Kouritsu-Chuu Madoushi, Daini no Jinsei de Madou wo Kiwameru - Vol. 8 Ch. 48 - Beginning Of The End

Dex-chan lover
@degenerateafro
You make one point that is actually a problem.

I didn't have a problem with the "magic system" being completely broken by this character. Max levels and magic categories could be just some limit that people put on themselves due to a limited comprehension of "magic". Much like people in real-world history didn't know you could cure diseases with proper hygiene and medication, instead relying on prayers and blood-letting for who knows how long.

But it's true that, if magic if based on knowledge alone, Zeff's levels shouldn't have "reset" when he went back in time. His flawed knowledge of magic could have then made him cap out at "max level" before realizing later on that there was more room to grow, potentially without limit at all.
Instead, we have a case where someone went back in time, getting his magic reset in the process when his knowledge transferred with him. "Magic is knowledge" would mean that the reset makes no sense.

But that might be where the author wants to introduce something, which might also be a different solution to the predicament than resetting everything again...
Old Zeff and Young Zeff have been presented separately in several occasions, with both discussing things at times, so maybe the reset - or Young Zeff's subconscious - kept Old Zeff as a separate entity giving him useful knowledge from an external perspective... and he could now break the limits of his "potential" by merging both personas.

I would still call it a stretch though. The author would have needed to make it clear that Old Zeff and Young Zeff are two different characters, instead of just making it look like it could be just his way of monologuing.

Your point is definitely a problem in my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
lol this went absolutely garbage, I guess this adaptation wasn't selling enough so it'll get axed soon, or he will go back in time and we'll be at square 1 once again. Jesus, this is why Tensei/Isekai is looked down 99% of the time. These authors are so terrible at crafting stories.

went from decent to bullshit , no matter if he turns back time , reincarnate another time or gets a power up and kills the bad guy

Dex-chan lover
@Rin2k
Apparently vol 8, the final vol of the novel is releasing in november, and this is following the novel's ending, so it's apparently this bad in the novel too, oddly enough the WN goes on for alot longer though.

Earlier comments said that the manga is confirmed to end with the next chapter which releases in december, so yeah.

Dex-chan lover
I hate when these authors shove some forced guilt into a protagonist

like hell, the one who enables that guy is the freaking association why would MC need to felt guilty, i reckoned MC almost killed that dude for fuck sake.

Dex-chan lover
It's pretty obvious he manages to send his conciousness to his past self at the last moment as warning, that's how the series began after all.

Dex-chan lover
@Gandalfr one is Sylverie that was sleeping before the fight, and the other is this girl that workes for the association (azalea)

That's why kid, you properly finish your enemies and don't leave them any chance for them to bite you back, even if it is 0.00000000..........0.....0....0...1.

I doubt there will be somehow someone stronger than Raven... So the best bet is that he goes back in time. The thing that scares me is if Raven manages to copy Zef's magic... Then we'd have the worst possible enemy, and all because Zef wanted to change his own fate

Fed-Kun's army
@Kirche
No, this is all because that association tried to meddle with something they had no business with.
Azalea should have just let Zeff kill him, he had ever right to.
The Association should have rightfully sentenced him to death.

Dex-chan lover
@Tych I didn't say anything about Frieza mastering golden form, he just didn't attain it in Hell, he attained it after training for a month after being revived.

The author forgot the rules he set for his magic system, forgot how level and mana works, forgot that the mc should be as strong as his past self if this bs was possible.

Dex-chan lover
@mago_goo

You can't single-mindedly focusing on your grudged AND researching at the same time, not for a pronged time, and surely not for X000 years. Given enough time, thoughts escapes, grudges washes away, names and faces forgotten. That's just how it is, and that's what Occam's Razor demands.

That’s not necessarily true since it can’t be proven at all due to the fact that no one lives that long. From what we understand, all we mostly have are theories pertaining to the most likely outcome when it comes to the mind being exposed to an indefinite amount of time.

And also, I’m not sure if you know, but Occam's razor is not considered an irrefutable principle of logic or a scientific result, in other words, just because he shouldn’t, doesn’t mean he couldn’t. It only defines the most likely and simple outcome is the most logical result. Azalea thought the same thing when she sent his mind to time prison but got the current results.

Whatcha talking about? I'm not talking about the guy's actual competency, or whether his determination is quantifiable.
It's about how his action isn't consistent with his character.

I see, I misunderstood since it seemed like that was what was being talked about. The problem is that we only know the surface of his character. That’s why all we can judge is what we see at face value. Humans are inherently unpredictable and unknowingly capable so there’s really no way to judge what he can or can’t do.

Oh sure, the author is immune to complaints because he decides how his world's works and can change the rule anytime he wishes, huh?
Breaking news, buddy, the author is dead. A work's world should only be judged by information from within that works.
And what just happens contradicts the information already established. That's some serious hit to the credibility of the world.

It’s fine to complain about it, but I still think we shouldn’t view the author’s world with our own idea/understanding of logic. Especially one that has magic.

I don’t see how the author being dead or alive has any bearing on how their world works, but I do agree a work's world should only be judged by information from within that works.

However, because of that, the impact that he was able to defy such logic makes the shock factor to the natives that much greater. It’s a world of magic, so how can it be defined by one system of magic? Why can’t there be more mays to cast magic? If there’s one system, that only means someone discovered a system and proliferated it, making it the norm. Because it’s the norm, there’s no need to put effort into finding another way to do it. That doesn’t mean only one system can exist.

Sure it makes the world seem more superfluous, but the fact that the MC can already go back in time to redo his life has already put the world’s metaphysical laws on a questionable standpoint. Someone capable of withstanding thousands of years of mental degradation to create a new system of magic doesn’t really add much more to it.

I’m also not gonna bother quoting the last one since it was my misunderstanding. I thought you were emphasizing it was illogical and all that sort and I agree it’s of no consequence, but I think such small details give it more substance.

lmao does this get the axe in like 2 chapters...?

Wtf is this. MC will solve problem w/ some BS time shit and we'll be angry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread