Kimi wa, Nina Janai - Ch. 10 - Come with me

Dex-chan lover
Howdy y'all, Kiwi here!

So you might have seen the little thing I wrote on the credit page. I should be clear right off the bat I WILL NOT BE DROPPING THIS OR MY OTHER SERIES. I was reminded that aggregators existed, and after seeing someone begging for chapters I knew I had to play a little prank on them. There's a good chance I'll swap the credit page as soon as the aggregator rips the scan from Mangadex so as not to confuse future readers.

In fact, rather than a slower frequency or none at all, you can expect a greater number of releases for this series in the coming month-ish as I try to catch up to the raws (chapter 34 as of right now). I actually already have the translation done for chapter 11, and I'm going to start work on the cleaning and typesetting process in the next few days.

Will this little experiment of mine actually have the result I want? No, probably not, but I felt like being a bit evil today.
Top Sneaky

Dex-chan lover
Wouldn't have been surprised, if it were dropped for that guy~ He's giving major creep vibes.. like the kind that at somepoint would sexually assault her saying 'Only I deserve you', yes that's oddly specific, but let's be real is there any other way to see him eh <_<

Dex-chan lover
Howdy y'all, Kiwi here!

So you might have seen the little thing I wrote on the credit page. I should be clear right off the bat I WILL NOT BE DROPPING THIS OR MY OTHER SERIES. I was reminded that aggregators existed, and after seeing someone begging for chapters I knew I had to play a little prank on them. There's a good chance I'll swap the credit page as soon as the aggregator rips the scan from Mangadex so as not to confuse future readers.

In fact, rather than a slower frequency or none at all, you can expect a greater number of releases for this series in the coming month-ish as I try to catch up to the raws (chapter 34 as of right now). I actually already have the translation done for chapter 11, and I'm going to start work on the cleaning and typesetting process in the next few days.

Will this little experiment of mine actually have the result I want? No, probably not, but I felt like being a bit evil today.
You evil genius :meguusmug:

Howdy y'all, Kiwi here!

Truly a capital jape you have pulled off. Simply capital.

I'll say about what I came here to say before I realized I got punk'd:
I really appreciate the time and effort you (and other SLs) put into this hobby. Release at a pace that is sustainable for you.

Dex-chan lover
Howdy y'all, Kiwi here!

Lmaooo

Dex-chan lover
Where to begin, a lot to unpack.
Howdy y'all, Kiwi here!

Where to begin, a lot to unpack.
Firstly, thrilled your excellent contributions will continue.
Hopefully you've recovered from your illness.

Thus far, for myself anyway, this one has been enjoyable. Its relatively lighthearted, makes effective use of cliches (possessive cowardly CF, young/old, "savior" tropes in both directions, etc.) and I do enjoy the fact that Miyaki constantly worries about the consequences of interacting with a minor, which you often see temporarily in similar storylines, but it's usually "forgotten" in many until specifically needed for an arc.

I could go on about more, but this is long enough.

As ever, thank you for scanlating, and it will be interesting to see what happens with your ploy.

Dex-chan lover
She called him just to test how she feels. ok. He may not deserve her love but damn he got absolutely no respect either, what a toxic girl.

Supporter
man fuck that little prick. such a jackass all the time
Honestly the childhood friend gives me major "nice guy" vibes.

He's "always been there", so he "deserves" her love.
I'll leave the option open, but I'm not entirely convinced just yet. They've known each other for, let's say, over 10 years at this point -- then compare to Ao that she first met in person like, half a week ago.

They both also have home lives that have complications (although exact details haven't been given yet) that they've used each other to get through.

So do try to put yourself in his shoes when Nina has a problem that involves something she's never even talked about before, and without even saying a word to you accepts help from a Literally Who of a person.

Group Leader
I'll leave the option open, but I'm not entirely convinced just yet. They've known each other for, let's say, over 10 years at this point -- then compare to Ao that she first met in person like, half a week ago.

They both also have home lives that have complications (although exact details haven't been given yet) that they've used each other to get through.

So do try to put yourself in his shoes when Nina has a problem that involves something she's never even talked about before, and without even saying a word to you accepts help from a Literally Who of a person.
Actually, that's a good point I hadn't even considered before. I'd mostly forgotten that Mei-kun has his own struggles in his home life.
Personally, while I'm not sold either way, but I don't think the impression you were supposed to get was "I deserve her love" it's more I think "how did I let her pass me by" kinda vibes.
I think his character is a bit more nuanced than we've had time to see yet, and hopefully, we'll get to see more of him and his actual thoughts and reasonings, because so far this is the only chapter where I've really felt anything aside from "yeah I mean his concern is valid his way of going about confronting it is not."

Dex-chan lover

I’ll admit, I was kind of quick to hate the guy. But he does seem somewhat forceful. Maybe she just doesn’t want to tell you this or something?

Dex-chan lover

my opinion stemmed primarily from this chapter. Him being concerned for his childhood friend and worried about her being around an adult stranger is 100% being a good person and good friend. But his "ive always been here" comment with his gritted teeth gave me a "she should have picked me because im here and ive confessed 5 times so she knows how i feel!"

Supporter
Actually, that's a good point I hadn't even considered before. I'd mostly forgotten that Mei-kun has his own struggles in his home life.
Personally, while I'm not sold either way, but I don't think the impression you were supposed to get was "I deserve her love" it's more I think "how did I let her pass me by" kinda vibes.
I think his character is a bit more nuanced than we've had time to see yet, and hopefully, we'll get to see more of him and his actual thoughts and reasonings, because so far this is the only chapter where I've really felt anything aside from "yeah I mean his concern is valid his way of going about confronting it is not."
I’ll admit, I was kind of quick to hate the guy. But he does seem somewhat forceful. Maybe she just doesn’t want to tell you this or something?
my opinion stemmed primarily from this chapter. Him being concerned for his childhood friend and worried about her being around an adult stranger is 100% being a good person and good friend. But his "ive always been here" comment with his gritted teeth gave me a "she should have picked me because im here and ive confessed 5 times so she knows how i feel!"
All good points. To make a far less lengthy post than my first:

I would say for the couple of times we've met him it's clear that while he does not personally like or trust Ao, he does appear to trust Nina's judgment enough to walk away from the situation; even if it's begrudgingly.

Dex-chan lover
Howdy y'all, Kiwi here!

Hopefully someone else will pick it up then, as you dropped it straight at a cliffhanger :pout:
Also, skip credit pages habitually, so good thing you posted that, or I wouldn't have known to go back into chapter and read it, and not known it was dropped.

Dex-chan lover
coming straight into this comment without any context on what you are debating, but just want to say that tbf, she should have come to him. Not been sitting in parks waiting to be predated on, or rooming with arguably the most deranged fan she probably has.

Group Leader
Hopefully someone else will pick it up then, as you dropped it straight at a cliffhanger :pout:
Also, skip credit pages habitually, so good thing you posted that, or I wouldn't have known to go back into chapter and read it, and not known it was dropped.
To be honest I hoped the giant bold text would dispel anyone who got the wrong idea. Oh well, new chapters soon I guess

This has gotta be a troll, right?

Users who are viewing this thread