Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Ch. 386 - Last day of the summer camp!

Group Leader
I think yes, because some people will not understand the reference
That's... what translation notes are for. You don't change the contents to match the audience. You inform the audience when they need to be clued in. That's extremely basic.

As for the editing, gonna have to concur. It's honestly quite poor. The recommendation for better chapters are:
  • Read some guides on redrawing
  • Read some guides on typesetting
  • Don't do chain translations (i.e. JP->SP->EN), those completely obfuscate the original meaning of the manga beyond recognition.
  • Stop trying to snipe a series that already has an active scan group doing good work, unless there's a good reason to.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for reading our translation!
We're trying our best to edit the chapters.
If you have any recommendations for a better translated chapter, feel free to say it!

HeXp - Translator of the chapter.
I think you should consider Chris opinion, especially this one :
Stop trying to snipe a series that already has an active scan group doing good work, unless there's a good reason to.

Group Leader
That's... what translation notes are for. You don't change the contents to match the audience. You inform the audience when they need to be clued in. That's extremely basic.
In their defense, that's the direction official translations seem to be going for :rip:

Double-page supporter
Jesus christ how tf this shitty scanlation is still alive.

There's already an active team doing this manga with better translation and typeset to boot, go find something else.

Double-page supporter
If you have any recommendations for a better translated chapter, feel free to say it!

My recommendation is: find abofher manga to work on, this one already has a dedicated scanlation group. If you're gonna try sniping you need to have quality or speed, preferably both. Here, you barely have the first.

Is it cool if you can translate to English Komi Can’t Communicate Chapter 389 and 390 please?

Users who are viewing this thread