Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear

In the last chapter they had a memo telling everyone that the manga had been licensed and that they were going to drop it. Also mentioned they would delete all of the chapters on November 1st.

Dex-chan lover
For those those don't know, the translator for Kuma Translation (the name of the "scanlation group" of the deleted chapters), was also the translator for the web novel. (As far as I can recall)

Because both the light novel and manga were licensed, they've dropped the web novel and manga like any group would in order to support the series they like. No scanlator "drama" here.
Yes it sucks for us all, especially considering we're not getting anything official until mid 2020, but that's how it is whenever a series gets licensed and the translators care enough about it to give it up.

Good reason or no, dropped and lowered rating to 1 star.
I am rating it for what is available, not how good it is.
A manga with all it's chapters taken down because of a licensing thus leaving nothing but 1 chapter to read is terrible.
So 1 star.
Why give a good rating for no content?
A shame that the manga was good.

To counteract the fool who rated it 1 star because it was dropped, i rate this a 10 star (tho it deserves a 8 for me). It was wholesome and fun, im glad it became popular enough to get licensed for the States and i can’t wait for it!

However, There seems to be fools who think that it isnt justified that they took down the manga down, now they are going to go somewhere else to read up on it, that the translators are stupid and bad for doing this to the readers... Considering how much money the authors and artist lose from piracy, it fascinates me that people think they have a right to things they never owned and being blatant about how justified they are for trashing the scanlators who chose to stop continuing this project. To continue reading it somewhere else because “well fuck u guys, why should i stop reading it? All ur doing is making us readers go somewhere else 4 it... da fuq u removed it??” Really? You guys are that entitled?

Eh, fuck you guys.

Leave this site and never come back (knowing full well that you wont because youre a bunch of hypocrites). Have the decency to support what you like with your wallet or if not at least have the decency to respect the translators choice to stop and remove it. Fucking pathetic parasitic worms, its like them to know what they want, but not how much harm they do.

Group Leader
Instead of removing everything, they could just have stopped scanlating it.
People who came here to read it may have bought the official once they found it interesting, now they'll just go back to the "good" old aggregators and read the official scans there. Welp, that's my opinion, they have theirs and I respect it, but I don't think it serves the purpose the scanlator thought of.

Double-page supporter
Guys make it a reason, the team that took care of it has removed the chapters.
Nothing can be done, I find it useless to insult each other.
Try to use your brain and clean your mouth before insulting others heavily.
Don't forget that nothing is free, if you keep it online you will find the chapters in the original language very well.

Dex-chan lover
Will we get an upload after the official license sell the volume up to the latest chapter ?

She is one of the best MCs that we got on any isekai. She is quirky but not cringe worth. I like it.

*is it just me? or do i feel like one of the orphans begging "please sir may i have more?" Oliver Twist style....

in my opinion, the scanlators are trying to do the right thing , unfortunately the wrong way.
the best thing to do would have been to leave at least the first 5 chapters, then add notes and links to the authors licensed page (or site) at the end of each chapter.
that way the readers can read enough to either get invested in the work, then decide to support the work, or if they don't like it , drop it.

after all, there were many people that didn't like this manga ( based on the rating graph), and others that would have just skipped over it.
the rest would have no problems donating some cash to keep the manga going.

(eg: i'd seen dungeon meshi a lot , but wasn't interested in a foodie fantasy, so i ignored it for a while, but because it kept popping up, i decided to take a look and ended up loving it eventually but i still don't like the beginning chapters.
the same thing happened with the berserk 90's anime.
the first episode was playing in the background as i worked, but i assumed it was some fist o the north star/Conan wannabe, at some point i started noting it was actually really good during the flash back to the 'band of the hawk/golden age' maybe ep. 3 or 4, i don't remember by the middle of it i was hooked,......i still don't know what to think about that finale though
it was hinted @ since the beginning but still...)

Dex-chan lover
Piracy rules: Artificial scarcity or not, those that will buy, will buy, those that won't, won't.
All that removing the chapters did is just giving a middle finger to the users of the site.

But honestly, chapters gets removed from this more often than not that it's hard to really still care. Thank god for aggregator sites for the archiving scanlation.

i have no sympathy for anyone but the author when it comes to money. im not gonna pretend im morally right for not purchasing the stuff but i also again have zero concern for anyone but the author getting their money.

Licensees pay good money to the original publisher in order to exclusively reprint a licensed product in a language different than the original one. Scanlation - regardless of how we many feel on the subject - directly impacts the licensee's ability to make a profit on their investment to the original publisher. For every scanlation reader who can HONESTLY say they buy the title when it becomes available (and I estimate there might be three people on the face of this Earth who can HONESTLY make that claim), there are 1,000's of readers who say, "I already read that title, why should I buy it now?" That's a significant loss of revenue for the licensee and significant incentive for the licensee to shutdown unauthorized publication of the work THEY paid the license for. And yes, printing something on the internet is a form of "publication".

While it impacts my reading, I understand their point of view completely.

Double-page supporter
Manga started out very cool, but imo it got boring around chapter 15-20, i guess you cant really keep cheat-ability-isekais interesting for long

Group Leader
well i have all the missing chapters but i'm not sure if i would get in trouble if i uploaded them and plus i'm sure mangadex still has them in a back up of the archive

Users who are viewing this thread