Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear

Double-page supporter
I know japanese and I can confirm the translation in this chapter is a solid 10/10
just think of it as a low quality release

Double-page supporter
Really, there are pranks and "pranks" but this is pure bitch move and in a bad meaning :(

Double-page supporter
I don't know why so many people are so uptight about it, but I found the the April Fools joke to be amusing. Thanks for that!

Double-page supporter
Its hilarious seeing this many people get angry over an AF's joke.

If you read a lot, you've got like at least 10 of those jokes.
Nothing to get angry over but it is annoying, I can understand why people are typing something about it.

Supporter
Certainly, the April Fool's joke could have been executed a bit better, but people need to chill out and not be so entitled. Kuma Translations works hard to bring us entertainment, why get mad when they try to have some fun on the one day of the year designated for this kind of stuff?

Most April Fool joke content was cool back in my high school days, when Y2K was a made a big deal and the like. I was a rather new experience back the since the net as we know it was still forming.

But after many years? It's grown tiring, trying parse through legit content on April 1st. And a lot of the time the humour falls flat (not that the jokes back in the day were always a knee slapper, internet April's Fool was still relatively new at the time so we gave it a pass).

if it was just Kuma, then the "entitled reader" argument would hold more water, but it's not just them and not just mangadex content people had to sift through all throughout the day.

Myself, I largely didn't surf today and crossed my fingers hoping I didn't miss content I actually cared for, because I couldn't be arsed anymore to deal with every tom, richard and harry and their "jokes".

I get that people want to be silly on April 1st. But there are good and bad ways to do it.

YouTuber Binging with Babbish did it right: a goofy episode where he made from scratch doughnuts... Pokemon's Brock's traditional 4kids Japanese doughnuts, which was jelly-filled doughnuts shaped like onigiri, given a glaze and a coconut coating to look like a riceball and some green marzipan "seaweed". It was silly, but still an actual and entertaining episode with thought put into it, with a note stating he'll cover actual onigiri instead of his facsimile in the next video.

I dunno if I've just become a curmudgeon after passing 30, but an entire day of low effort shitposts across the entirety of the net is more annoying than anything.

All these people complaining about a 4/1 joke chapter and here I am late to the party wishing I got to read it...

Also these guys should notice that the group they're bashing has done translations for this series for a whole year now. A year's worth of thankless effort and you can't even let them make one joke on a day when it's expected? Damn.

People so upset about silly stuff. You just had to wait a day or two for them to release the proper chapter and now you ruined their urge to do it in general.

Thanks for the uploaderinos, bear people.

The joke chapter was a real translation, just without the high quality, so i have no idea why people complained about it

I peeked at the new chapter and we finally get a visual of the horror of Bear Fire in all its cute angry glory. RIP snek.

Dex-chan lover
@Juslin @Sareg @Exophaze
yeah you guys may say 'it's just a joke'.. maybe for you who only read this one manga..
but to people like me who read a lot of manga.. i myself encountered 10 of these mother fucking april fool bs..
(2 of them didn't do it.. thank you very much).. total of 12 updates for my followed manga that time..
some of them are outright shitposting.. not even remotely funny..
so you still think it's funny?

(ohh yeah not to mention youtube channels that i subbed are doing this shit too.. they got massive dislike tho..)

Plot is overrated.
Power Balance is for fools.
It works because there are bears.

This is a story of a monster smacker teenager bear, accompanied by two diabetes inducing furry, conquering lolis all around the world using cute costume and sweets - yet (thankfully?) stayed PG13.

Users who are viewing this thread