Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - Vol. 15 Ch. 141.6 - This Guy Is Not From Another World (Second Half)

Dex-chan lover
Obayashi would later realize the "Goddess" was actually Loki.

vzr0knAA_o.png

Dex-chan lover
For a second there I thought Obayashi was actually going to go to earth and end up being Kobayashi's ancestor.

Dex-chan lover
Ooh, we'll see pretty soon if this is just a "random" side story.

If Kobayashi is a descendant from "Obayashi" that is now blessed by the gods, and (gasp) an actual Japanese woman... and we all know that people and monster otherworlders regularly visit Earth.

And that water dragon? Whoooo could that possibly be I wonder hmmm.

I also like that the author shits on the "kick out the 'useless' party member" genre. There's been way too many of those (and there's only one that's actually good IMO), not to mention the tons of shitty isekai in general.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I bet Kiyama is an ancestor of shota wizard.
Still, I like how wholesome this oneshot was. The king deciphering wishes of gods and promising to be "entertaining" for the sake of victory was impressive.
And I like how Cool-sensei draws a subtle comparison between "god" and readers. The moment I thought "damn, I want them to win and have a happy end" the king got imba sword and saved the day.

Group Leader
Building on what you've said, I think "Kiyama" is one of Kobayashi's recent ancestors. The power he(?) got might've not all been lost on going home and got passed down to Kobayashi, who might even be named after the King's fake name as a tribute to a long lost friend. I'm not sure if it's been stated exactly what year Dragon Maid takes place, but being a Sentai fan they could've been grabbed from the late 80s to early 90s, right?
DM i set in the present, on in 2013-14 if we consider the present of chapter 1.
Sentais born in late '70, you know.
...isn't Kobayashi the surname?

Building on what you've said, I think "Kiyama" is one of Kobayashi's recent ancestors. The power he(?) got might've not all been lost on going home and got passed down to Kobayashi, who might even be named after the King's fake name as a tribute to a long lost friend. I'm not sure if it's been stated exactly what year Dragon Maid takes place, but being a Sentai fan they could've been grabbed from the late 80s to early 90s, right?

edit: More thoughts just after I hit post, but this could also foreshadow how this tournament arc gets resolved, with Kobayashi's upset victory being the absolute silliest possible outcome for the gods' entertainment. Also, I think this cements the Chaos faction as the closest to being morally correct as we now have proof that the gods think treating humans as toys is fun.
Kobayashi is a surname btw, it's hereditary

Dex-chan lover
DM i set in the present, on in 2013-14 if we consider the present of chapter 1.
Sentais born in late '70, you know.
...isn't Kobayashi the surname?
Regarding the family or given name, we've never gotten Kobayashi's other name and it's never been specified which Kobayashi is.

Group Leader
Regarding the family or given name, we've never gotten Kobayashi's other name and it's never been specified which Kobayashi is.
Well, Kobayashi is an actual (and quite common) surname, and jisho only listed it as Surname.

...the heck I'm saying?! People refer to Kanna as "Kanna Kobayashi" so is definitely the surname! :dogkek: :wtf:

Users who are viewing this thread