Kouchuugun Shikan Boukensha ni Naru - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - Encounter

Dex-chan lover
So the ship literally contains the remains of a fallen soldier and hero of the human galactic empire?
She's the fething machine-spirit of a holy war engine of the Imperium of Man!
iu

Thanks for the translation and the chapter! I really enjoyed reading it and can’t wait for the next one! Thanks again!

Fed-Kun's army
@Jpwong @ArisatoMinato - Yeah, I'm just saying you'd have to completely pulp or flash broil their heads to render them irrecoverable. If you can fully clone a human, I can't see vacuum desiccation doing the trick, especially if they all had native nanom. Actually, it seems like you'd be more secure just locking brains in black boxes and reassembling bodies on site. Maybe it's set up so sleepers get purged to prevent enemy capture in the cases where the ship sustains heavy damage.

Dex-chan lover
@captain_crunch

That may be possible, but it seems unlikely based on his reaction. According to their discussion, the act of cloning is considered a crime at the minimum by the government, but it seems this decision to go against this law was made by independent parts of the military.

If this is the case, it seems more likely that only the upper ranks of the military would know this secret, otherwise it would become a scandal. He was only a lieutenant before his current position, so it makes sense he wouldn’t have known prior if this were indeed the case.

@Kanol I guess the only issue is that the ejected sections were vaporized by atmospheric re-entry and it seems like while the ship can drop stuff planetside, there's no mechanism to return to the ship at the moment. Doesn't address the possibility of harvesting material from anyone who died from what would basically have been mass deceleration, but I guess the author wants to go with the ship AI having a thing for the MC.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone of them are glad that Alan has no special relation to any of them... at the moment lol

Dex-chan lover
I really like how cloning is a huge ethical breach in this chapter even if only briefly touched upon. Any moral or societal implications are usually handwaved away in lesser manga.

I also loved the scene where the princess and attendant are scolded for their lack of respect, amusing since earlier the shoe was on the other foot.

Fed-Kun's army
"Is there someone still making clones even now?"
"No."
"You are forbidden from making more clones!"

That 'no' should concern you, MC. It means she's produced enough clones to make up for the indicated lack of manpower. Sure she specifically mentioned clones 1 and 2, but just because she didn't bring up clones 3 through 72 doesn't mean they don't exist.

Double-page supporter
Idk why but I love the story pace, it's kinda slow but it's not that slow that can makes you feel bored.

Also logic and interaction between people in this manga are what 'normal otherworlder' I think would react. Everything had a base explanation and no exaggerated reaction like your usual isekai'd manga. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread