans are just a resource, with no other worth, and should remain that way.
And we have just passed the point of no return on that, these last two volumes has been very definite on how that's the truth, this was the point where that idea should have been challenged or at least questioned or even thought about just a little tiny bit, but instead we're just moving on to go lift weights so we can punch the bad guy in the face and save the day! (But not for humans)

So basically the cast is behaving in ways that make them appear both very callous and very stupid.
The gang certainly have never been saints, but this is just nonsensical apathy towards things they ought to care about at least a little bit.

Just a few gripes of mine.

Dex-chan lover
I found this manga by a chance.. its a good series, i like the dynamic characters and stuff... worth to read

the description kinda turned me off for a while but i finally decided to read and it's really good.

Isn't it Kinda dumb that the Oni guy cares for that fat little girl when they're all being raised to be eaten? It's like loving a cow or a pig.

I also don't understand why they try to make us care for the kitsune, who appear to be so morally devoid that they should be genocided down to the very last one of them, except maybe the fart guy and the younger kitsune, who appears to have mental problems based on how she was raised and can probably be a decent member of the kemono society. Everyone else working for Inari (and Inari herself) needs to be erased from the planet.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Probably the best shounen I've read in a while.

Probably even better than alot of the mainstream shounen out there. It's very consistent and very interesting, there's great characters and their good respective character developments. My favourite is probably Nobimaru though.

And it's gonna get an Anime Adaptation! The current team working on it is pretty impressive, not to mention the seiyuus voicing the characters. Super excited on that note!

And about the opinions about mc squad's apathy towards the farm:
I don't understand why would anyone go against the people who are making the farm, they're probably some big shot kemonos since they found money to build that thing, and it's like the main source of food for the rich kemonos? I think Inugami was just being level headed and decided not to attack the factory since that would be a way too big problem for the mc squad

ch47
I'm glad Kabane is alright (mentally). He has such good friends by his side.
Nobimaru though...still an enigma.
Also. I wanted to return to Yashima, BUT NOT LIKE THAT.
the actual spoilers (fox side only)
Akagi and Kaede are acting on their own accord in order to rise from their lowly ranks to sousa tokka investigators again (bc they want their wishes granted) but oh it just so happens that Akagi's plan interferes with Inari-assigned-new-foxgirls’ mission, huh? (but instead it's Akagi&Kaede who burn Yashima and supposedly Nobimaru doesn't know about them). Nobimaru seems to be plotting something again (asks Inugami-tachi for help to 'hinder' the new foxgirl's mission).
Sadly Akagi&Kaede's actions will probably crash his plans lol.
About ch48 (comes out Nov 4th)
center colour is confirmed to be Kaede's naked ass.
Chapter's title is also related to Kaede.
So far we have:
Kabane still hasn't passed Inugami's trial (both Shiki and Akira successfully climbed the cliff and managed to attack Inugami)
Yashima is being burned by Kaede
I also assume the new fox characters (that are similar to Inari, but instead they're young girls, lol) appear in this chapter

Dex-chan lover
All those Kabane bodies are black comedy material.

Fed-Kun's army
The cursed tag in a shonen, don't really wanna start it

I'm so confused. Who's side is he on? He's awful when working against Kabane and co, but what's he doing now? Asking for help? Sure, Inugami's usually pretty chill, but you think he'd be a little worried. Is Nobimaru a spy? What the hell is going on?

Users who are viewing this thread