Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami

@ispcizero3rd what did it in for me was the weird mismatch between the fingers and hands and the faces
Also, expressions make no sense, there is little continuity between scenes in regards to clothing style and shape
Its just bad art from the get go
But when it was just the clothes I could ignore it, but the facial expressions degraded too :(

@Yae14 well the groups I have worked with had the 3 months deal
Well who cares now,
they updated a chapter
And if the want help the door is open

Supporter
I really wonder why this is an isekai. It adds absolutely nothing to the story and doesn't seem to have any meaningful impact on how the main character acts, other than gaining infinite business knowledge. The fact that she gets summoned to another world and never ever reflects on what's happening absolutely kills my immersion.

if wasn't a isekai she would never be able to make the reforms she did. Theres a huge aplication of moderm economic here

Jesus christ it's hard to handle the constant liberal capitalist propaganda. Can't authors use a bit more creativity with their copy paste isekai trash?
Also this should be labelled josei rather than seinen demographic due to the cute pretty bois with long hair.

looks like the communist is salty about the liberal capitalist economy class this manga is doing. Just remember that japan have a huge intervencionist state, a model like singapure must be a dream to those japanese working 12 hours of no paid overtime

@shitboy Rant, I'm going to rant. I'm dumb, ik.
Majority of the isekai mangas/manhwas/manhuas pretty much follow what you said. Quite frankly, I'm more surprised that someone actually pointed it out. It's an ongoing trend where, especially in manhuas (ugh), they begin with a completely normal MC fully adapted to a modern society, getting transported to an entirely different world. Not only are they fully adapted to this new world's language, social interactions, new species and all that jazz, they act completely sane considering the fact that they just abandoned, against their will, their original family members and friends, all. In. One. Chapter.

Don't even get me started with romance isekais. Sure, some of the new surge of isekai manhwas aren't entirely bad, they're enjoyable to read. But why label it as isekai, when the MC mentions not a single thing throughout her entire journey about her past life? No reminiscence? No urge to go back? No "I don't really belong here" kind of trope the MC should go through? It's fine if the MC is a strong and independent woman who can adapt to any place like a weed, but you don't just settle into life right through the getgo without going through some difficulties in adapting first. I feel like the only reason why it's labelled as isekai in the first place, is to give the MC a flimsy and lazy reason to be 'different, like no other girl'. That "she's able to talk back to a noble because she was from a modern world where women lives with freedom". "Oh, she has no eating etiquette and loves to read books because sHe'S a MOdERn GIRl." That, despite previously being a lady with a 9 to 5 boring office job, she was able to gain this newfound courage and knowledge on talking smack to the duchess, evil princess or whatever.

Honest to god, I wouldn't mind if someone wrote an isekai story that begins with the MC being weak willed and no guts. Or the MC being a completely normal girl, naturally frightened and scared. But so what? Isn't that what character development is for? I want to be drawn towards the characters, to adore them. To enjoy reading each and every one of their dialogue. To see them improve. I don't want to read another manhwa that's going to start off with the MC flipping her fingers off to the entire aristocratic society, while riding on her golden horse with her fake sword next to her prince charming that conveniently saves her each and every time. Like, no. If she's just gonna be another quirky MC that every character in the book adores, I'm good. What, no. I already read this. No, I don't care if the title and description is different.

I'd like to also mention how, even if I enjoyed some of the isekai manhwas, NONE of the ML were interesting. By God, every one of those expressionless black-haired handsome macho man is exactly the same. They're all the same. Holy fuck. As long as they're rich, handsome, either have black/white/blonde/white hair, adores and ONLY smiles at the MC, they're qualified. Bingo bango bango. No specific personality, hobby, nothing. Nada. If I don't stop wasting my time reading these out of mere curiosity (even when all of them are predictable as hell), I might just shit myself, eat the shit, and go insane.

Supporter
@BonFkingBon
Hard agree on everything you just said. Guess we both read too much trashy isekai, huh?

They're kind of addictive though, despite the fact that every single one has the exact same tropes and characters. Would be cool if there was one that broke the mold a bit.

@shitboy

Yeah. It's like a sweet spot. I enjoy the cute and quirky moments between the MC and ML, despite reading millions of those old and recycled scenes. But, nothing can beat a story that has characters that sticks to the readers. Out of all the manhwas I've read so far, not a single one was memorable. I find it a bit sad, considering how some of them have amazing artwork that yells hours of hard work put into it. May sound cocky, but wasted potential. That's how I see it.

Double-page supporter
@shitboy
@BonFkingBon
My favorite new isekai (mini) trend is the MC turning into something not human. They tend to avoid the more typical isekai pitfalls.

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? (girl > spider)
Tensei Shitara Dragon no Tamago Datta - Saikyou Igai Mezasa Nee (dude > dragon-egg)
S-Rank Monster no Behemoth Dakedo, Neko to Machigawarete Erufu Musume no Kishi (Pet) Toshite Kurashitemasu (dude > cat)
Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita (dude > sword)

Honorable mention to Yakuza Reincarnation (Yakuza boss > princess) despite not sticking to the premise of those above, it's just great in its own way.

Users who are viewing this thread