Kouchuugun Shikan Boukensha ni Naru - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Gotania

Aggregator gang
It irks me that Alan never asks what the untranslatable word people keep descri bing Ria with means.

for fucc sake, metal armor doesnt make your movement restricted!! if you're really disturbed by it, at least just use them at vital points like chest. Not all Knight use full plate armor since its freeaaaking costly to maintain not because it restricted user's movement.

Group Leader
Page 19 first panel is like:

tenor.gif

I wonder when Japanese mangakas would discover the existence of chainmail and gambesons? They would fit perfectly in a medieval theme, Instead of this awfully impractical "armor" that covers only her tiny boobs and part of the rib cage, leaving everything else wide open.
or let's look at that leather armor that they that highly value? it got a "leather" word in the name, so it's literally telling you that it has close to zero defense against slicing and thrusting strikes. like, how a leather jacket would be useful if you are stabbed with a sword? and I did not mention that leather armor won't give you any resistance against blunt weapons impact.
so, its bad against slices and thrusts and awful against blunt strikes. BUT! +50 to style points! yep, worth buying!
and as timidhakana already said, a well-made set of full plate armor won't restrict your movements at all. you can run, jump or even do a barrel roll wearing it.
if you don't believe me, you can watch related to the question videos on youtube

edit: oh, they wore gambesons in the next chapter during a spar. so I have no idea why would shopkeeper suggest picking a leather jacket over a gambeson in terms of defense.

@defianze Or a Brigantine would provide fine protection and be flexible. Great for blunt force, stabbing and cutting. Second only to full plate and you still need to wear a gambeson under it.

Dex-chan lover
oh how i wish all these mangas, novels and so on would just stop it with this nonsense about how metal armor restricts movements... late medieval era plate armor could even move in ways the human body could never even hope to do without breaking bones and twisting limbs out of their socket, seriously, if you can do it without the armor then you can do it with the armor just as easy.
i also wish they would stop with all this leather armor this and leather armor that, leather armor is practically nonexistent thru out history.

Double-page supporter
Oh man, this was interesting at first, but now its so bad.
I wont touch on the armor thing, but honestly, what kind of emergency supplies did this guy bring with him. He has a rifle with limited ammo, no kind of high-tech armor whatsoever and his body enhancements is able to fabricate items and replicate magic at will, yet is unable to generate any type of shielding for his body, and is unable to send off nor receive a SOS from drones.
The goddamn escape pod, which was supposed to be the lifeline of a stranded person, broke up on contact with water, and is rendered completely useless despite water contact is preferred after dropping from high altitudes.

This is just going down the classic Isekai route and instead of god's blessing now its deus ex machina

Fed-Kun's army
Yes, medieval armor is complete shit if you compare it to a powered armour suit. That's like telling someone to drive a jalopy and saying its a really good when they've been driving Super cars this whole time. There's no comparison, so of course he's not going to be inclined to wear something that ways 50 to 100 pounds and slows you down dramatically.

Dex-chan lover
question: alan and the girl can talk to each other mentally, im guessing it coz he put the nanobots on her blood back then when he was healing her, but was it ever said they could talk mentally by using them? like did i miss a line somewhere in a past chapter?, coz i have 0 fuccking recollection of it...and i just realized they have been chatting like that for a while

Fed-Kun's army
@Hollow7F yeah its not mentioned in the manga. but mentioned in the Novel. it was at the time allan explained the Concept of Nanom to her. which she sees it as spirits.
though she cant talk to them like allan, cause they are allan`s they can be used to communicate.

we dont get to see her pov in the manga.

Ahh the usual misconception about medieval armour, I mean seriously, medieval armour has one of the best defensive capabilities AKA, can deflect and redirect blow, slash and cut. And still maintaining articulation and freedom of movement, while it is exhausting to use due to their weight (though the weight is actually less (20-25kg/40-50lbs) compared to modern military equipment (27-45kg/60-100lbs)), it will not slow or restrict the user, to put it into perspective, you can use it to do an acrobatic move such as cartwheel.

Dex-chan lover
Anyone writing a medieval/heroic fantasy story should be forced to watch this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzTwBQniLSc

To quote the top comment :
"Almost like armor was designed for humans to move in..."

Fed-Kun's army
There's a ridiculous amount of copy-pasted art here, and I can't tell if I'm only just noticing it or if it's been like this from the start, but now it's driving me nuts.

Not to many people talking about that Ass Grab. But yeah this manga is nice, I keep re-reading it when I get bored.

Dex-chan lover
man just ask someone what that word means already, nothing good will come of willful ignorance

Users who are viewing this thread