Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House

Not going to comment on that because I think Suu/Kiyo are adorable as heck, romantic or platonic.

Kenta/Kiyo would be great if Kiyo stops putting him second. Kenta/Suu would be not my first choice, but I would still accept it if only to stop dancing on the issue.

Best option is clearly Kenta/Kiyo/Suu OT3.

Getting more childhood flashbacks lately, I wonder if they’ll eventually show why Suu wanted to be a maiko.

Nooooo what happened with our precious Kenta?! WE NEED TO KNOW!!!
Anyway, thank you translators for the update! ♥

Oh god.
oh God why does it sound like something fucking TERRIBLE happened to Kenta??? I swear to God if they killed him off I'm gonna throw my phone I JUST WANTED LIGHT HEARTED FOOD STUFF NOT THESE FEELS
WHAT HAPPENED I'M GOING TO LOSE MY SHIT

Thank you scanlators team~! Good work, have a good break! Man the latest chapter just tear me up ( TT nTT)

I get Kiyo takes everything in stride, but her reaction to
what happened to kenta
was still like... kind of dismissive?

Dex-chan lover
The translation team said they would take a week off. It's been two week and I miss them and this manga 😭 I hope everything is fine for you guys.

Not to insult her or anything, but does Kiyo think about anything that isn't kitchen or Suu-chan related? Like, at all? I feel like the only reason she even went to Kyoto was to follow Sumire, she didn't seem that motivated. It's nice to be happy with the simple things in your life, but somehow I doubt she's even thought about her future. Unless she plans to cook for the maiko/geiko for life, which hey, it's her choice. I'm just waiting for the chapter where she actually says what she wants/plans.

Everybody talking about love triangles and the girl future prospects and here I am waiting for my dose of quiet geisha manor life manga.

Dex-chan lover
Couldn't stop reading, but my warped mind kept seeing death flags, i'm thankful there isn't a tragedy tag on this manga.

Cal

I like this slice of life quite a lot. I cannot relate to any of these kids, but, they're all doing their best and that's somehow inspirational. While this story could be set anywhere, I especially like the hanamachi setting and that it gives young people a positive impression. I want to see this culture continue.

@Satsuki-san ikr, I'm also curious too. She's a bit like grandma, I've read up to c65 but I still don't know/notice her hobby beside cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the housemate (especially Sumire). Being meiko and geiko is a life/job goal, and those training are their focus beside cleaning the house... similar to athlete or dancer/ballerina; but seeing how that's what Kiyo does almost every single day while she's 16 and still growing up is.. [(^^)" I don't know what the exact word to use]

Users who are viewing this thread