Konjiki no Word Master - Yuusha Yonin ni Makikomareta Unique Cheat - Ch. 104 - Spirit Forest (5)

Dex-chan lover
This was definitely my biggest gripe with this manga, you can just feel the pretentiousness oozing out of him. Everyone in this manga that isn't a moustache-twirling villain is way more likeable than Hiiro is. Even the annoying ones like the monkey spirit.

It's one thing if a side/background character is like this, but when it's your protagonist to which the story revolves around...

EDIT: I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I might actually prefer a "generic isekai MC #623" over the current one. I really do appreciate that the author gave Hiiro a more distinct personality than your standard isekai protagonists, but it's not fun to watch this guy "Hmph! 'adjusts glasses' What a bother..." all over everyone and their dog. Staying for the cool word magic tho

Well TBH, Hiiro's character weren't unique at all, let alone distinct, where he supposedly a combination of "Megane" +"Specs are Badass" tropes, but somehow his "Tsundere" trait is too strong, which turned him into an annoying glasses character that you often found in many titles as a forgotten sub-character, where they think that they're better than anyone else, to the point that they always looks down on others.

Really wish someone would either Bright-slap him to bring his feet back to the ground, or beat the crap outta him until he break down and cry like a girl, so he lose his super cocky attitude, and become a better man that can respect others.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get the whining about Hiro this late into the series. It's your average isekai MC (mid to really strong MC/cheat like skills, bonus points if mostly to all busty female party), having him being like this is funnier than your average goody two shoes that can't stand any mild lewd situation/scene.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get the whining about Hiro this late into the series. It's your average isekai MC (mid to really strong MC/cheat like skills, bonus points if mostly to all busty female party), having him being like this is funnier than your average goody two shoes that can't stand any mild lewd situation/scene.

It's literally due to that, where the series has gone past 100 chapters, yet he still acts like a trash tsundere, while he disrespects everyone around him with his overly negative attitude, and looks at them like some kind of industrial waste or some shit.

Like, is it really that hard to respect others, and be nice to them?

Dex-chan lover
Of course it's the monkey. It's exactly the kind of cheap humour many an author would love. Monkeys have always been used as comedy vessels all over the world.

Wait, why does he have to fight the demon lord someday? I thought the whole idea at the start of the manga was that he wasn't a hero and that he was avoiding the plot entirely. Did they throw that one twist out and now it's just a generic isekai?
It might not be out of his own volition. The ex-demon lord is a psycho seeking trouble. He loves conflict and war, unlike the new demon lord. There's no doubt he would, at some point, come back to fight Hiiro, especially if Hiiro manages to get stronger and thus be worth it. On the other hand, Hiiro might not be a hero, despite his name, but if his friends are in mortal danger, he might not have much of a choice but to defend them.

Dex-chan lover
It's literally due to that, where the series has gone past 100 chapters, yet he still acts like a trash tsundere, while he disrespects everyone around him with his overly negative attitude, and looks at them like some kind of industrial waste or some shit.

On the flipside, the dude's been like this from the very beginning. Actually, I am surprised he stayed the same this long, given the context of the story and all that jazz.
Also, this reminds me of Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai. MC sticks to his ways till the end even if the people around him are pissed at him ("best friend", sister, fl's best friends, baseball team, teachers, etc), in fact the female lead gradually starts behaving like him in the final couple of chapters, which makes it even more hilarious.
If anything, the spirit monkey worries me. He's even more annoying and he will stay with Hiro as a spiritual contractor, so you can see how Hiro's mood will get down the road. lol

Perhaps, if it bothers you that much you and the others should consider put this on hold and check if he changed (big doubt) his ways later down the road.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Of course it's the monkey. It's exactly the kind of cheap humour many an author would love. Monkeys have always been used as comedy vessels all over the world.

