Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - Vol. 10 Ch. 93 - Azad and Georgie 2

Contributor
Are they going to start an interworld immigration service at this rate?

I still think Azad should have died in despair for the shit he pulled. He got off to easy and doesn't deserve a happy ending.

Kinda dig that they're giving Azad a shot at redeeming himself. ESPECIALLY after he unambiguously did harm, not just was antagonistic but actually did real tangible harm, harm we got to see, that hit people we as readers care about and....Yeah, even this massive douche canoe can be better, given both the opportunity to do so, but critically as well a desire to actually improve.

Like right now I'd argue he's not actually at the desire to improve part. Doesn't even seem to care about the harm he did, but he's tangibly changing I think, so it's just a matter of time before he takes that part of the step.

Dex-chan lover
yeah, Koba is nothing more nothing less

4ye9RA3.png

Dex-chan lover
everyone shitting on azad for fucking with the dragons, but from his perspective dragons are all universally terrible and responsible for countless atrocities. it'd be kind of weird for him to feel bad about fucking with them.

that said, since we (the readers) are obviously on the side of the dragons, he's a villain. on his side, he's trying to get fully justified revenge.

we get to watch his world view start to expand, and we start to see the potential he could have had as an ally.

he should be wary of takiya not really on his own merits, but if azad fucks up and something happens to takiya, fafnir will be mad. probably not as bad as lucoa is shouta got hurt tho.

Dex-chan lover
@lemuel

I get that point, but I'm not saying that Azad should necessarily not be redeemed; I'm saying that, were I in the position of Kobayashi's circle, I'd want no part of him.

On the one hand, while I don't think that we should give a privileged moral status to our kith or to our kin, we have a chosen association to the former and typically to the latter, and we're allowed to feel more aggrieved by injuries to them than to strangers, and even to take action on behalf of an associate that we would not trouble to take on behalf of another.

On the other hand, my response is informed by the variety of the cruelty. An oblivious destruction of creatures whose personality one does not recognize is different from a willful mutilation of a creature whose personality one does perceive.

@lemuel

Yes. But we understand that here on the forum there are a lot of people who always want the villain to be punished without seeing his side.

There is no good and evil, only a chain of revenge. Blame the gods if you want a real villain.

Dex-chan lover
I was hoping Azad would get forced to wear butler clothes... but alas, I can still hope for that event in furure chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@charkan not everyone realizes few are born evil, some become bad not by choice and most are bad for personal gain

It's only a matter of time before she has him all dressed and ready to serve as a butler by her side

Aggregator gang
Azad has clearly messed up and not realized Georgie is the one he should be worried about. She's going to kidnap him and keep him in her basement to train into a butler.

Users who are viewing this thread