Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami - Vol. 7 Ch. 53

Dex-chan lover
I had also forgotten who Van was, although I guessed, since he was a known character, that he was indeed the pope's son since, well, he would be the only one with a reason to see Iris. His status has directly been affected by Iris' trial (which intended to frame Iris, was initiated by the Church following instructions from their faction). Comments have confirmed this. :)

I wonder what he wants. Iris has exposed the Pope's corruption and there is no undoing that. His status will not be restored. Furthermore their faction is still pressuring Armelia through tariffs, so while the Church has been taken out of the equation, the power struggle is still ongoing. If he's trying to talk to Iris, I'm guessing that it is because he has found no support from his former comrades and has finally realized the true nature of their "friendship". He may have decided that the only way to restore himself, and perhaps dispense some retribution, would be to join Iris. However, perhaps he's simply being used as a spy since he has a believable reason (loss of support from his former comrades leading to revenge) for joining Iris. Yuri has managed to ensnare the hearts of several men, so I would expect she understands that if she starts ignoring someone who has become useless, it sends a strong message to the others that her "love" is based on their value. (Then again, who is left to fool exactly? Berne left a long time ago, Edward is a moron, Van has been expelled from their circle, and I can't recall the last one, but wasn't he being disciplined or something?)

Pope's son - dad why am i named Van
Pope - cause its my fav vehicle
Pope's son - why?
Pope - " distant pedo noises "

Tanya best girl! I wish I could have a friend like her and Dida: those two really make a nice pair 🤣🤣🤣 And although Dida looks like an easy going person, he's the one that "gives Iris what she needs, not what she wants"

And what, did Van come to beg for his daddy to be released? With what right if it was the old geezer the one that started all because of his greed? That's laughable. And after the treatment they gave her to Iris in school this brat is so shameless to show his face in front of her? HA! I wish Tanya would have stabbed him by throwing her knives when she heard the rustle: act first and ask later (tho with these guys the last part won't ever happen)

Wholesome convo love it. When is dean going to reveal his identity? Isn’t it strange that he’s her “partner/right hand” and she barely knows him

Group Leader
I get the feeling that the art’s quality is decreasing.... They were a few errors here and there, especially the face proportions. It’s sad because this manga used to have beautiful art in its first few chapters...

Dex-chan lover
If the fates of the capture targets from the WN haven’t changed going to LN. You guys are going to love this.

For those who want spoilers from WN’s take of their fates.

Let’s start with Van here.
He’s an idiot through and through. He first tries to get Iris to endorse him or something back into the church. Since his dad the former Pope was found to be corrupt and such, they treat him the same way. In the end, he tries to bring down Iris through a certain event and ends up arrested being one of the conspirators. He dies by poisoned wine, whether he drinks it voluntarily or not.

Dorsen the idiot knight wannabe.
After a few talks with Iris and his attempts at changing himself. He still falls flat on his face. He ends up banished from his family, and his fate is unknown afterwards.

Her brother Bern.
Bern goes through the best changes to his character throughout the story. After somewhat reconciling with Iris, he is acting as the ears for his dad and grandfather in order to prevent the other side from doing stupid things, like disband military. Eventually a famine happens that causes the most drastic change to his character. He encounters a child starving to death or already died from starvation and sees how corrupt many nobles are compared to how his sister does things. He eventually teams up with Dean and they take down the Second Prince faction, the Second Prince Ed and the Queen. Bern ends up being a bit more cold-hearted due to his seeing “hell” He works hard for the royalty from this point on.

Second Prince Ed, the blind dumb idiot
Out of all the capture targets, Ed is so blind by his love for Yuri that he loses his position as prince. Ed and his mother try to attack Iris and her fief again by forcing them to give up supplies during a massive famine. Dean intervenes and takes back power. The Second Prince faction is basically arrested and Yuri is also arrested too. Ed attempts to free Yuri with the help of a noble who hasn’t been arrested yet. Ed dies protecting Yuri from being stabbed. He dies so blinded by love that he never knew Yuri was just using him. He was fated to die anyway, to be killed either by Dean by execution, but Leti wanted him to die sooner somehow in order to prevent Ed being some kind of puppet icon for a rebellion/civil war.

To add to @hayatekanzaki:

Dorsen the idiot knight wannabe.
He is also involved in the same event Van is, though not as a conspirator. While Iris lets him go, Divan (Yuri's handler) later tells her he's "been taken care of".

Her brother Bern.
He marries Leti. She proposed to him. (They met before he was aware she was actually the princess.)

The subplot they discussed in pages 20-21 was actually handled by Iris herself in the WN.

She approaches the owner's heir after Tanya investigates him, invites him into the mansion, and asks for his cooperation. She offers to treat his younger brother's illness. Then she approaches the current company president. (He had tricked the heir (a kid at the time) into hiding after his father's death, fired the employees loyal to the father, then had the heir thrown out when he tried to take the company back.) During the "meeting", Iris makes the president sweat a bit, then informs him she had basically reinstated the heir, and made the now ex-president personally liable for paying the company's debts. End is the same as before, the Azuta company will sell their products under his company's name to avoid tariffs. Iris also somewhat sympathizes with the heir, seeing his distrust of people after his betrayal mirroring her own.

I only managed to reach this part and a few 2-3 more chapters on the translated WN a year or two ago. (Since the translation was so bad it hurts my brain trying to unsmderstand everything)

And Imm happy I’m able to see it in the manga. I’m still glossin over the expositions but it’s so nice to see the story moving again.

Thank you for updating!

Group Leader
Is Van the son of priest? The Ed prince gang. The angle is kinda weird but the name ring the bell.

Users who are viewing this thread