Koushaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta node, Mental Otome na Ore wa, Zenryoku de Onnanoko wo Tanoshimimasu - Ch. 12.1 - Despairing of my hobbies, I …

Dex-chan lover
There isn't an ounce of manliness left in this girl. :meguusmug:
I mean the title and bio straight up says the MC was always a women trapped in a man's body... and Japan doesn't really have many legal protections for gay people much less transgender people. Hell, a quick google search informed me that up until October of last year transgender people were sterilized as part of the transition which is just awful. Luckily it seems that during covid awareness for it was ramped up a lot and public opinion is in favor of LGBT rights (same sex marriage is still fighting a rocky battle)

Dex-chan lover
I was getting invested when it was cut off. It's actually been fun learning about sewing in this manga.

Dex-chan lover
Easy to sew... compared to what? Getting those not-quite-spherical shapes right isn't easy. And some of those shapes are just as complex as normal plushies.

Elicca seems like someone who knows the value of casting fist. Her design looks like a mish-mash of several cultures.

Not sure how she can rationalise that BL is so much more acceptable than yuri or bara... Sure got some kind of goggles on.

Also how do they produce things like scissors and lead pencils?
This series look like it's late Renaissance. Scissors are time-appropriate for that. They've existed for ages, including the "modern" design with two blades joined with a screw. Pencils of that shape are probably Industrial, though, which seems a bit late, but considering it's a fantasy world, it's close enough.

Dex-chan lover
This series look like it's late Renaissance. Scissors are time-appropriate for that. They've existed for ages, including the "modern" design with two blades joined with a screw. Pencils of that shape are probably Industrial, though, which seems a bit late, but considering it's a fantasy world, it's close enough.
There's some sort of coating on the handles of the scissors. That should also be possible starting from industrial era.

Dex-chan lover
I mean the title and bio straight up says the MC was always a women trapped in a man's body... and Japan doesn't really have many legal protections for gay people much less transgender people. Hell, a quick google search informed me that up until October of last year transgender people were sterilized as part of the transition which is just awful. Luckily it seems that during covid awareness for it was ramped up a lot and public opinion is in favor of LGBT rights (same sex marriage is still fighting a rocky battle)
This chapter suggests that he was not just a woman in a mans body though. But actually additionally also into men. Which is sad, would much have preferred if any future romance sub-plot ended up being yuri (as a result of him genderbending to girl) and all men been ignored (by mangaka) in favour of CGDCT.

Contributor
This chapter suggests that he was not just a woman in a mans body though. But actually additionally also into men. Which is sad, would much have preferred if any future romance sub-plot ended up being yuri (as a result of him genderbending to girl) and all men been ignored (by mangaka) in favour of CGDCT.
Bisexuality exists, though.

Dex-chan lover
Bisexuality exists, though.
Yes? I never stated otherwise. Not sure if you know this, but a bisexual person might like men, and if the romance subplot involves men then all men aren't ignored by author.
edit: Or are you suggesting author will provide me with my CGDCT-fix anyway, by somehow making mc avoid arranged marriages without being able to wall it out with such a strong plot-point to deny them? I guess that is possible, but would feel a bit unrealistic.

Dex-chan lover
Yep. Until late 2023... trans people WERE sterilized in that way. And you're right, it's all the way effed up. And it's a small miracle that horrid law got repealed.

... I feel like mentioning, though, early 2023 Japan suddenly got introduced to a smash hit anime in the form of Onimai, topping Nico's charts and BluRay sales. Onimai is not a new face to anyone on Mangadex or OG Batoto's gender bend scene.

This is why everything you do and love matters. Don't ever discount it. The thing you love, why you love it or even you yourself for loving it. You matter, the things you love matter and so will all be important to the future of our world. The sooner you realize you matter the sooner you can refute lies to the contrary and make that fact mean someting.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Come on! I want Bara for the knights, not some fruity BL crap.

Also, @LGBT discussion. I resent the idea that having feminine interests makes you trans. All I see is that he likes feminine things and wishes it was more acceptable to have them. Nothing about him being uncomfortable in his own body or having any kind of dysphoria. Conflating the two is pretty shitty, reducing gender to aesthetics.

Users who are viewing this thread