Kingdom - Vol. 58 Ch. 628 - Embers Of Life

Fed-Kun's army
Shin has plot armor since the 1st chapter when they show him as a Great General commanding thousand of troops
He is obviously not dead

Dex-chan lover
this fake death makes no sense
we know Shin is the general who invades Chu
and before somebody says something about the manga version of the history: The very first chapter shows Shin leading the army as general, with his helmet which already has been shown time and time again on the character sheets

so this is truly irrelevant

Man I sure got scared when the Chapter started with a fking Flashback. I thought we're gonna get like 3 chapters of shitstain Houkens backstory or some shit lol.

Dex-chan lover
Him appearing dead is not for us, you absolute cretins. He just fought an unimaginable battle against the strongest martial adept, AFTER already fighting a war on an empty stomach for too long. His body is tattered in pieces, and he was only fighting purely on willpower.

If he was anything but hovering on the verge of death right now I'd call him OP. To the people around him he looks straight up fucking dead. WE know he isn't, they don't.

Dex-chan lover
Da hell's with that useless flashback.

Oh wait, Shin fake death. Don't tell me, he'll meet ghost Houken, then Houken suddenly having healing parents, decided to heal Shin...

Aggregator gang
it would be a cool move to kill off Shin and continue the story without him. but I doubt author has the balls for it.

Dex-chan lover
@Kayriel lol dude, the manga is for the readers, the characters aren't actually alive
he just wasted a whole chapter on almost nothing, if it wasn't for the Houken flashback, this chapter could have been 10 blank pages

Dex-chan lover
@havelmom

... You realize we're reading about them dealing with issues from their perspective, not ours, right? Because that's what I was saying. You apparently didn't catch that.

Why are the comment sections on this manga consistently fucking dogshit. I hate all of you.

@SeerSap lmfao it's the same on the subreddit. Some wants it realistic, stick to the history Seinen. Some wants these flashy shounen-esque fights.

"for anyone think the protagonist is dead, I have some magic beans to sell to you"

- stolen from reddit

Dear author, I woul've prefered that you build Houken character way earlier if you wanted me to care or respect for this character.
But you didn't and turned him into a meme with Riboku :(

Shin collapse would probably force him to get some rest and needs it same for his men after that long fight without food.

Users who are viewing this thread