Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - Vol. 15 Ch. 141.6 - This Guy Is Not From Another World (Second Half)

Dex-chan lover
The king gets to help everyone leave, and he even gets a cute samurai queencubine. This dude was a chad and it sucks this was a random oneshot that was (probably?) entirely unrelated to Maid Dragon.
not exactly? There are some implications with the characters in this side story, particularly that dragon with only one horn. Tip, you've seen her before, and she's been relevant to the main plot in the past

Dex-chan lover
not exactly? There are some implications with the characters in this side story, particularly that dragon with only one horn. Tip, you've seen her before, and she's been relevant to the main plot in the past
Building on what you've said, I think "Kiyama" is one of Kobayashi's recent ancestors. The power he(?) got might've not all been lost on going home and got passed down to Kobayashi, who might even be named after the King's fake name as a tribute to a long lost friend. I'm not sure if it's been stated exactly what year Dragon Maid takes place, but being a Sentai fan they could've been grabbed from the late 80s to early 90s, right?

edit: More thoughts just after I hit post, but this could also foreshadow how this tournament arc gets resolved, with Kobayashi's upset victory being the absolute silliest possible outcome for the gods' entertainment. Also, I think this cements the Chaos faction as the closest to being morally correct as we now have proof that the gods think treating humans as toys is fun.

Group Leader
Building on what you've said, I think "Kiyama" is one of Kobayashi's recent ancestors. The power he(?) got might've not all been lost on going home and got passed down to Kobayashi, who might even be named after the King's fake name as a tribute to a long lost friend. I'm not sure if it's been stated exactly what year Dragon Maid takes place, but being a Sentai fan they could've been grabbed from the late 80s to early 90s, right?

edit: More thoughts just after I hit post, but this could also foreshadow how this tournament arc gets resolved, with Kobayashi's upset victory being the absolute silliest possible outcome for the gods' entertainment. Also, I think this cements the Chaos faction as the closest to being morally correct as we now have proof that the gods think treating humans as toys is fun.
Dragon Maid is supposed to be occuring in the present time, so there is a good chance that the kid is Kobayashi's Dad (or androgynous Mom).

Dex-chan lover
Dragon Maid is supposed to be occuring in the present time, so there is a good chance that the kid is Kobayashi's Dad (or androgynous Mom).
not necessarily. I mean they showed a younger Telne and imply that besides the passage of time likely being different between the worlds, the 'heroes' could be pulled from many different time periods by the gods for their amusement. So it just as easily could be that the kid was pulled from a point in time beyond the one the main story is currently taking place in? Would probably be easier to speculate about it if the kid's real name was shown, who knows

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Telne made an appearance!

Also surprisingly wholesome considering the author. :ROFLMAO:

Finally, considering Telne was there this is the same world and we get to see an example of the capriciousness of the gods there and probably why the chaos dragons don’t like them.
As in the gods make problems and solutions in the world involving lives of many for their entertainment.

Dex-chan lover
At first I was like 'hey those eelssea serpents look like Elma', then the big one got its horn cut off.
That's Telne isn't it, so this is like set in some far past or something.

Users who are viewing this thread