Kono Koi wo Hoshi ni wa Negawanai - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Comfort

Dex-chan lover
I love the angst of this manga so much, and how beautiful the art is makes it all feel so good, like a beautiful disaster as they struggle to square their feelings with each other.

the relationship between fuyuki and her senpai is genuinely so sweet, I love how they can be each other's comfort and despite not loving each other romantically they needed and wanted the experience as sapphic women 😭🙏

From what I understand. Kyo is a typical dude tryna get laid, Eri is a parasitic douche nozzle and Fuyuki is a unlucky confused person that makes poor decisions. Before people start saying Eri isn’t that bad, think about it. Dates/latches onto anybody that gives her any kind of affection and just takes. She then proceeds to get upset when fuyuki starts dating the other chick, while she is in a relationship of her own. People like that are the worst. Always taking, but never giving. Fuyuki is bad in her own way. Often making decisions that end up with her being hurt. Then seeking comfort from a fling from the her past, which wouldn't be bad if they genuinely loved each other.

There is so much wrong with that love triangle thing that is going on. So to summarize it’s goes like this imo. Dude looking to take advantage of a needy chick, needy chick is a parasite that latches on to those that give her attention, and love blind girl that makes poor decisions that hurt her, so she goes to an old fling for comfort.

(Saw someone say that they’re just kids. They’re college age, old enough to know what they’re doing)

Dex-chan lover
Eri is finally learning that Kyo is not a good match! Kyo is making decisions for her and hurting her and her relationships. I hope that Fuyuki would look and see that her phone before she does more that she will regret.

Why would she regret it? It's not like she has to keep herself pure for Eri or some otaku bullshit like that. It's fine to get some comfort from senpai.

And while Kyo is kind of a crappy boyfriend, it's not like Eri would be a good match for Fuyuki. Eri is just too dependent on Fuyuki. She needs a shrink, not a girlfriend. And Fuyuki needs to get on with her life and forget about Eri and Kyo. They're nothing but trouble.

Double-page supporter
its more complex than i thought before, fucking painful, fucking stupid
at least fuyuki got comfort from her senpai, i hope they will be the end game please

Dex-chan lover
Ok, something more is going on here. Eri wakes up and her first thought after waking up beside her "boyfriend" is "why?" Like, girl and you think you "love" him???

Something is definitively off here. Senpai (did we ever get her name?) immediately picked up what both Fuyuki and Eri are too blind to see: their love is mutual. So, why does Eri think what she feels for Fuyuki is just friendship? It makes no sense.

Dex-chan lover
Ok, something more is going on here. Eri wakes up and her first thought after waking up beside her "boyfriend" is "why?" Like, girl and you think you "love" him???

Something is definitively off here. Senpai (did we ever get her name?) immediately picked up what both Fuyuki and Eri are too blind to see: their love is mutual. So, why does Eri think what she feels for Fuyuki is just friendship? It makes no sense.
You don't know that their love is mutual. Eri is obsessed with Fuyuki, that much is clear, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's in love with her.

I think it's because of how all her past relationships that involved romantic feelings in some sort (with men and women) ended in hurt. the idea of liking fuyuki in a romantic way is such a scary thought that it doesn't even cross her mind. she sees fuyuki as someone who could never betray/hurt her and loves her unconditionally. and eri also loves her unconditionally in return, and to her it can only be friendship (even if it might be more), because it can't possibly be the usual transactional romantic love she's used to.

Fed-Kun's army
I think it's because of how all her past relationships that involved romantic feelings in some sort (with men and women) ended in hurt. the idea of liking fuyuki in a romantic way is such a scary thought that it doesn't even cross her mind. she sees fuyuki as someone who could never betray/hurt her and loves her unconditionally. and eri also loves her unconditionally in return, and to her it can only be friendship (even if it might be more), because it can't possibly be the usual transactional romantic love she's used to.
You worded so perfectly. I agree with this one

Aggregator gang
thanks for the work moosan! there's a lot of pages here which must have taken a while to translate so your effort is greatly appreciated!

i agree w the commenters here saying none of them are bad. i think all of them wanted to do good but because they lack the true perspective of the other party they end up hurting each other.

it was a surprise to see a bit of senpai's backstory. seems like all of them are entrenched in a web of messy relationship entanglements.

i really like how the author takes time to show each characters' thoughts and feelings. feels much more intimate.

Dex-chan lover
I feel you hit the nail right on the head.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the uploads !! Damn this is getting more and more complicated

Dex-chan lover
OK, I have to comment a bit about Kyo because he actually isn't an asshole this chapter and people seem to have missed Fuyuki's recollection. While Kyo did originally want Fuyuki to stay out, he very quickly relented during the conversation itself and invited Fuyuki to spend the birthday together as in previous years. He then went ahead and took the blame when Eri got upset about Fuyuki not coming because he didn't want Eri to know that FUYUKI was deliberately avoiding them. Kyo is really trying to be the nice guy here at a cost to himself, but he's not really helping. That said, he isn't really at fault since all he really did was to give Fuyuki an excuse to do what she'd wanted to do, then Fuyuki changed her mind, then changed her mind AGAIN when she had a chance to repair their relationship. This time most of the blame is really Fuyuki's.

Also, this is a situation where the girls do love each other deeply but one of them (Eri) is actually straight. It's already very obvious from Eri's original reaction to Fuyuki dating senpai that the thought of making their relationship sexual never crossed her mind. She simply isn't wired that way. She loves Fuyuki romantically but is unable to be attracted to her sexually. This kind of pairing does work IRL, and there are mangas that actually depict this. but Eri simply isn't able to initiate it. The ball is really in Fuyuki's court now, especially since she's already come out to both Eri and Kyo. Her original inhibition was caused by her fear of ERI's reaction if she found out. Well, part of that hurdle's already passed.

Dex-chan lover
Eri is finally learning that Kyo is not a good match! Kyo is making decisions for her and hurting her and her relationships. I hope that Fuyuki would look and see that her phone before she does more that she will regret.
I don't think she is gonna regret what she's doing in regards to the physical intimacy with senpai, she might regret stringing her along emotionally tho. Fuyuki is the one pushing for this and the initiative is on her

Users who are viewing this thread