Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu.

Dex-chan lover
jimmchanga, my boy, let me tell you a little about this island nation called "Japan" and this type of story called a "romcom"

*gazes wistfully into the distance*

The answer is never. Never.

Dex-chan lover
Soon. ,my friend soon they're gonna progress even though slower than patrick race rock but eventually it's gonna progress, although i feeling it now, back in first year, tadano and komi so close the interaction between two of them is why i very like this manga, but somehow after second year two of them grow some distance at least for now in my opinion, also the character like katai that sit beside tadano his way to admire tadano is like young maiden funny at first but if this keep up it's borderline annoying, manbagi still she somehow like tadano but rather have direct communication with tadano she unintentionally keep telling tadano to shut up, we know she doesn't know how to react to tadano noble action but that ended up treating tadano like dirt , but still they're good character although i feel character progression and fluidity not good as first year, but yeah it's still few chapter in second year, so we can expect more later. Still what make me disappointed is no proper explanation what happen after tadano give komi candy present in white day, it's like nothing happen.

Kichun? What about..
ce0c76bf109b0a29b5214e93b974f4db0cff9cbb_hq.jpg

Just spent the last few days getting caught up after a friend told me about this series sometime last year, and I gotta say I wish I had known about it/got caught up much sooner.

Been a good while since I read a series I had a lot of fun with, hell I loved it so much I'm even planning on importing the volumes in the near future cause I'm doubtful it'll get an English release anytime soon (maybe next year if we're lucky).

So a bit after I got caught up, I decided to go back and read every chapter again for some reason.

Now that I've read every chapter twice, the final verdict is...I honestly can't find a single flaw with this manga and I'm not saying there aren't any I just don't see them.
And that's after including all the analyzing of stuff I did on my second read through (mostly noticing things I didn't the first time around like I was mainly trying to see when characters show up before being introduced properly but wound up pointing out some subtle character development stuff here and there I might have overanalyzed it but I had a lot more fun the second go around).

For me personally, it truly is a masterpiece and I wish every ounce of success to Tomohito Oda, he deserves it.

A restaurant with no chairs!? Fuck that, what about the elderly? What about fat people like me?
Sometimes stores in Japan do different things just to be weird imo

There's a chain restaurant called "Ikinari Steak" that I believe this restaurant is based on.
"Ikinari" is close in definition to "totsuzen" (suddenly).

-No flaws
Everything involving the yandere character is garbage. I still remember that retarded kidnapping thing

@Cableman
Rates of obesity in Japan are a lot lower, and elderly people tend to eat less meat, especially heavier ones such as steak. Also while I'm pretty sure it's mostly a gimmick, it also might have to do with saving space considering Japan's high population density, and how things are more fast-paced there so they typically want their meals done faster.

Dex-chan lover
SUDDENLY

That was a good chapter.

Komisan is a really good manga but it's biggest flaw is that some it's side characters just...aren't that good. And amusingly, the ones that aren't were earlyish ones that played off of the deference and love of Komi to an annoying degree; characters like Agari being a masochist dog and the stalker chick being really fucking shitty. This is of course evened out by the fact that Agari got her food critic persona, the shit characters lost more focus with other side characters being introduced and those side characters being really really good foils for the main couple (such as Katai, Onihime and Komi's two trip friends).

Luckily I think the author caught on to what makes good characters cause Manbagi is probably the best that he's introduced and I hope all this focus on her shows that he realized he struck gold and that she's REALLY well liked by readers.

Users who are viewing this thread