Konjiki no Word Master - Yuusha Yonin ni Makikomareta Unique Cheat - Vol. 10 Ch. 49 - Shamoe's Beastification

Contributor
good scan. but ..try and not poach a manga that already has a scan team that scanlates it...plenty of dropped other mangas.

only advice is that it's not her's but actually hers; otherwise keep up the good work mate!

Dex-chan lover
You did a good job, I didn't notice any grammatical errors. Can't comment on the Japanese if I don't know it

@Lament it would be bad to kill able bodied men considering there are possible enemies and bad creatures around. I'd say the dude who the sword thru both arms got his punishment

@s0che Who exactly is being poached from? Shurim hasn't done anything for months and, prior to that gap, left a message that they were taking a break from scantalating.
"I will be taking a break from scanlation. I’ll be back if I can. Anyone’s welcome to pick up any of the projects I’ve dropped."

As far as that one-off by Memorable / Solistrad, neither one of those individuals appear to have added the manga to their lists of mangas they were covering.
Between that and their lack of releasing any additional uploads [while still uploading for other manga], there was no clear basis to assume they'd actually picked up the manga.
Finally, the timeframe was narrow enough that we can't assume that work hadn't already begun simultaneously between the two scantalation teams. In fact, we don't even know for sure which one was completed first, just which was uploaded first. As M / S had not built up an established translation presence upon the work, they wouldn't have any foundation to argue if a more dedicated scantalation team attempts to take over.

As such, there's neither expectation nor right opposing the new translation team's efforts, only your own strict demands as to what you deem proper.
That's not to say you can't look after the new team with a critical eye, and an expectation that they'll live up to the burden of responsability of potentially having shouldered another team off the project. That's entirely fine, then you're treating everyone with respectful consideration and an expectation that those who choose to take up tasks will approach those tasks with proper diligence. That's a good mindset.

Rather, that's to say there's absolutely no basis yet for any hostility or even dismissiveness towards the team, and that your own conduct thus far is arguably ruder than anything the translation team themself has done [as thus far both your and the translation team's only transgressions are based in making assumptions, and thus far we only have your own overly forward presentation of intent to go off of, and no clue as to the character or intent of the translation team]. Lay back, see how things play out. Especially wait to see if M / S themselves are favorable to the matter, as pushing the new translation team off the project in that circumstance would only make you out as the villain of the matter.

Considering that this is your first time translating manga, I’m pretty impressed. I have no problems with your capabilities. Well done enough for me.

@s0che Just FYI, sniping isn't against the rules. Anybody can scanlate any manga they want.

And your assumption that "if they didn't scanlate this one they could scanlate another one instead" is false, because people aren't going to scanlate what *you* want, just because you want them to.

Users who are viewing this thread