Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear - Vol. 4 Ch. 39.5

Dex-chan lover
@Hollow7F

menny thanks for the pictures, made it a lot easier to visualize.
i went back and looked over the designs abit on the novel / manga and....
im going to follow the order if you dont mind, i have a few things i want to mention....

Maou:
yeah the longer hair was a bit out of left field, im not 100 % sure why that was a thing, they also removed his slit pupils making him look more human then he originally did.

Aku:
she is pretty much the same other then a small design change to the cloths and longer hair just like Maou.
The Manga artist must have liked long hair becouse the hair lenght is really the biggest diffrence on her and maou.
There is quite a few characters with longer hair but Maou and Aku are by far the most noticeable.
But to be fair she is super generic ( witch is the point as she is a poor village girl from the middle of nowhere )
So its not really that much you can mess up.

The Sisters:

Luna is made to look more generic / more like her oldest sister because of censorship.
The cross symbol is removed from all 3 sisters ( and the cross shaped scar from zero too ) because it can have multiple meanings in japan , a few being taboo, wrong, death etc etc....
So cross symbols is really hard to get away with in japanese anime.
( fun fact it's also technically illegal to use red crosses on health items in video games, not really relevant but its a cross and i thought it was interesting )

Her skirt was made a lot longer because short skirts and no pants are a big no no aswell, can't have people looking up her skirt now can we......
Her rework likely comes from the fact they did not want to spend the time / money of a good rework to fit her character.
Not when a generic priest outfit works just as good for people who don't know the original look.
Luna also suffers from the anime format because she have really strong borderlines or whatever its called witch is why her expressions are not as good like you said.
But i would say that is not because of the rework, it's because of the artstyle.

As for Killer queen i agree i like her new look more too.
Other then the cross being removed, they also removed her chain but gave her a braid and a smaller choker necklace instead.... why ? no idea....
The cloths rework unlike her younger sisters make her look more unique as she is pretty generic in the original novel.
As for the weapon yeah, i cant give a good reason for it being removed... its not like Oni clubs (Kanabō ) are something taboo, even if it's unnecessary brutal with the long spikes.
Its a shame it was removed as the club itself have become somewhat of a symbol for really strong cretures and people.
The club being removed is my biggest gripe with the anime reworks but honestly i never actually noticed it being removed untill now....
Somehow...

they seem to have changed her outfit to fit the manga in the reprint of the novel btw ( not that i read any of them i just found pictures from it )

The oldest sister also had a pretty small rework and it makes her looks even more like a princess in the anime then she already did.

Old outfit that shares a theme with the old Killer queen outfit aswell as Luna´s

New outfit just makes her look like a princess then she already did

Going back to Zero....

Thinking back i actually notised the fluffy collar in the anime but i chucked the rest off the rework to a change in artstyle...
looking at them side by side now however.... yeah its alot more then that...
Now he looks more like a heroic martial artist than a Yakuza member....
If that's better or worse is going to be a matter of taste, But I liked the older version more.

As for the adventurers:
The girl got slapped by the fanservice hammer is all i can say really, not a fan....
the mage is pretty much the same.

Dex-chan lover
@Madologist - Average Girl was... average. It kind of resembled old-school fantasy comedies like Slayers, but did not feel particularly enjoyable.
I guess with more artistic approach, better director or something it could have shined, but it did not.
Or maybe I am just too old for it.

Dex-chan lover
no bear print on her bumb

@Goldenzeal must be hard to do addition without using +

@Hollow7F Kinda of the reason I gave upon anime that and how much more time consuming anime is especially if it isn't dubbed. A lot of animes are lack luster anyways considering a lot of them don't put a lot of effort into fight scenes, scene design and drawing quality

@Hollow7F
No need to explain everything when you could google it, like Maou Sama Retry fandom, everything is here
https://demon-lord-retry.fandom.com/wiki/Mikan

le3

Dex-chan lover
Welcome back @kumakumaku ~
Wonder if you guys gonna collab with FaG scans I dunno

I'm really excited when the anime were announced, and now I'm anxious knowing it will be anime original.....
Well if they stick to sol feel like in the original work it will be fine I think.....

Dex-chan lover
I know I should be excited about the anime, but TBH I'm not. Most of the times the manga gets dropped... and that ain't fun.

here we go again... 😑
lately the anime adaption quality is so shitty that it's unbearable to watch...
hopefully it's not gonna happen to this series

Dex-chan lover
@Nightwave The anime studios are all pretty overbooked lately, and their budgets don't really get any bigger despite that. Then they gotta try to fit weird amounts of novel volumes into 12 or so episodes. It's practically a miracle that most of these isekai type deals haven't been adapted worse than they were for animation I suppose.

@eng1 oh yeah, I must have poor taste for not liking an OP protag in a different world for the 1000th time. The only thing even slightly original about this is that she gives people sustainable help. It's a very average, unoriginal story, with no stakes at best. But yeah I must have poor taste for enjoying an original story that could've been great given 40 chapters

Dex-chan lover
@Nikosgarofola first of all, kuma kuma bear predates 99% of isekais, so judging it based on simply other isekais existing is flawed.

Second of all, the genre of this is light comedy fluff. Not everything is about having things at stake. That is like complaining about comedies lacking drama or drama lacking comedy.

Third of all, even with all the isekais out there, how many have an op female mc who doesnt become useless the moment male characters show up nor a perfectionist at everything and cold hearted?

@eng1 what is it about these days that makes people think stories with female leads are new or better. It's so weird. Men can relate to women and vice versa. An original character is an original character. Here's some female led isekai just off the top of my head
In another world im called the black healer
Hozuki no gekokujou
GYARU tensei
I'm sure there are hundreds more
Either way she is a op isekai protag. Unoriginal as it gets. And by predates do you mean it has an older light novel? Cuz if not you're just wrong

Dex-chan lover
@Nikosgarofola I am pretty sure I set more requirements than simply female lead. I asked for OP female leads who are OP, can hold their own without a male char and isnt cold hearted.

Bookworm is op, but she is completely useless without others. Didnt read gyaru tensei but the tags dont make it seem like it meets the criteria.

And yes, i am talking about the web novel (before even light novel). It is one of the early modern isekai works.

AFAIK there weren't big changes compared to manga, still i haven't read the LN

Users who are viewing this thread