Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Vol. 21 Ch. 279 - America

Dex-chan lover
Not great timing for the trip to New York 🤣
Also, I'm always surprised how bad at English Japanese are, their education sucks. And yeah, latest chapters after theater play/Komi x Shoko rivalry - sucks, I skipped most of them, dialogues boring, no development etc. Cmon, Author, just give us something worth

Please, don't be an ass and swear at me, i'm highly confused, America is a continent right? When people always say Murica bad and whatnot, i always think, you mean the USA or the whole fucking continent?
Like, people just forget the fact that the USA is in the north part of a continent? This really annoys me.

Dex-chan lover
What the guide did here is really dangerous... especially when your group has people like Komi-san.

On page 4 it should be "Melting Pot of cultures" not "salad bowl of cultures". The US is a Melting Pot and the UK is a salad bowl. Nether refer to race, they are direct metaphors for National lineage and cultural heritage. The only place that refers to NY being a "salad bowl" is the Wikipedia on "salad bowl of cultures" and it is unsourced. The augment is fairly new and is largely considered unfounded by most sociologists as the argument is based on New York failure to gentrify effectively over the last 50 years making it a augment based on race not culture. Both terms have potential contradictions in them and neither are a perfect fit to any cultural makeup of a city. However, colloquially New York is considered the Melting Pot not the salad bowl and those terms are not interchangeable.

Dex-chan lover
The volume cover shows her with the girls who took part in the mixer walking in Central Park. Possibility of Tadano-kun-chan in NYC?

I...uh...I didn't really understand that the class was going on a trip until last chapter or so, and now I learn it's in NYC? A little blindsided by the pacing, but I'm down to see what happens next

@Jmann It's not just education, it's just there's no incentive in learning it too. Why bother learning a language that's already wildly different from yours when the stuff you're interested in gets readily translated into your language.

Double-page supporter
lmaoooo ichou is somethin else 💀
but look at my girl komi communicating with total strangers in another language in a foreign country omg SHES COME SO FAR IM SO PROUD :')

The amount of people bringing up politics, psuedo logic, and warped stereotypes just from one chapter set in America is pathetic.

Fed-Kun's army
I guarantee Komi's writing not even top 10 of the weird things that cashier saw all day, much less all week. Fast food employees just don't care, and Komi writing out what she wanted was also probably a help to the employee, not having to sort through accent and pronunciation.

Hehe, it's NYC America, they should change the cab guy into a black guy and go into the doujin ways

Users who are viewing this thread