The Summer You Were There - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - Drowning in a Rain Shower

Dex-chan lover
"I don’t understand Asaka-san"

And we do not understand you, my girl. You need to speak properly.
I wonder what was the consequence of the "bully", it wasn’t clear. If it was just a "oh, she felt offended and cried", that would be pretty dumb and anti-climatic.

depending on the next few chapters this series might be really good and heartbreaking or really bad. Either way I appreciate the translators efforts. It looked really clean and all around amazing

Dex-chan lover
i somehow kinda understand how Shizuku feels....

the feeling of if someone find out your dark past, and all you can think is to running away....
i feel sorry for her, all she need now is to accept her own mistake and try to move on

"The first and last summer we spent together"

Now I don't think, imo, that this event right here has anything to do with it. Actually I think it has to do with Kaori side of things why this will be their 'last' summer. Hopefully tho, it will have a good end cuz this is good shit.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I thought her past would be darker. I mean, don't get me wrong, bullying is a terrible thing and can mess people up for years, maybe even the rest of their lives. But... calling yourself a horrible human being for bullying in the 5th grade is a bit harsh. It's 5th grade, humans aren't all the way cooked in 5th grade so we do stupid stuff.

But yeah, not really a complaint, just was expecting something way worse

Dex-chan lover
I saw someone suggest that Kaori might have cancer so she knows she's dying soon (like something out of Your Lie in April), but there's no drama or tragedy tags so I'm still hoping for the best...

So many red flags yet I'm still clinging to hope that it's just the author intentionally misleading us

Users who are viewing this thread