Kouchuugun Shikan Boukensha ni Naru - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - Encounter

Fed-Kun's army
Well the ai is able to rebuild the whole ship. so building a c.f. Bay seems possible and less resource intensive than a super robot.... But yes the so also had to know how to efficiently clone so easily. Maybe cloning is fine but the use of the dead admiral is the issue. Like he made a strange comment about his body a few chapters back. If it's this easy to clone and you can have nano mind interfaces a extra body for mind transfers seems possible. But maybe full clones are taboo. Irk it's super cool

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for another great chapter. I always read these as soon as a I see them!

@Kanol We've already seen they have the technology to effectively regrow an amputated limb using Nanoms, cloning would simply be taking that a step further by regrowing the entire person, so it's not hard to imagine it would possible using an actual shipboard medbay. Also as others have pointed out the cold sleep sections took a direct hit from the weapon and everyone was killed instantly. Afterwards, those sections were jettisoned and self destructed in order to stabilize the ship's orbit, so it's unlikely that any genetic material would be salvageable.

That being said, the ship's AI could potentially have had clonable material from some of the select crew members who were awake at the time of the attack and were killed due to the loss of gravity control as the ship exited hyperspace. Chapter 1 indicates that while the first lieutenant was the only survivor, the second lieutenant from his group who was also out of stasis died in the mess hall and it's unclear if that was a section that had to be purged.

Dex-chan lover
@serapheid i mean the thing about storing parts of bodies of who the ships are named after. if it's done on basically every warship, it sounds like a very important tradition that the whole military would know about. unless it's top secret for some reason.

if there's a military purpose, like they want to clone these famous officers once in a while, they would probably keep the bodies on a secure planet. or maybe they only keep a small sample on the ship for emergency cloning when the ship is away from that morgue facility.

but for cloning, i would think such an advanced people would only need the dna of these people stored on the ship as data, instead of a piece of the corpse. so then i'm assuming having a piece of the corpse maybe has a well known ritualistic or sentimental value, and wouldn't be a secret.

Thanks for the chapter! This is refreshing for me. Love the mixture of tech and medieval stuff. Hehe.

@captain_crunch If we assume that it is an important tradition it still could be something known among the officers ranks and HQ while being unknown to the rank and file soldiers (which the MC was).

Dex-chan lover
What is combat level 92? Is it over or under 9 thousand?
This clone's speech is hard to understand.

Double-page supporter
do not call me your excellency

...a few pages later

@Kanol @Arkticus
i suppose cloning is used to grow lost organs and parts of soldiers. while nanom do it by dividing body cells it takes time and need human to take food reach in necessary elements while cloning device most likely take elements directly and grow parts faster

@lazerus56
ai not able to actually rebuild ship. ship was made with modules and ai just disconnected completely unrepairable ones. also she can't create big parts that need dock nor do have materials to build them

about currency bit at end white gold is an alloy, gold mixed with white metal like palladium or silver
but in lots of novels is translated as platinum

Users who are viewing this thread