Kingdom - Vol. 57 Ch. 623 - To Serve as an Example

Dex-chan lover
Christ, will you all shut up. Path = Dao. Houken is a Daoseeker. Fucker's a cultivator. Did you all forget that despite this being a manga, it's set in China?

You want suffering and conflict to stop.
Then you go ahead and cause conflict and so much suffering.

wth houken
I really, really hate this guy.

Dex-chan lover
wow so riboku has literally never done anything but have houken bail his ass out over and over and over huh. can houken please just die and leave the manga already fuck.

Dex-chan lover
When all these irrelevant backstory was all said and done in the instance the MC blocked the tentacle hair guy. These people talk in lightspeed.

Dex-chan lover
Could everybody just calm down already? The author himself said in this chapter through Riboku and Kaine that Houken's actions and thoughts are all ridiculous and incomprehensible, and they are meant to be like that. That is the whole setting and it won't just disappear into thin air. The author simply finally decided to emphasize the fantasy side of this novel. It may even be said that Kingdom is a manga in Wuxia genre.
Also those 'pathseekers' are kind of right. The way for the wars to end is for people like Shin, Ei Sei, Kyoukai, Karyo Ten, Mouten and Ou Hon to emerge and unite all of China.

@Pocky8
You want suffering and conflict to stop.
Then you go ahead and cause conflict and so much suffering

Well , Sei wants to stop the conflict in china so he goes and start a war, that's just how things are

The manga jumped the shark some time ago. This is suppose to be the most epic war in Qin's unification. I'll read again after it's done. I'm just waiting for Kanki.

So houken is a daoist cultivator? I can accept that but still, it's sound like bullshit plotarmor.

IIRC, In Shiji, Qin Shi Huang, that is, future Sei, spent his later life in searching for Immortality, one of the thing he did is searching for Penglai, the island of Immortals, so having a Daoist in this manga is not that strange at all

Alright Houken is not just a Random schmuck that came out of the Forest, he's actually a Random RELIGIOUS schmuck that came from the Forest great! Now please die so we can continue with actual cool and interesting things.

houken and the monster mash are spot on, the path to peace was eventually lead by superhumans like the main cast

its very fantastical, but it's meant to show how utterly ridiculous the Shin et al. have become. Houken doing his thing lead to Shin and the rest growing into ascended people capable of uniting China. Again, very fantasy but don't forget, our little emperor is eventually going to go hunting for an elixir of immorality

I'll take it, as long as Houken dies ASAP plz

Dex-chan lover
It was kind of interesting maybe but not particularly interesting enough to not make this chapter a snooze fest. If he had this exposition from the second or so time he appeared it would have been better. But for riboku to just sit down and explain this now in the middle of battle not only makes this silly but hardly anyone cares and just cements for us houken’s death thus making the next few events more predictable than usual.

Yeah I would have cried there too but it'll be because of massive cringe not enlightenment.

Users who are viewing this thread