Koi wa Ameagari no You ni - Vol. 10 Ch. 82

Dex-chan lover
I'm torn. I'm so happy the series was finished, but damn, the author really didn't give a good ending after all that workup and romantic tension. Rather than a romance, this is more of a character drama in the end.

Dex-chan lover
Oof, I was kinda hoping this would be a romance route because the anime didn't.. but I guess this is fine as well. I guess romance just doesn't fit in with a manga like this, just the idea of it would.
Well what was I expecting after the rain.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah... I guess I saw that ending coming.
Still a bit disappointed because I feel these two would be good to each other.
Oh well... at least everyone's happy.

Dex-chan lover
For those disappointed at the no romance ending, just remember that the story was never really about the romance, but rather it was about two people picking each other up after life knocked them down.

They both have mutual feelings for each other, the timing was just off. So if it helps you, imagine they meet again and give romance a try later on.

Fed-Kun's army
This feels like the type of ending the author saw when making this manga, beautiful ending overall.

Aggregator gang
It's still a happy ending even if the protagonists don't end up together. The fact that people felt so strongly either way is a testament to the author's storytelling.

what a long and wild ride. does feel pretty good, but wish it couldve ended with at least some pairing getting together

I don't feel disappointed at all. Even more so, meh.
It's actually pretty good considering their situation and such.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, he gave her a parasol, maervelous.

But I have to say, I'm still made with all those people there were fuming when the anime started not understanding the real intentions of this story. They never retracted.

The ending leaves a lot of unanswered questions but it I quite like the way it ended. If their is ever a sequel I’d like to see tachibanas love life even if she dosnt end up with her boss.

Dex-chan lover
Y'know? I was a little dumbstruck when I saw the -fin- and realised, that was it, it really wasn't going to happen, not even in a timeskip. But after a few hours to mull it over, I think I'm on board with it.

It was always kind of in the background that she liked him, but she was using him to fill the hole in her life left by running, so having them both just... move on, like that? Yeah. It's strong. It's not easy, but it's strong. I can respect the commitment to the theme. I think it helps that, even though they always had this draw towards each other, I never really felt much chemistry between them at all? They were never quite on the same wavelength, even when they wanted to be.

I imagine the reference to Rashomon is supposed to illustrate that - for all the time they spent together, at work and in private, the experience meant something very different to both of them, and that's a gulf that can't be bridged. They'll each remember this story differently, but that's not such a bad thing, since they've come out of it with a newfound zeal to pursue their true passions. I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread