Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Vol. 22 Ch. 285 - I don't like it, but I'm not against it. That's all.

Dex-chan lover
I like polygamy in manga but I don’t even care for a harem in this, I’m fine with Tadano ending up with either Rumiko or Komi cause I’m confident the other will move on AND everyone will stay friends. This is a very low stakes story. And I think Tadano x Rumiko is just as good as Tadano x Komi

Dex-chan lover
For discussion purposes I'm going to list all the reasons why I think Tadano and Manbagi makes a better couple than Tadano and Komi. The first issue stems from Tadano and Manbagi's friendly relationship and Tadano and Komi's lack of one. Note that a friendly relationship is different than being friends. Tadano and Komi are undoubtedly friends, however they don't have a friendly relationship unlike Tadano and Manbagi. This mainly stems from Komi's own communication disorder, which makes it hard for her to hold a conversation with Tadano often resulting in an awkward atmosphere whenever the two interact together. Manbagi is the complete opposite, often holding many friendly conversations with Tadano which creates an enjoyable experience such as when they went around the festival together in chapter 194 or more recently such as when they were talking about the musical they had just seen in chapter 282.

My next point is sort of a continuation of the last point, Tadano and Komi's relationship would be unhealthy. This might sound like nonsense to you, but hear me out. Tadano idolizes Komi. Sure he's better than most of the other people in his class, but he still puts her up on a pedestal. Idolizing someone when you're in a relationship with them is extremely unhealthy and puts a lot of strain on the relationship itself. And on the opposite end of the spectrum we have Komi who is too dependent on Tadano. Just like with Tadano idolizing Komi, Komi being too overly dependent on Tadano would put a strain on their relationship and wouldn't be healthy for them in the long run. Tadano and Manbagi have neither of these problems.

I think lastly I should talk about what Manbagi and Komi stand to gain from Tadano choosing Manbagi. Manbagi has, since her introduction, shown that she has low self-esteem. This only got worse once she learned that Komi also like Tadano, after which she always talked about how it's impossible for Tadano to choose her when he has someone like Komi pining after him. If Tadano did choose Manbagi over Komi I believe that would go a long way towards giving her a much needed confidence boost. Komi herself, however, is the most important factor in all of this. I believe that should Tadano choose Manbagi over her that her frustration at her inability to properly express her feelings to Tadano would give her the final push needed for her to overcome her communication disorder.

These are the main reasons why I prefer Manbagi over Komi. What do you guys think? Also Manbagi is just too damn cute.

You go girl. And shouko will 2 and he will gets his harem and suddenly this turn into a secret dojin..... ye right, she aint doing it in the end

Dex-chan lover
@Jayswing103

Good arguments but:

1. Komi and Tadano are awkward around each other because they're hyper aware of each other and have mutual underlying romantic feelings. Tadano doesn't (or at least didn't) think about Manbagi tha that way so there wasn't that awkwardness.

2. I don't think Tadano idolizes Komi anymore. I think it pretty much stopped once he realized she had a communication disorder. Yeah he gets awestruck sometimes but that's because Komi is Komi lol (also the crush he has on her imo)

3. Neither one of them have expressed their feelings so far, Manbagi just decided to. And at the rate Komi is progressing in her communication abilities, she'll confess soon too so I feel like that point kind of falls apart there. Also it'd be weird character and writing wise for Tadano to pick Manbagi just to boost her confidence.

Dex-chan lover
@spidersonbikes

1. Fair enough, but as you pointed out even now that Tadano realizes that Manbagi has romantic feelings for him he still finds himself enjoying her company.

2. As I've said, even though he's better than the others we've seen he's still got that 'She's too good for me.' mentality. I'd argue that the only person who actually sees Komi for who she is and doesn't idolize her is Manbagi.

3. Komi's definitely getting better, but I think she still needs some kind of ignition factor, a push if you will, to truly overcome that last wall that's holding her back. Manbagi's confession will probably be that push regardless of whether or not Tadano accepts it, but it would have more of an impact if he did. Also perhaps I didn't word it right, but I'm not saying Tadano should pick Manbagi just to boost her confidence, but that him picking Manbagi would invariably provide her with a big confidence boost that she really needs.

Aggregator gang
The best part of this chapter was Ichou Setoka appearing from nowhere. Too bad she isn't using her bunny girl outfit.

I'm all in for the manga continuing way beyond Manbagi and Tadano dating, the focus of the manga is komi herself, not her relationship with tadano anyway.

I have no idea how Tomohito-san manages to make me cringe, then laugh, then cry all in the same chapter,

@aznjacob I’m neither glad or annoyed that Rumiko is going to confess, I just want it to end already (and, as we can see from the most recent chapter, it’s still going to take a while)

Finally a less fillered chapter. The drama in this manga is getting so lengthy and so many short boring lame chapters the mangakas filling up this manga with makes me wanna drop this manga which I considered as a favourite one of mine. Stupid lame filler burger eating chapters and shit now finally some story progress. I like the story but if the author keeps on adding shit lame pointless drama chapters to make it more bigger to reach 500 chapters I'm gonna fucking drop this shit. Gets me so pissed.

@Han_Ray_YanZi how do idiots like you find this manga AND not drop it within the first hundred chapters, like im genuinely curious? this manga has never been heavily focused on the romance, it's a slice of life episodic comedy.

Dex-chan lover
@WhatTheCarl Woah woah, what are you doing? We don't bring logic and reason into the Mangadex comment sections. Leave that shit at the door and just find something to whine about.

Users who are viewing this thread