Kimi Dake ga Hontou - Ch. 10 - A Sprout of Evil/Opposite

Fed-Kun's army
The author has to make her crazy so that whatever Rikimaru and Kyou do is never worse than what she does.
Instead of making other characters better, the author is making her worse so that the actions of other characters are always better/correct by comparison, even if still shitty.
i don't think the author "has" to do anything, considering that from the very beginning she's been off; the author always wanted her true character to be exactly like this. And thinking about it logically, it would actually be more interesting if she weren't like this (since then most of the characters would be shitty, and that causes more tension) so imo this was planned and is going somewhere

Dex-chan lover
i don't think the author "has" to do anything, considering that from the very beginning she's been off; the author always wanted her true character to be exactly like this. And thinking about it logically, it would actually be more interesting if she weren't like this (since then most of the characters would be shitty, and that causes more tension) so imo this was planned and is going somewhere

You're right in the sense that the author doesn't "have" do do anything, but this is a decision taken for 1 of 2 reasons:
  • Lazyness. It's much easier to make 1 person worse for than 2/3 people better/more complex and work on that relationship
  • The drama you squeeze is what matters, not the characters, so character assassination/distortion/"revealing" the character has always been off is not a problem

Fed-Kun's army
XgMpFIm.gif

Dex-chan lover
It's been so long i haven't even read the chapter yet i just came to thank you for it 😭

Edit: I read it jesus FUCKING christ also what the fuck bruh these panic attacks waaay too real i forgot how intense this manga was jesus okay i need another month

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Jesus she's insane.

Worst part is I can see her and mc still getting together in the end. I simply can't see the author writing mc and the brother staying together.

I hope i'm wrong.

Dex-chan lover
The author has to make her crazy so that whatever Rikimaru and Kyou do is never worse than what she does.
Instead of making other characters better, the author is making her worse so that the actions of other characters are always better/correct by comparison, even if still shitty.
Exactly, all of Kyou underhand tactics will be seen as "not as bad" and "forgivable" no matter what they are because now his sister is "bat shit" crazy. Honestly, it's fine if the author wanted to turn the sister into the "antagonist" but turning her into a "Yandere" or whatever makes things just stupid.

But at the end of the day it works, the majority people here, without much thought, are giving Kyou their full support because of the way the author is portraying the sister without questioning that maybe, possibly, neither Kyou or the sister deserve to be with Rikimaru.

Dex-chan lover
Exactly, all of Kyou underhand tactics will be seen as "not as bad" and "forgivable" no matter what they are because now his sister is "bat shit" crazy. Honestly, it's fine if the author wanted to turn the sister into the "antagonist" but turning her into a "Yandere" or whatever makes things just stupid.

But at the end of the day it works, the majority people here, without much thought, are giving Kyou their full support because of the way the author is portraying the sister without questioning that maybe, possibly, neither Kyou or the sister deserve to be with Rikimaru.
I mean, isn't a lot of the stuff Kyou did because she intentionally stole him away in the first place because she knew Kyou liked him? Like, from his perspective he's just fighting for the person he loves against someone who is only dating them to hurt Kyou. Like, that's kinda the whole premise, she hates Kyou, and wants him to suffer, so she dated Rikimaru just to fuck with him. With that in mind, yeah, pretty much everything Kyou did is fair game imo. She was always the antagonist, this is how story reveals work.

Fed-Kun's army
I mean, isn't a lot of the stuff Kyou did because she intentionally stole him away in the first place because she knew Kyou liked him? Like, from his perspective he's just fighting for the person he loves against someone who is only dating them to hurt Kyou. Like, that's kinda the whole premise, she hates Kyou, and wants him to suffer, so she dated Rikimaru just to fuck with him. With that in mind, yeah, pretty much everything Kyou did is fair game imo. She was always the antagonist, this is how story reveals work.
It also seems like Kagami is the reason Kyou even stopped going to school in the first place (possibly outing him?) so the story from now just feels like the author is slowly revealing what they had originally planned: an explanation for Kyou's seemingly unlikable behavior in the beginning.
Like Kagami herself said, the story seems less about competing for Rikimaru and more about the twins themselves.

Dex-chan lover
It also seems like Kagami is the reason Kyou even stopped going to school in the first place (possibly outing him?) so the story from now just feels like the author is slowly revealing what they had originally planned: an explanation for Kyou's seemingly unlikable behavior in the beginning.
Like Kagami herself said, the story seems less about competing for Rikimaru and more about the twins themselves.
Absolutely, for Kagami at least, it's definitely just about her and Kyou, Rikimaru is just a tool to do what she wants to her. For Kyou though it's probably a combination of feeling like he has to make amends with his sister for whatever reason, and trying to protect Rikimaru and also fulfill his love. So yeah, his motivations are complex, hers are pretty simple, just basically revenge and hate. Not an uncommon feeling between some siblings.

Dex-chan lover
NOOOO, DON'T RUIN HER WOMB!! :qq:
53720143266_ee46ec002a_o_d.png

Now, if you read my previous comment, you might be wondering why I'm still reading this even though I said I'm dropping the series. Well, that's because I've changed my objective. I originally came here to read a wholesome gay crossdressing manga, but now I just want to see Riki suffer, hahaha. I love Kagami so much I want to have children with her. So please don't kick her womb like that.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread