Kono Koi wo Hoshi ni wa Negawanai - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Comfort

Aggregator gang
It's not even toxic, it's just sad, kinda. These are people trying their best and it ends up hurting each other.
I'd say it's an emotional toxic situation potentially but you're dead on, none of them are bad people DESPITE hurting each other and constantly overstepping emotional boundaries and not communicating and making decisions for the other and -- it's all a bit real, no?

They're just kids.

I remember what being a high school kid was like. They're all acting out what they think their roles should be, driven by emotions they don't understand and can't communicate, trampling over each others agency in trying to navigate feelings. Most of my childhood has been lost to the memory fog at this point, but I clearly remember being asked out and saying yes and realizing that neither of us really felt anything for the other. Took no time at all for that situation to crumble, but still took years and other failures to learn a real lesson from it. I didn't know what love was until my late twenties. My heart bleeds for all three of them and I can't help but see myself or people I've known in 'em all. Can't look away...

Also, thank you very much for these updates, Moosan; I really appreciate your hard work!

thank you so much for the fast translations ive been craving more of this ...
gosh this really hurts to read :') but its so good i cant put it down.. i need more!!!!!! GAHHHhh

Dex-chan lover
I'd say it's an emotional toxic situation potentially but you're dead on, none of them are bad people DESPITE hurting each other and constantly overstepping emotional boundaries and not communicating and making decisions for the other and -- it's all a bit real, no?

They're just kids.

I remember what being a high school kid was like. They're all acting out what they think their roles should be, driven by emotions they don't understand and can't communicate, trampling over each others agency in trying to navigate feelings. Most of my childhood has been lost to the memory fog at this point, but I clearly remember being asked out and saying yes and realizing that neither of us really felt anything for the other. Took no time at all for that situation to crumble, but still took years and other failures to learn a real lesson from it. I didn't know what love was until my late twenties. My heart bleeds for all three of them and I can't help but see myself or people I've known in 'em all. Can't look away...

Also, thank you very much for these updates, Moosan; I really appreciate your hard work!
Well i think they're in uni, but i guess not that it makes that much of a diff when 30 year olds are acting like teens still sometimes

(tho still old enough to know better but i suppose causing drama is diff than like holding back feelings/at least it isnt the toxic yuri where there was some 'plot twist reveal' of fuyuki sabotaging her childhood friend's previous relationships to monopolize her)

Aggregator gang
Well i think they're in uni, but i guess not that it makes that much of a diff when 30 year olds are acting like teens still sometimes

(tho still old enough to know better but i suppose causing drama is diff than like holding back feelings/at least it isnt the toxic yuri where there was some 'plot twist reveal' of fuyuki sabotaging her childhood friend's previous relationships to monopolize her)
Oh, are they? I wasn't quite sure. I think their age does matter a bit due to how it's immaturity/inexperience taking center stage; the context feels important for a story like this. Thanks for the correction!

But yeah, fully agreed, it doesn't make a difference to the overall observation despite that. High school me didn't suddenly get better when she was stumbling through college. Frankly, most of the faces I'm seeing in these chars are from those disastrous years! Immaturity and inexperience makes children of us all sometimes.

Dex-chan lover
I will upload the next chapter when I'm done with my homework
Good luck with hw! Be sure to enjoy some things for yourself in between too lol
Oh, are they? I wasn't quite sure. I think their age does matter a bit due to how it's immaturity/inexperience taking center stage; the context feels important for a story like this. Thanks for the correction!

But yeah, fully agreed, it doesn't make a difference to the overall observation despite that. High school me didn't suddenly get better when she was stumbling through college. Frankly, most of the faces I'm seeing in these chars are from those disastrous years! Immaturity and inexperience makes children of us all sometimes.
yeah they were in some college class together

Tho Fuyuki is still considered 'underage' b/c you're not an 'adult'/allowed to drink til 20 even if you're at 18 (tho still lower than the drinking age in america [and, not that it doesn't happen but she's already had 'experience' with her previous bfs, i'd assume some teens would prolly avoid having sex while in high school versus college but i guess it depends on your lifestyle]) , i think it was mentioned that Eri went to a diff middle school and was bullied, or at least ignored/ostracized and that made her even more dependent when they reunited

Dex-chan lover
Eri is finally learning that Kyo is not a good match! Kyo is making decisions for her and hurting her and her relationships. I hope that Fuyuki would look and see that her phone before she does more that she will regret.

Dex-chan lover
Eri is finally learning that Kyo is not a good match! Kyo is making decisions for her and hurting her and her relationships. I hope that Fuyuki would look and see that her phone before she does more that she will regret.
I mean, tbf, she expects that she will have a lover, and fuyuki will not, and will stay with her as a third wheel, essentially. Both girls need to let go of one another, unless they are emotionally masochistic.

Users who are viewing this thread