Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Vol. 7 Ch. 35.1

Contributor
It's pretty cool to see things from the other side.
It seems like they recognize they attacked first so perhaps reconciliation is possible.

AND THATS WHY YOU DONT SUDDENLY ATTACK A MONSTER IF IT DOESNT ATTACK FIRST, no matter how scared you are

Fed-Kun's army
@boag yeah, i can still enjoy it up to this point but...
i really hate it when the author cut the war arc in elf city to go on a lengthy flashback leading all the way to that war

i understand that the author plan to confuse us by making us think kumoko and the hero's timeline overlaps then drop the plot twist that they were actually some years apart, but it's a huge let down and a hella mess because the author picked the wrong time to go into full flashback mode
just burn the elf bastards up first before doing the damn flashback

@Kaarme well the mage and summoner could have tried since only they knew how powerful it truely was, but loooking at how the soldiers just suddenyl attacked without being ordered too i doubt they wouldve been successful.

@Darkion
The CG doens't look too bad Kumo is decently modeled and the movement animation is good enough (but yes Alaba is terrible). Also isn't it a little unfair that comparison, Slime is a lot more marketable than Kumo because it still have most of the points of other Isekais (OP MC, Harem and not being plot heavy (until later volumes)).

Also
The LN design sucks compared to the manga (kumo's)
Remember that Kumo isn't the only character of the story (even if the manga want you to believe so)
DwmV3Px.jpg
CXuhlvV.jpg
ZOX0pT4.png
The Web Novel has 553 chapters and only 330 are Kumo's chapters, everything else are side characters chapters.

@shoker A lot of the anime community dislikes 3d animation, my problem with it is in the PV it looked kinda wonky specially the enemies, some low res texture on backgrounds, half of the fanbase was very edgy for Tokyo Ghoul with characters designs alone people were hook up with it.
Shield Hero sometimes have bad animation, but sometimes it has great scenes, its a really mixed bag.

@linkhuesitos15 I only saw her design of the LN and I hate it, which is the same design used in the anime. Looks too weird to me. The problem is that for a long while, Kumo is the only character we are going to see, we are so many chapters in the manga and Kumo really is the only character, we rarely see other humans or recurring monsters. REMINDER: I only read the manga, I just stumbled across her LN illustrations when people kept posting then.

@shoker Hellsing is a pretty great example of this too. The first adaptation is really bad if you read the manga before. But if you didn't, which was the case for most western spectators at the time, it was awesome.

@Bes
@Nick86
Get used to this because that's how this story works. Later there's an entire arc that is told twice from different POVs.

@boag
I understand that the story feels like a mess for some people during the labyrinth arc, but after she escape from the labyrinth is pretty clear how the story is arranged (especially after the Keren Territory Arc).

Arrangment of the story (Chronology)
Past Arc (Kuro/Sariel/Potimas/Ariel) => Labyrinth's Arc (Kumo) => Spider Wars Arc (Kumo) => Keren Territory Arc (Kumo/Sophia) => Journey to the Demon Territory Arc (Ariel/Sophia/Shiro) => UFO Crisis Arc (Ariel/Sophia/Shiro) => Wrath of the Sword Demon Arc (Sophia/Shiro/Wrath) => War Preparations Arc (Shiro/Ariel/Wrath/Kunihiko/Asaka) => Blank space that the LN hasn't cover yet => Analeit Kingdom's Fall Arc (Shun/Katia/Julius/Filimos) => Journey to the Elf Village (Shun/Katia/Filimos) => Battle for the Elf Village Arc (Everyone but Kuro)
Arrangment of the story (Books Chronology)
Volume 1 = Labyrinth's Arc/Analeit Kingdom's Fall Arc
Volume 2 = Labyrinth's Arc/Analeit Kingdom's Fall Arc
Volume 3 = Labyrinth's Arc/Analeit Kingdom's Fall Arc
Volume 4 = Spider Wars Arc/Journey to the Elf Village Arc
Volume 5 = Keren Territory Arc/Battle fo the Elf Village Arc
Yes it jumps a lot between timelines but after the labyrinth is easy to guess what timeline is based on which characters are present.

Dex-chan lover
wew finally we're getting to the juicy part. After teh next arc it will have completed where i left off in the LN so might be a good chance to start catching up on that soon

Contributor
cocky fools . kumo-chan would have served you dinner if you weren't assholes.

Double-page supporter
o-oh...
I've been reading this manga for a while and until today it never registered to me that Kumo-chan was such an effin monster since usually the things she fight don't offer that kind of perspective.
It's not like I didn't think she was strong...just not that she would appear that scary to lesser beings I guess haha.
oops.

Dex-chan lover
And thus the old man fell in love with a spider.
Guy sure has good taste.
Can't wait for him to show up again, from Kumoko's pov side.

Bes

@linkhuesitos15

I'm not talking about the story, but the way it's told. In the novel it may work (dunno, have't read it and I won't bother) but in a comic book that's just shitty storytelling. The last 3 chapters could have just been 1, if author just switched POV during the chapter, and he would have obtained the same effect. Plus, textboxes are boring repetitions, as a reader I can already guess a character personality through the way he acts and his actions, a page of textboxes explaining stuff that is plain to see is just boring and a poor use of the medium.

Tl;dr author is inexperienced and it really shows, especially in the last chapters

Dex-chan lover
@samanosuke you might want to reread the manga because you can clearly see how she has progressed into a monster or at least has lost her mind to a point where she see's beings weaker than her as exp and food, well pretty much everything she see's except for the admins (that I know of) as food and exp. If you read the light novel you'll learn a nice twist I liked.

Though, I wonder how broken a mind needs to be for you to see a monster who has preyed on an arch terratect and think I'm going charge at it with my dinky sword and me being 1/3 of her size. Even Lord Rondantt was somewhat scared when he seen the corpse, but this fodder soldier fuck thinks he can do shit.

Users who are viewing this thread