It might not be out of his own volition. The ex-demon lord is a psycho seeking trouble. He loves conflict and war, unlike the new demon lord. There's no doubt he would, at some point, come back to fight Hiiro, especially if Hiiro manages to get stronger and thus be worth it. On the other hand, Hiiro might not be a hero, despite his name, but if his friends are in mortal danger, he might not have much of a choice but to defend them.
OK but that's the job of the other summoned heroes that he's not part of. That was the one thing that set this apart from every other boring isekai: Heroes were summoned to defeat the demon lord and the main character isn't doing that. Why's he doing that now? Even if the demon lord comes after him someday, he could just run and leave it to the heroes, right? Somebody here forgot the plot and I'm not sure if it's me or the author.

Dex-chan lover
OK but that's the job of the other summoned heroes that he's not part of. That was the one thing that set this apart from every other boring isekai: Heroes were summoned to defeat the demon lord and the main character isn't doing that. Why's he doing that now? Even if the demon lord comes after him someday, he could just run and leave it to the heroes, right? Somebody here forgot the plot and I'm not sure if it's me or the author.
He's not exactly too shy to make connections. He's hanging around with the rulers of the nations, gaining favours from them. While he did it for his own benefit and amusement, like giving that beast princess back her voice, it still does get him involved with the people at the highest levels. The villains would also notice that. I'm sure he wouldn't like to fight the ex-demon lord for no reason, but he has also got quite a lot of pride; he hasn't been in a habit of running from foes.

The heroes were summoned as tools for the conspiracy. That's where their role began and already ended. Hiiro never expected anything from them. Maybe you should refresh your memory about the current situation of the heroes. They are in no position to save the world. They can't even save themselves.

Dex-chan lover
I knew it would be the annoying monkey. If I had to guess the reason I’d say this monkey is going to be the author’s way of injecting “comedy” into this.

Like, is it really that hard to respect others, and be nice to

Yeah that's a good point, like there has been little to no character progression with him for 100+ chapters, if you read chapter 1 and went to the this chapter there is no difference between the MC. Like I get that it's supposed to make him distinct and "interesting" bit he approaches every problem the same way -
1. He is better than everyone around him
2. He "gets dragged into a major problem"
3. Complains about having to help
4. Food and books are the reward
Like that is perfectly fine for the plot and how to structure the story but the stakes continue to get more and more grave but his attitude barely changes. Like having some respect and humility goes a long way to making you a likeable person. If your character has barely changed since their introduction and your 100+ chapters in, that seems like a problem

Dex-chan lover
Whoaaa, last 3 chapters threw me off completely.

... Nooooooooo, I'd rather it's Hime than Money... cuz, you know ....
Ik how u feel, I too wish it was snake girl hime.

Man, spirit weapons? Feels like mabinogi lol

Dex-chan lover
He's not exactly too shy to make connections. He's hanging around with the rulers of the nations, gaining favours from them. While he did it for his own benefit and amusement, like giving that beast princess back her voice, it still does get him involved with the people at the highest levels. The villains would also notice that. I'm sure he wouldn't like to fight the ex-demon lord for no reason, but he has also got quite a lot of pride; he hasn't been in a habit of running from foes.

The heroes were summoned as tools for the conspiracy. That's where their role began and already ended. Hiiro never expected anything from them. Maybe you should refresh your memory about the current situation of the heroes. They are in no position to save the world. They can't even save themselves.
Ugh, I might wind up dropping this then. A metaplot about a guy refusing to engage with the plot was at least a unique enough twist to be engaging, but if they dropped that premise this story doesn't have a whole lot going for it. If they're replacing red loli with annoying monkey I'm definitely at least skipping the current arc.

Dex-chan lover
@TNT261 idk if making that spoilered was absolutely necessary but I've been warned for less so I was being cautious.

Whoaaa, last 3 chapters threw me off completely.

... Nooooooooo, I'd rather it's Hime than Money... cuz, you know ....
Bro, gib Hime.

Seriously, why does it always have to be an annoying character. Can we get snake waifu? Snake waifu who's inhabiting a katana is cool imo.

Please, not the annoying monkey.
Please make due with that jealous 🐍 who can transform into a voluptuous woman... 😳 :facepalm:
Hiiro playing solo is enough, please don't add unnecessary characters anymore... :nyoron:

Users who are viewing this thread