Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear - Vol. 3 Ch. 30

Dex-chan lover
so they named "cIuckers" because how the author interpret chicken's voice, huh?

Dex-chan lover
Yup, so far this isekai series is my favorite. But I do want the embezzlement brought to light quickly.

Okay everyone, say it together with me. 1, 2, 3! Child labor ahoy!

The orphanage lady playing shingeki no kyojin theme in the background

Dex-chan lover
@welcome2atlantis
these birdies look vicious
Indeed. Presumably Yuna has planned accordingly. I'm curious as to whether some of the cluckers will be slaughtered for meat, or they will all be simply used to produced eggs. In the latter case, it should be far easier for the children and teachers to manage the cluckers. With feed, the birds can be drawn away from one chamber and into another, allowing eggs to be harvested and the chamber to be cleaned.

Dex-chan lover
@nachtness
so they named “cIuckers” because how the author interpret chicken's voice, huh?
Well, I've not seen the original Japanese that the translator is converting to “clucker”, but it's a fair guess that the translation is of a term meaning that which produces clucks.

Etymologists believe that “chicken” and words related to it are ultimately derived from a word in imitation of the sound made by male birds such as roosters. The idea that these chicken-analogues should be named in similar fashion is very reasonable.

(The Japanese for chicken is “chikin”.)

Fed-Kun's army
but why aren't the walls bear shaped? this is so unrealistic smh my head

Dex-chan lover
@Iamnormal

Hah!

Well, the walls will be weaker for not being bear-shaped, but just how powerful do you think those cluckers to be?

The walls around the village ought to have been bear-shaped. Unless I'm forgetting something, they weren't.

Imagine being an archeologist a few thousands years after, and found stone slabs with bear carving hidden here and there without any explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread