Kissmanga has kissed goodbye to their servers: Refugees welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double-page supporter

Welcome to the MangaDex Zone!​

And here's the most important tip for the new users:
smile
g7RddIM.gif

stop abusing spoiler tags to hide links - mod

Refugee from kissmanga, loosing out on a ton of manga now that I have to refind them all >.<
Not surprised that kissmanga decided to just quit though, they where always pressing that anti adblocker so hard
Anyway I hope this site is better than the last

Dex-chan lover
You weren't the best, but damn if you didn't have a large selection of stuff to watch and read. Welcome to the next best thing, new blood.

@tralxus @Archytus

No actually.

Correct me if I'm wrong but based on Reddit and Tachiyomi discord, I come down to this

First. The thing happens to kissanime and kissmanga is because of the host the image server on Blogspot which is own by google and have no encryption. Google drive is find because it was encrypted, that why most gaming sites are using google drive. Base on what I found out on Reddit and Discord, Google just receive a DMCA takedown notice and just nuke the image archive.

Second. No, it is NOT because of the new japan sticker law, it happens because they don't change server when they got popular and was playing the short game. They didn't even create a back up of the archive. Yes, the japan law will be stricker but if you're not in Japan, then you don't really have to worries. This is the internet, after all, it almost impossible to reduce piracy if the need and crave of the people are not meet. Shitty service and region block create piracy.

I know this is worrying to many people and I been through it 2 months ago when I heard of the stricker copyright law of Japan, but after some searching on the internet leave me to believe that thing will be find. Kissanime and Kissmanga was doom to fail years ago and it a miracle that it have survied for this long

The failure of those heroes would be a priceless lesson for the next. I believe MD already covered the server problem

Can someone recommend a good free anime streaming like Kissanime? Or maybe 'Anidex' is on the making?

I really liked Kissanime but turns out there were some alright alternatives like 9anime right under my nose! the site did have a major impact on my childhood though so I'll miss it. Kissmanga though? good riddance to that.

By the way, Japan government are already implemented new laws for the reform for the anime and manga industry... Idk what exactly date but it will start implement new laws on year 2021... Just what I saw on the social media just check with you're own social media to know the guidelines about the new law for the anime and manga

Dex-chan lover
so the IP banning shithole finally shut down, good, it lasted far longer than i thought it would. i used to use it years ago but then they went insane and started IP banning anyone who used adblock so you can't even access the site anymore.

Refugee here and when I saw this happening, I was prepared for this.

I already knew Mangadex is a better manga site but I stick way too long with Kissmanga because it felt like there was no reason yet for me to move but now with this happening, this was when the move have to be done.

The last days of Kissmanga was slightly annoying because of the "Prove you're a human" portions after reading 2-4 chapters.

Anyways now with KM dead, time to set my manga list here.

s1

It's a good thing MangaDex has M@H already running before all these happened. Imagine the downtime when all these users move over

Group Leader
I always went to kissmanga for comment section while reading at mangadex so hope now we get a lot more comments. Maybe even implement Disqus to get more peopel active in comment section.

mangarock has been shut down and now kissmanga. i wish mangadex will not be shut down. all my save list are on this site

Dex-chan lover
Any plans/considerations regarding Japan's upcoming revised copyright law? Or is that law applies only in Japan's jurisdiction and not those outside?

Dex-chan lover
Oh hi there welcome my slower webpage response time didnt expected you would come again this soon wow XD

Double-page supporter
dang.

as an MR refugee i can confirm that you will not be disappointed by dex-chan

happy reading. :)

also didn't mangadex have a campaign against kissmanga from way back when?

Dex-chan lover
Oh that explains the loading errors. Welcome new peeps! We have hidden gems to offer anyone who asks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread