Kouritsu-Chuu Madoushi, Daini no Jinsei de Madou wo Kiwameru - Vol. 8 Ch. 48 - Beginning Of The End

Dex-chan lover
HAHAHA THE F*CKIN AUTHOR FORGOT THE WHOLE PLOT IN LESS THAN 50 CHAPTERS

(if ya also forget, read chap 1 again why mc nead reincarnated)

Dex-chan lover
Not to agree or disagree with all the hard core killers in the comments, but the association fucked this up. Locking him up for hard labor, fine. Executing him for his crimes, fine.

What you shouldn’t do is test out your pet summons, and give him an infinite amount of time to power up.

Reminds me of Theo Diggers fuck up with the Rat King. Mages are too smart for their own good.

@Serapheid i'm suspecting he didn't mean that the author of this manga in particular died, i think he invokes "Death of the Author" which is the modern approach to interpretation of (mainly literary) work.

What "Death of the Author" means is basically you don't examine the author's intentions, motivation, worldview, biography when examining his work and focus on what effect it has on the reader/viewer instead.

Dex-chan lover
that went from zero to "FUCK YOU, YOUR MOTHER, AND THAT RANDOM CHIHUAHUA" way too fast.

Dex-chan lover
@Dr_siegbert_dirk

Oh, that’s interesting. I never knew that line of thought had an actual term and definition for it. I simply knew there was that perspective.

While this is the case, it doesn’t guarantee that an author has no direct intention to their work. Either way, it’s agreeable that in a lot of cases it’s left to the reader/audience to interpret the work outside of their influence.

In this case, from that perspective, I still don’t see how the magic system is set in stone or that we’ve been given a clear standard for their magic. All we’ve been shown is how magic is done and not necessarily how it works in its entirety.

Sorry for the ramble, I know it’s not exactly you who started this particular discussion, but I didn’t wanna lose the line of thought.

So we are going to have the mc time travel back again, maybe do the same thing the other guy did or some how live threw all that and have Milly dead maybe more idk. I know the MC wont die just like that. Its pretty cool what just happened there. Not in a happy way but nothing too cliché like he fought the guy and almost wins but through the power of friend ship and love they win or someone steps in with some dumb trump card that can defeat anyone. From what just happened you ether got the power or not and obviously no one can do a thing to stop him. There's got to be a go back in time moment again. Can someone @ me and send me a link to the raws, I want to know MORE.

Aggregator gang
I'm still thinking about this and also about how the fucking likes on the OG website were SIX TIMES THE AMOUNT OF THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER.
Series wasn't going well so the author decided to axe it themselves, calling it right now.

I'm betting my penny on the use of that one gate to another world, if it's not re-reincarnation or timeline change (killing the guy).
It's definitely surprising but it spices things up a bit, I guess. I don't have much to say about the guy as rewriting his concept of magic and going past the mortal boundaries wouldn't be completely impossible, but killing the MC still is a weak motivation to hold on for thousands of years in absolute isolation.

@alidan
Then the story does a hard left turn and goes from their adventure to him trying to have a good life and we see the ripple. there is a korean webcomic that is doing something similar to this, I find it entertaining because the same set of people are generally left each round but a new way to 'win' happens each time.

what's this webcomic?

This is completely retarded, the only accurate take is from @Darkeen, but for everyone going bananas, then well consider someone wrote that this author likes this trope and more importantly this artist likes a slightly different trope.

In other words, go read Mismarca Keikoku Monogatari right now, since right now it seems like an actually well-written version of this story. You can also go read Wiruko, which is a prequel to Mismarca.

When you read those stories, at first, you will be extremely confused. You will complete their manga's and think, "But valconius, you lied, these are nothing like what I wanted." Ah, but my dear fellow member of the peanut gallery, that is why you must then start the Mismarca light novel from scratch, whence you will know true fantasy.

Except the light novel is not translated beyond where the Manga leaves off 😋

Behold, by pure accident, you have encountered the hidden greatest manga/ln trilogy ever told, and all it took was ungodly cruddy writing to get you here, read in the following order:

Wiruko: https://mangadex.org/title/1625/sentou-jousai-masurawo
Mismarca: https://mangadex.org/title/239/mismarca-koukoku-monogatari
Mismarca LN: It doesn't exist. It used to be translated in part somewhere, but that website with a dark background seems to have vanished. You can read partial translations in these ancient comments, but don't read them until you finished the manga: https://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/mismarca-koukoku-monogatari-r239

As an aside, that story seems to run along the lines of the Mongol invasion of Kwarezmia. Once the Kwarezmians were wiped out in the initial few engagements, a prince ran around the borders of the fallen polity trying to raise guerilla forces, but he was always countered by the Mongols who, contrary to popular belief, were most skilled in information gathering and pre-empting their enemies moves; on the fields, they were special, but not literal demon-level special, and the first battle against the Kwarezmians nearly ended in disaster. Indeed, the Mongols could have been checked at Kwarezmia had the rulers not been so literally and figuratively retarded that they virtually helped the Mongols conquer the country, even after two-thirds of the Mongol forces left following no more than the initial stage of the vast conflict. The prince, the only sane man, of this polity later retreats to India, where the Mongols fight him and nearly lose again, only to crush his detachment of some Indian king's force utterly. He falls into a river, never to be seen again... or maybe he fights the Mongols again elsewhere anonymously, who knows. Well, the point is, I think in the next chapter, there will be zero time travel, the Battleship Yamato will reappear as Zeff's familiar, and we'll finally get something that kinda looks like Mismarca, where
everything goes to shit, everyone backstabs everyone else, everything fucking dies, the fucking monsters were just holograms all along, the fucking world is just the crazy fever dream of an optimist from a thousand years ago gone wrong, Milly is dead permanently, and we finally encounter Punished Zeff who is literally responsible for everything bad that ever happened and turns out to also be a girl. The Yamato appeared because Zeff didn't use time travel, all he did was reboot the simulation and WW2 happened in the meantime, their entire world is running on a supercomputer on some secret Indonesian 10,000-year-old Cabal that incarnated their virtual reality into the real world, the Yamato didn't appear in his previous life and the mountain also didn't explode, it's just there because the real reason for WW2 was thar the Japanese Empire, the Soviet Union, Nazi Germany and the United States were all allies all along in an attempt to penetrate the claketech barries and defenses of this nascent Indo-Malayan hyperpower. Now Zeff must re-summon from the now-unguarded databanks of the Association the hyperbolic time spider to train himself into the entity that will destroy the Malaysian-thai-Mongol neo-empire and his own world and his harem in the process.

Why the hell would the author made such a character for what purpose I'm not mad I just don't understand

@Wyrm

I didn't have a problem with the "magic system" being completely broken by this character. Max levels and magic categories could be just some limit that people put on themselves due to a limited comprehension of "magic".

Among almost all the comments I read I found yours to be almost in perfect line whith my thought.
I say "almost" because, while I completely agree with you for the passage above, ...

But it's true that, if magic if based on knowledge alone, Zeff's levels shouldn't have "reset" when he went back in time. His flawed knowledge of magic could have then made him cap out at "max level" before realizing later on that there was more room to grow, potentially without limit at all.
Instead, we have a case where someone went back in time, getting his magic reset in the process when his knowledge transferred with him. "Magic is knowledge" would mean that the reset makes no sense.
...I don't quite agree with this.

I mean, from my personal point of view I think that what the autor means with "Magic is knowledge" is that during the X000 years in the mental prison the villain guy acquired enough knowledge that let him unlock a new kind of power (or that let him create a new magic system, ecc.... depending of how we want to interpret what it is the power he is using).
It's this kind of new power/system that lets him demonstrate its current prowess, and not the knowledge itself.

So the fact that Zeff had to restart from level 1 could possibly be because in the magic system he (and everyone else) uses it's not enough have the knowledge, but you have to train your body & acquire exp killing monster to raise your level, build up mana, ecc...
This could not be applicable to the new power/system the villain is using.
And his could also be one the reason why the "magic scope" showed all the measurements as "unreadable": maybe that is a power/system in which the concepts of levels, mana, ecc.. are not applicable.
As a matter of fact "magic scope" isn't an almighty divine tools/spell granted to the MC by some gods that let the user see everything about everything; it's a simple spell invented by a human who only knows the current magic system. It's plausible that spell cannot display information about a different system.

Let's make an example: there are a tons of manga/novel in which magic can be performed not only using the mana stored inside your body, but also absorbing & using the magic power present in the nature/atmosphere.
Usually the latter way is much more efficient than the former (like putting in comparison the capacity of the whole sea & a bucket of water).
We could possibly think that Zeff (& everybody else) knows only how to use the mana stored inside their body (& possibly they use the "magic lanes" to achieve this, so that you can't use magic anymore when destroyed).
Maybe the new power the villain is using as simple as "use/absorb the mana in the atmosphere to perform magic" so that he doesn't have to rely on his already destroyed magic lanes.
This could possibly explain why he can achieve such amazing results using basic level magic (he wiped out the association hq using what seems to be an elementary grade magic): because the source of power is not the measly bit of mana stored inside but the massive magic power of the atmosphere.
So, in this example, "magic scope" possibly cannot display the amount of mana of the target, because he is using an external source.

And this could (maybe) be achieved with only mental training as you only have to theorize & understand how to access the external source of magic power without having to train your physique to do it.

This is only an example, but I think there could be a lot more possible reasons as to way he became this powerful, but Zeff didn't retain his past life prowess.

Btw while I did not read the novel entirely, I went to check on alphapolis the synopsys of the single volumes and read some of the free chapters, and I'd like to point out that the manga is mixing together content from different volume & omitting others.
So it is completely possible that all of which we found to be inconsistent or BAD WRITING, is due to these changes and not because of the original work.

In particular, it seems that this chapter is a mix of content from volume 6 and volume 8.
Volume 7 hasn't been adapted at all (for now at least).
Also, the arc about the yamato battleship (from volume 5 in the novel) seems to have been rushed a lot in the manga.

The confrontation between Zeff & Grain is in volume 6, but it is located on an island where Zeff is doing a quest, not in the capital.
Volume 7 is about Zeff returning to his hometown (again because of a quest).
In volume 8 Zeff get the chance to challenge the "flame of flames" guy in the capital as a reward for completing another quest. This volume should be the setting of the current manga arc.

While I don't know if Grain obtained a new power in the novel as in the manga and if he will reappear after volume 6, I kind of think that the manga took a lot of liberties in the adaptation.

This is how their fight seems to have ended in volume 6 (but I don't guarantee 100% accuracy, cause I MTL the chapters so I could be wrong):
Reading the free chapters from volume 7 let me think Grain died at the end of volume 6.
Zeff seems to have won using some kind of magic of growing, possibly he let himself grow forcibly to reach his maximum magic potential & so defeat Grain. After that he went to sleep for 3 years (because of the recoil?) until finally Milly managed to wake him up.

Probably the manga editor wanted to finish early without axing the manga abruptly so they kind of mixed everything together to reach an end without leaving loose ends.
This probably will lead to a ending for this arc different than in the novel.

Oh and after volume 8 there actually is other content (ch 242 to 349) and it is free to read on alphapolis if you are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread