Kissmanga has kissed goodbye to their servers: Refugees welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
an offshoot cult keeps trying to summon you for some reason
Dammit, i arrive to read some comments and you give me another manga, @justforthelulz. Now i have to leave this thread and read it >_<

@gepati7594
depends, soon as in tomorrow or SoonTM? Just kidding, this site ain't going anywhere.

Contributor
@Richman
Dammit, I arrive to read some comments and you give me another manga
Consciously choosing to read comments about KM's long overdue demise instead of manga?

PracticalGrippingCanine-size_restricted.gif

Staff
Super Moderator
@justforthelulz
Bro, this moment is a comet passing, once we assimilate all of the KM users we can, everything will return to normal, so i want to experience it in real time. (It's not like there haven't been any updates i haven't read or new titles that look interesting or anything...baka)

Dex-chan lover
@ShadowFax92 Any news on when the new servers can come in? SEA is as slow as ever and some mangas are unreadable
What do you mean?
Anyone can purchase a dedicated server in the SEA region to run MangaDex@Home.
I checked the prices for Singapore and it looks around $10~$15 per month.
Are you looking for recommendations? 🙂 If so, you should try asking on the discord.

MD@Home
It appears that kissmanga was using a google server thats why they went down.

Japan will shut down them in october and finally ban them in 2021. I wonder if mangadex will survive from this. I do really hope i could still read manga in 2021.

Will mangadex survive in 2021, please tell me you will, the anxiety really could kill me..

@Plykiya

Hello there, you never asked us in regards is that will Mangadex still be still here after the new law is being implemented. Just wanting to know though.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Komaru Japanese laws only affect Japanese people lol
Would be insane if any country could go and arrest people in other countries for breaking laws that weren't theirs. Of course there's some cooperation at times between countries, but this ain't it

Power Uploader
@Plykiya Cough Cough China and their "expanded" edict or something

@gepati7594 When donations run out, since MD runs solely on community donation, which has been made slightly more difficult (bitcoin-only and no easy direct way to send support).

Staff
Super Moderator
When donations run out, since MD runs solely on community donation, which has been made slightly more difficult (bitcoin-only and no easy direct way to send support).
What if i go to holo's house and hand them a bar of gold? no good?

Contributor
@Yatsuki Yeah, whatever their reason, was totally unreasonable.
MD ia safe Haven, they haven't ban anyone(except rules violator) or impose Large scale advertise(except 1st April).
Question, Are you butthurt? Answer : yes I am.

Aggregator gang
Are you guys sure about not going down on the long run? Unlike mangarock who voluntarily gave up relying on piracy and affiliated with comic industry for support, kissmanga was evidently taken down by Japan's new copyright policy in action. By 2021 January 1 it will
Be executed once passed. Ugh firstly the Japanese animation industry should bring up an affordable platform with advanced features and almost every possible completed & ongoing anime series, In addition certain region locks are absolutely unacceptable. Then I'm willing to subscribe for a premium account. Unlike crounchyroll& funmation, my subscription for a premium account over there is just decoy lol.

I just came here to pray that mangadex won't be lost.
😭😭😭😭😭🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏💔💔💔💔💔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread