Kimi wa, Nina Janai - Ch. 24 - So please, answer me properly

Dex-chan lover
The problem is mc won’t do anything and will go to the fireworks with the ex(maybe now fiancé) and Nina will magically see them and run into that guy friend that’s obsessed with her

Dex-chan lover
inb4 MC acts like a fucking doormat just to drag out actual story progress

Supporter
Legit she is the most selfish piece of trash.
Only because I've been subjecting myself to several recent WNs where the ex is so toxic that she drives the ML to attempt or even commit suicide do I say she's not the "most" anything. But that's only by way of comparison, not an objective statement.

yo bro thabk
Howdy y'all, Kiwi here

I think we might be back on track now. Though I guess I can't really say that until I get the next chapter of Ballpark and Nina at least partially started. KimiKanji has been eating a lot of my scanlation time, but I think I have a little bit before I need to start on the next chapter.

I won't use this as a place to recruit, but I will use it to plug the discord (https://discord.com/invite/Yp8EH5P9GR.)

Now for my opinion nobody asked for... uhh shoot, it's been so long since I actually like... TL'd these I barely remember what happens. Uhh Nagi's a bitch, and uhhh the next two chapters are going to be good. Man, that is kinda the most generic opinion ever. Oh well

yo bro thanks for your hard work, and i trust what u said abt the next 2 chapters being good

Dex-chan lover
Just say no, you're no getting married and she cheat on you with a company higher up and ruined your career

But this being a manga we gonna have a whole volume now of this shit and the author will rush the last volume to tie everything together.

Dex-chan lover
O for fks sake this .........deep breath
I wana kill her so bad

Dex-chan lover
Let's not dog-pile the guy just yet; he DID very straightforwardly tell her he has no plans to be in a relationship together. For the current situation, it seems like he thought the point was to give her parents closure. That's a pretty respectable thing to do if he was well-liked by them.

It's what he does next chapter or two that will show if he's a pushover or not.
I've seen no reason to be mad at him. Going to meet the parents of your ex-fiancee to explain that you're not getting married is the responsible thing to do.
That she'd lie is very vile, taking advantage of the trust and good faith that both her parents and he put in her.

Dex-chan lover
MC must be mentally handicapped right? Surely?

Or did I miss something as to why he's going along with her

Dex-chan lover
This Filthy Human Piece of Waste! Hang the litch! Chop of her head, dice her into a million pieces, boil them, and then feed it to a dog.

Dex-chan lover
It's just a dumb joke about what a big deal lots of manga make over hand-holding. You're talking like people actually believe that it's lewd.
It's been going on for literally years......it blows my mind how long people will drag on an unfunny joke

Dex-chan lover
MC must be mentally handicapped right? Surely?

Or did I miss something as to why he's going along with her
Yes
He was engaged to this lady. She then cheated on him and flipped it around on him by getting to people first and convincing them he did it to her, and it ruined him socially and in his work environment. For very good reasons, they are no longer engaged.

However, he never told her parents that they broke it off, and certainly never told them why. Engagement is a serious matter that involves a lot of planning and family involvement; they weren't just dating, they were planning on marrying. When she asked him to go talk to her parents to tell them the wedding was off, it was the adult and responsible thing to do, because they both need to and deserve to know that, especially if wedding planning had started.

But, since she's an antagonist here, she lied to her parents about what the meeting was, putting him in a terrible spot where he is forced to not only contradict her in front of her parents about the whole status of the thing, but is now also fighting an uphill battle to explain why they broke it off. Cause now he's going to be contradicting their daughter several times in front of them. Factually, he's got a really good case: her lies create a foundation of doubt. But emotionally they may really not want to hear it, and he also has a real weak spot with the whole Nina thing. Breaking off an engagement and then shacking up with a high schooler is not a good look, even if we all know the whole story.

Dex-chan lover
It's been going on for literally years......it blows my mind how long people will drag on an unfunny joke
Humour is subjective. Just because you don't find it funny it doesn't mean that nobody thinks it's funny. Unless you were anointed Grand Arbiter of What's Funny and I wasn't aware of it. In which case I'll need to see a badge of some paperwork or something.

Users who are viewing this thread