Kouchuugun Shikan Boukensha ni Naru - Vol. 6 Ch. 37 - Just the First Steps

Dex-chan lover
my theory is that the "god" or whatever can mess with Alan's nanom directly since his vision is enhanced by nanoms. Well either that or magic/occult.

Humans have been on this planet long enough, coming through space, to revert to "barbarism" as a medieval-ish society.
The Church does ...recognise.. a drone as a "celestial messenger" still, may be some Inner Circle top-secret church documents retaining the Myth of Times of Yore.
The apparition itself clearly hints as to what her actual nature is. IF you know your science fiction. The plot vehicle has been used by some very Big Name authors over the past century. And what she said is an A.C. Clarke quote.

And no, this isn't an Isekai.. This story is actually hard Science-Fantasy, with a lot of .....well-researched... ahem plot elements. I swear the author is channeling Jack Vance...

Fed-Kun's army
And no, this isn't an Isekai..
This is debatable. To my understanding "isekai" means "gone to another world". While in Japanese media often portrayed as reincarnation, afterlife, or summoning, to my understanding it isn't limited to those alone and shipwrecked should count too.

This story is actually hard Science-Fantasy
Visualisation don't match this. "Boob/bikini armor" is a major detriment, even if it is on top of other clothing.

Dex-chan lover
So... what's next, the gods are some ancient hyper advanced lost civilization, and mana is their version of nanomachines that has covered the entire planet?

Dex-chan lover
This is debatable. To my understanding "isekai" means "gone to another world". While in Japanese media often portrayed as reincarnation, afterlife, or summoning, to my understanding it isn't limited to those alone and shipwrecked should count too.
You have a point, since the story and style straddles both genres.
As many a librarian has wailed: "If writers would only keep to the Dewey Decimal System!!" ;)
Given the story so far , it would entirely depend on whether that lovely mystery lady is of natural (scientific) or supernatural origin. Since proper Isekai always has a supernatural component to it.
If my hunch is right, the story would be S-F, but since I don't read LN/WN and can't read moonrunes to save my life, I'll be dependent on our dear scanlators to see if I'm right or not.
Visualisation don't match this. "Boob/bikini armor" is a major detriment, even if it is on top of other clothing.
points at illustrations in SF/Fantasy since A.C.Doyle/Verne throughout the first and second feminist waves up to modern chick-lit

Ith Thradithion. Silly, but still Thradithion.. Male fantasy armor is just as insanely impractical.
And really.. There's a host of girls, even trained combatants, that like to prance around in that stuff. Makes boys need a chiropractor... And even though I'm getting on in age.. I ain't complaining. Makes for a nice show, including the devious grins of the ladies when one of the ..less experienced.. lads forgets to look where he walks... ;)

And in the end.. This is Entertainment, not a historical academic treatise.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you so much LHTranslations for picking this up. The author of the LN has been on radio silence for 2 years so it's nice to at least have this keep going for now.

Fed-Kun's army
And in the end.. This is Entertainment, not a historical academic treatise.
It don't need to be "a historical academic treatise" to look (almost) real.

For manga equivalents: Vagabond & Vinland Saga. For fantasy manga & anime: Goblin Slayer.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
i-heard-that.png

PM Burke: I HEARD THAT VOLKER, YOU'RE STANDING RIGHT OUTSIDE MY DOOR

Dex-chan lover
Wait a minute... i have seen this before

An space imperial getting stranded ans conquering a medieval world, becoming god king?

This is just every fucking stelaris science oficer!

Users who are viewing this thread